Are You A Fan of Alan Andersons game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You A Fan of Alan Andersons game?

Alan Anderson, streaky shooter, adds some scoring to this team and his shooting seems like it keeps us in games and also gets us out of em. Let's pretend we could make some trades to get rid of the logjam at SF, would you want to keep Anderson?
    yes
    31.82%
    no
    68.18%
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Trade him while his value is inflated from Casey's mancrush.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Add an option for "meeeeh"

Comment

Alan Anderson is pretty much Rudy Gay except 1700x cheaper with better defence. He might not be as athletic as Gay but when it comes to actually playing he is just as good as him if not better with the way Gay is playing this season.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          Alan Anderson is pretty much Rudy Gay except 1700x cheaper with better defence. He might not be as athletic as Gay but when it comes to actually playing he is just as good as him if not better with the way Gay is playing this season.
          Disagree, Rudy Gay's defensive rating of 97.3, making him one of the best at guarding his position.

EDIT* Sorry, I don't disagree, Anderson is a better defender, but my point of posting the above is because he's just as a good a defender.
          Last edited by ReubenJRD; Sun Mar 10, 2013, 02:50 AM.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Raps IMO should mainly use him as a spot up 3pt shooter kinda like Anthony Parker when he was here. Right now he's trying to do too much, pretty much forcing everything offensively. Tough to watch.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I like Alan Anderson.

Only when he's playing the role he should be playing, and that is the 3-&-D guy. He's a really good defender, good outside shooter, and will give you stretches where he can create his own shot. He's not a sixth man in my opinion...
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Casey is too soft on his guys. We need a coach that will get up in the players face and tell him what he should do when he's on the court. I feel like Casey's just giving everyone too much freedom, we need some stability and strictness. If Greg popovich or george carl had AA they'd bench his ass if he took stupid shots like he does sometimes. In yesterdays game he drives into like 3 guys and pulls up from 14 feet trying to bank it off the glass, what goes through this dudes head? DeMar, Rudy and Lowry were on the floor...

Comment

no i dont like the guy who shoots us out of more games than in, and when hes not hitting continues to chuck anyway

Comment

Alan Anderson has a pretty good overall game. Good ball skills, has range (sometimes) and solid defender. His jab steps are ridiculously effective.

The problem is, he thinks he's Kobe. Either he's stupid or the coach just gives him free reign.

Put him in the Spurs system and watch him flourish. He is very skilled. Just limit his usage.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

As like a 10th or 11th man who knows his role? Sure
                      As someone playing in the crunch who jacks 3's and leaves guys like allen and kobe in the corner to help? Nonono
                      Just play ross at this point Casey.
                      #minutesfortheyouth

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
                        As like a 10th or 11th man who knows his role? Sure
                        As someone playing in the crunch who jacks 3's and leaves guys like allen and kobe in the corner to help? Nonono
                        Just play ross at this point Casey.
                        #minutesfortheyouth
                        This sums it up for me.

I admire AA and have the utmost respect for how he made it back to the NBA years later after traveling the world looking for a game.

However I am not a fan of his game or his usage at this time because it is coming at the expense of the future... and all that hope for the future b.s. Raptor fans - myself included - cling to each March and April.

Comment

d749 wrote: View Post
                          no i dont like the guy who shoots us out of more games than in, and when hes not hitting continues to chuck anyway
                          Rudy Gay?

Comment

Anderson is a ball staller....I admire what he has done to make it back to the NBA, but now go do it on another team.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

There are more "oh no!" than "yes" moments when I watch him play.

His shot selection makes him expendable imo!

I would rather live with TRoss and his rookie learning curve because he has more upside than Anderson by a country mile!
                              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Working...
                              X