Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a rule against Head Coaching by committee?
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      is there a rule against Head Coaching by committee?
      I think you need to have a clear-cut leader, in order for them to establish authority over the team. In previous threads the idea has been discussed to take a more NFL-style approach to coaching, where you have an all-encompassing head coach to be the main strategist/motivator/GM-liaison, with dedicated offensive & defensive coordinators. I think it would work very well if coaches could swallow their ego. Even just a 2 coach system would work, where the head coach is also one of the coordinators, allowing a dedicated assistant coach run the other end.

Comment

why would we fire casey? Even if we had greg popovich, we still wouldn't get out of the first round with this talent, let alone compete for a championship. Keeping in mind, we erase whatever progress casey has brought to the team, we should wait one more year, at least he has the respect of the players.

Comment

If Dwayne Casey can't see that Rudy Gay jacking up 26 shots a game and scoring 17 points while driving into double teams and turning the ball over in crucial minutes in the 4th is not good for this team then he has no business being our head coach. Rudy Gay is an overhyped player many people think is a star, but the only star like thing about him is how much he gets paid and his highlight reel. Casey either needs to rein him in and get him playing to his potential (good luck with that; 7 years in the league and we are still talking about potential ala Bargnani) or we need to get a coach who will have the guts to do it.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
            why would we fire casey? Even if we had greg popovich, we still wouldn't get out of the first round with this talent, let alone compete for a championship. Keeping in mind, we erase whatever progress casey has brought to the team, we should wait one more year, at least he has the respect of the players.
            Not even close to true. We have one of the more talented wing rotations in the entire league. Look at the nuggets, we arguably have more talent then them but they are a pretty damn good team.

Comment

You may be right. I have no sweet clue to be honest.

But I do love watching San Antonio move the basketball on offense.

If only the Raptors.....

Comment

why would we fire casey? Even if we had greg popovich, we still wouldn't get out of the first round with this talent, let alone compete for a championship.
                That's one way of looking at it. Another way is as follows:- if we had a different Coach we probably would have been in line to at least make the play-offs. I believe Casey is responsible for quite a few of the losses. A safe alternative is to promote one of the assistants to Head Coach.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

My problem is Casey's minutes distribution & JV/Ross development. On average, I'd like to see something like this: Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Amir, JV starting @ 35MPG. Bargs @ 26MPG (until he's traded), spelling off JV/Amir. Ross @ 26MPG, spelling off Gay/Derozan. Either Lucas or Telfair, splitting 13MPG. Everybody else (especially AA) nailed to the bench, except for injuries and foul trouble. That's it. A 9/10 man rotation with a crystal clear pecking order. Forget about trying to match up big/small. The starting lineup is athletic enough to compete with any small lineup and tough enough to compete with any big lineup.

Comment

Golden you forgot Fields hes earned his way into rotation imo.

Comment

• Kept asking myself this all day after the game

"Self? Why are we using Aaron Gray and Bargs to trap Kobe Bryant at the top of the 3 point line? And why is Alan Anderson worrying about help d on Steve Nash when hes guarding one of the top 5 players in the league? O ya, thats right, our coach is an idiot...ok."

#LETSGOBLUEJAYS

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Golden you forgot Fields hes earned his way into rotation imo.
                        Thanks for reminding me. Hopefully he HAS earned his way into the rotation.... ideally, some other team's rotation. Trade him, if that's even remotely possible.

Comment

• Casey's only problem is not giving Valaciunius more time, but even then I think it has to do with Casey trying to condition the kid to not pick up too many vowels.

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
                            Casey's only problem is not giving Valaciunius more time, but even then I think it has to do with Casey trying to condition the kid to not pick up too many vowels.
                            Yeah, he's already got 5 vowels in his name. One more vowel and he's vowelled out. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, he's already got 5 vowels in his name. One more vowel and he's vowelled out. lol.
                              So bad it is funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X