Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    I don't understand a lot of things that Casey is doing to be honest. Raptors have lost so many games because of their play in the 4th and i think alot of that has to do with coaching.

Tonight for example:

- JV was playing so well, got his 4th foul mid 3rd quarter. Never got the chance to play again. Amir fouled out in the OT and i thought JV for sure will come into the game. But Casey for some reason went with AARON GRAY? wtf is going on?

- Rudy Gay taking quick shots late in the 4th like he has no idea what the score was.

- DeMar i thought deserved a shot at the end of regulation and OT... never got it. I love Rudy but he's 7/26 on the floor tonight, struggled mightily while DeMar i thought played one of his best game of his career.

- Where's Landry Fields? he's the Raps best perimeter defender. Why didn't they let him guard Kobe late in the game?

- As for Kobe's clutch 3 late in the 4th. I thought the Raps should've fouled. Kobe is like a video game in the clutch. He's automatic. Casey and the Raptors coaching staff SHOULD know this.

- Anderson is really pissing me off. I don't care about his stats tonight. The guy just continues to force everything offensively. At one point Matt and Jack were criticizing the guy because of his poor decisions. DeRozan i thought was pissed off as well late in the 3rd because he wasn't getting any touches while AA continues to chuck shots.
    Great post, sums up my frustrations exactly.

The only other complaint I had about Casey last night was why he left his 2nd unit (Lucas, Gray and Anderson) in so long in the 4th, as the big lead was slipping away. Also, I thought Fields played much better defence on Kobe than Anderson did, but Lucas/Gray staying in so long was my big beef.

Comment

All I'll say is that if JV can outplay Dwight Howard, even just in spurts, and still not see playing time, Casey absolutely is in way over his head. Several times this season JV has been outplaying/neutralizing a quality opposing C, as well as being the Raps key presence in the paint/on the glass...and he still gets benched. Fuck you Casey, you total nincompoop...

Comment

Clearly Casey is better suited to coaching a team largely lacking in talent, so that he can basically make everyone fight for their time on a level playing field. He can't deal with this mix of talent that has a lot of young pieces. Maybe he would be able to coach a fully veteran team as well. But he just seems so wrong for the roster right now it's absurd.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          really?? i thought the refs did a good job for a change yesterday. casey never out coached anyone! infact he's directly to blame for most of our meltdowns this season.. his love of AA, his refusal to play the rook's, his lack of offensive knowledge, his horrid sub patterns are absolutely killing this team this year!! T.Ross has already had his confidence drained by DC & if were not carefull DC's going to take the jam out of Jonas's jelly donut too!!

@FireDCbeforeItstooLate!!

@RudyAintAllThat!!

@AlanAndersonIsAScrub
          +1 I thought the refs did a good job as well. It was the coaching the substitutions, the executions, the same old shit that we see every 4th qtr that's what bothers me.

Been saying this for a long time now. Raptors need a new coach. Love Casey, good guy but i don't think he's an NBA caliber coach.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Casey could be taking the long view with the rooks.

JV is learning the hard lesson that controlling fouls = more time to make an impact.

Ross is learning that bad shot selection = 5 minutes of playing time.

Ross hasn't been the same since the week before the dunk contest
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

The only way I would endorse Casey getting the axe is if Sloan takes his place. I love everything about Jerry Sloan
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

JV is learning the hard lesson that controlling fouls = more time to make an impact.

+1 Sometimes raps fans make me laugh. No matter what you guys gotta blame someone rather than just lookin at what happened? Kobe played un conscience in the 4th quarter sometimes great players do that. AA's D was stifling on a few of those 3s and dude still made it. Lol @ Landry's D looked better? Give me a break cuz I'm sure you could assess that in the short time he was on the floor. AA posting up Jodie was the best available option if you looked at the personal on the floor and who was guarding who easily the mismatch. FOUL TROUBLE BENCHED JV. Not the coach. He let JV play through it in the first half ( or were any of you even watching that), and what happened? He picked up his 3rd. JV is rookie, and this is how you deal with rookies next year I'm sure he'll just let him play through a lot more, but right now the coach has to put ownness on the player.

All of you talk about his mismanagement of our line ups. But take a good look this dudes had so many different players inserted in and out with injuries and trades that most coaches would struggle with what to do. With no roster stability there's no line up stability. I do agree he kept the bench out a little too long, and coulda gave JV another shot but realistically he wouldve fouled in regulation hence making all your arguments invalid. Sure give the rookie a shot down the stretch to help us win a game that's close ? Or go with your vets who will probably make better decisions.

Kobe misses 1 shot, we win the game you guys shut up. Sometimes you can't stop great players such is life..anyone calling Monta Williams a shitty coach cuz kobe evaporated a 30 pt lead?

Give your heads a shake.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

+1

C-Low wrote: View Post
                  +1 Sometimes raps fans make me laugh. No matter what you guys gotta blame someone rather than just lookin at what happened? Kobe played un conscience in the 4th quarter sometimes great players do that. AA's D was stifling on a few of those 3s and dude still made it. Lol @ Landry's D looked better? Give me a break cuz I'm sure you could assess that in the short time he was on the floor. AA posting up Jodie was the best available option if you looked at the personal on the floor and who was guarding who easily the mismatch. FOUL TROUBLE BENCHED JV. Not the coach. He let JV play through it in the first half ( or were any of you even watching that), and what happened? He picked up his 3rd. JV is rookie, and this is how you deal with rookies next year I'm sure he'll just let him play through a lot more, but right now the coach has to put ownness on the player.

All of you talk about his mismanagement of our line ups. But take a good look this dudes had so many different players inserted in and out with injuries and trades that most coaches would struggle with what to do. With no roster stability there's no line up stability. I do agree he kept the bench out a little too long, and coulda gave JV another shot but realistically he wouldve fouled in regulation hence making all your arguments invalid. Sure give the rookie a shot down the stretch to help us win a game that's close ? Or go with your vets who will probably make better decisions.

Kobe misses 1 shot, we win the game you guys shut up. Sometimes you can't stop great players such is life..anyone calling Monta Williams a shitty coach cuz kobe evaporated a 30 pt lead?

Give your heads a shake.
                  +1

I would add that if one feels the need to place blame, which many posters here need, jumping on Casey is nothing short of laughable when you look at the 7/26, 6 TO game from the guy who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door in the 4th or OT.
                  Last edited by p00ka; Sat Mar 9, 2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Give your heads a shake.
                    Huge +1 fans dont know how lucky they are to have Casey coaching this squad. Kobe hit those shots its what big time players do, Raptors outplayed them all night, to fans Coach Casey will never be credited for the good he does and thats just fucked up.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      The only way I would endorse Casey getting the axe is if Sloan takes his place. I love everything about Jerry Sloan
                      At the moment I would take any experienced NBA coach - SVG, JVG... not only Sloan. We lost so much games in the 4th and Casey did no conclusions. If we would won 50% of that games, Raptors would have been near .500 or even little above this mark... We have a young team but all of our starters gets on court 5 mins left to the 4th quarter, before that the bench usually have enough time to complicate our situation by playing against full-strength opponents, and that happens again and again and again, not mentioning that DC trusts Gray over JV. Yes, Gray is quite good on post defence and rebounding, but it's hard to watch him defending against pick and rolls and changing players on defence...
                      Last edited by japetas; Sat Mar 9, 2013, 04:57 PM.
                      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen: Aaron Fucking Gray.

EDIT: So having rewatched this a few times, if you look closely you can actually see Casey yell at Gray to run out and double Kobe. So I guess we're talking about Gray's ineptitude + Casey's stupidity, rather than both of those falling on Gray.

Still tho.
                        Last edited by themasao; Sat Mar 9, 2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Give your heads a shake.
                          I am shaking my head........ at how anyone could justify bringing Gray out in the 4th and overtime over JV. The foul argument is IRRELEVANT. I can't emphasize this enough: if the point of benching JV is to avoid having him foul out of the game then WHY does he never again enter the game???.

This is what I don't get -- JV will never have to foul out, cause Casey effectively 'fouls him out' by PERMA-benching him after the 3rd quarter.

Aron Gray was single-handedly (I guess you have to give an assist to DC) responsible for not only the Kobe go ahead dunk (see above) but the wide open Nash 3 pointer that tied the game in OT.

Aron Gray's ineptitude is rivaled only by his stupidity (he attempting to double Kobe beyond the arc -- I'll pause while you let that digest...) And his stupidity is rivaled only by his Dwane Casey's.

Guys -- forget Jerry Sloan; I'd settle for the water-boy at this point.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                            I am shaking my head........ at how anyone could justify bringing Gray out in the 4th and overtime over JV. The foul argument is IRRELEVANT. I can't emphasize this enough: if the point of benching JV is to avoid having him foul out of the game then WHY does he never again enter the game???.

This is what I don't get -- JV will never have to foul out, cause Casey effectively 'fouls him out' by PERMA-benching him after the 3rd quarter.

Aron Gray was single-handedly (I guess you have to give an assist to DC) responsible for not only the Kobe go ahead dunk (see above) but the wide open Nash 3 pointer that tied the game in OT.

Aron Gray's ineptitude is rivaled only by his stupidity (he attempting to double Kobe beyond the arc -- I'll pause while you let that digest...) And his stupidity is rivaled only by his Dwane Casey's.

Guys -- forget Jerry Sloan; I'd settle for the water-boy at this point.
                            +1

It's comical really. I know Casey trusts his veteran players like Gray/Anderson. But the Raps are now 15 games under .500. So obviously it's NOT WORKING. It's time to let that go. WAKE UP.

The focus of the season for the Raps now since they're pretty much out of the race is to develop TR and JV. These 2 should play more. Ross not getting any playing time last night was a joke. JV only playing 17mins was a bigger joke. The guy was playing so well. 12pts and 6rbs and was holding his own against Howard.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              +1

It's comical really. I know Casey trusts his veteran players like Gray/Anderson. But the Raps are now 15 games under .500. So obviously it's NOT WORKING. It's time to let that go. WAKE UP.

The focus of the season for the Raps now since they're pretty much out of the race is to develop TR and JV. These 2 should play more. Ross not getting any playing time last night was a joke. JV only playing 17mins was a bigger joke. The guy was playing so well. 12pts and 6rbs and was holding his own against Howard.
                              Yep. The irony of the whole "he's our guy -- we've got to go with our guy" justification that Casey regularly throws out to explain poor shot/minute allocation kills me.

If you reward bad play with more minutes and more shots, and condemn hustle and domination (12 and 6 in 17 min!?!?! can you ask for more???) to the bench. What kind of message do you expect to send to the FUTURE OF YOUR FRANCHISE.

My neck hurts form shaking my head so much.

Comment

Someone needs to redub this "bench JV again"

"Bench JV again, I dare you; I double dare you mothafucka. Does JV look like a bitch?"

Comment

Working...
                                X