Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    I would say 11

I've been a die hard fan since the VC era.
    you cant be. You'd have to go to every game and sit courtside screaming at dwane casey, thats what 11 is.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      you cant be. You'd have to go to every game and sit courtside screaming at dwane casey, thats what 11 is.
      I would love to but im not from Toronto.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        I would love to but im not from Toronto.
        Exactly

Comment

I said 9 .. but could probably argue 9 or 10. Ive had at least at least a 10 game pack (plus games I go to for work or other reasons) since I moved home 10 years ago and pretty much never miss a game (at least on PVR or raps game in an hour). Im semi-addicted to this site (not sure thats something I should be bragging about).
          The Raps are the only Toronto team I cheer for, growing up in London, Ontario .. Im a fan of tigers, lions and wings (perhaps said more accurately, was taught to hate the leafs and jays). But, since the Raps were new, they became my team and are now my favourite team in any sport by a mile.
          I answered "yes" to pretty much every question in the "do you get angry" poll (except that I dont get mad at Vince at all .. he made my basketball viewing of the raps SOOO good for so many years, he gets a pass for being a total jackass on the way out). On the flipside, I have very little time for CB4, who I always felt was over-rated and never came through in the clutch.
          Ill admit, I used to like AB a lot - even have / wear his jersey (the talent / hope was so tempting) .. but realize he sucks now.

Comment

i give myself an 8. when i came to Canada from Africa soccer was in my blood , i breed and lived soccer but eventually i started to realize that soccer wasn't big in this country and no one really gave a shit about it so my love for soccer started to vanish and i started to fall in love with the raptors when t.j ford become a raptors since that day i never stopped watching my Raptors.My dad hated basketball and sports in general i remember he cancelled our cable and internet cause i watched the raptors instead of doing my homework now that i live on my own i watch them every minute i get. also during the playoff series against Orlando u couldn't even get to union station it was soo packed they had to shutdown union subway .

Comment

I would like to say that I am a huge fan..been that way since 2000. The reason i call myself a superfan is that i currently live in abu dhabi which is across the globe from Canada. I have lived in Mississauga pretty much my entire life. Also being in Abu Dhabi means that I am 9 hours ahead of Toronto Time which makes games ultimately late here to watch (about 4am average). So i mean it takes dedication to wake up super early and sleep super early just to catch these games. n e ways.. go raps...hope the future looks good because i have seen too too too many losing seasons.

Comment

Id say my fandom score is anywhere from 8 to 10.

Ive been a Raps fan since day one, even saw the very very first Raptors game ever to be played in Canada which was a pre-season game against Atlanta. For you young guns this was at a place called the Skydome and our superstar was Damon Stoudamire (rookie of the year that year 19 ppg - 9 asst - 1.5 stls) I remeber watching that Hawks game and thinking "damn that Stoudamire kid can play" - he easily stood out that day even if you didn't know the first thing about basketball.

Ive been through it all with this team; witnessed the legend that is Zan Tabaak, saw one of my favourites (Isiah Thomas) shamefully lose his job as Raptors VP, saw the first true fan favourites in JYD and Alvin 'boogie' Williams, witnessed the drafting of superstars (Damon, Vince, McGrady, Bosh, Camby...JV, Ross), lived through all the Calderone battles (Ford,Bayless etc etc..), witnessed one of the all time legends Hakeem 'the dream' don a Raptors jersey (although he was clearly past his prime), witnessed one of the best playoff battles of all time going right down to the wire (prime Vince vs. Iverson)...wow it was actually fun remembering all these franchise cornerstones and Im sure ive left a lot out. Id love to hear from others about any other big time events for this Raps franchise

Comment

Lol dude ... you are totally me... Or am I totally you? ... Same situation every game ... well I definetly havent missed more than 10 games ... Doesn't getting up at 1AM every game make you feel special to? I gave myself a 9 because of those ten missed games and cuz I've been a DIE-HARD fan since I was what 8? But I did miss the 2008 and 2009 seasons cause of moving to Europe and not knowing the magic of the STREEAAM ....

Comment

I gave myself a 10 ! Reason for me is it is entertaining for both my wife and I. It is sometimes tough to watch but it is great to see the youth movement with the raptor's and watch them get better! We have season tickets so we see improvement each and every time we see a game. Don't get me wrong there are some flaws as some nights they look like they hav't seen a basketball before but they do compete and if and only when they find how to close games in the 4th we could have at least 10 more victories!!! I am passionate about my Raptor's but I do realize it does take time to build a good team. I'm hoping that this year is one big step towards a winning team.

Comment

I said 8. Because I don't live in Toronto and have only seen 1 live game. But I have watched on average 75 games a year on tv and have known the roster for the past 10 years, minus the advance stats stuff. I have gotten down on this team, but continue to watch and continue with the "this is the year it turns around" mindset. haha

Comment

i would like to state... if you chose a 9 or higher and do not own one of these... you're a poser

Comment

I gave myself a "9" as a Cavaliers fan, and a "8" as a Raptors fan.

I like both team equally but I enjoy charting the Cavaliers games more than I like charting the Raptors games, mainly because they have so many young players playing significant minutes.

Comment

Probably a 9. I watch every single game, and can name every player that is/was on the roster for the past 3 years, but before that, I know nothing. I moved to the GTA in 2009 and immediately fell in love, I was a season ticket holder for the 2010-2011 season. The raptors and all of us fans are my winter family.
                            #JVforPM #DemarismyHero #GoRaps

Comment

Believe it or not I started watching more of the games with interest when Mike James was our starting PG
                              This team sucked but I liked it. After Parker arrived I was hooked for life. Where I live the games are almost always around 2 - 2:30 AM. It isn't very easy to watch them live so I download the games and watch them the next day (THANK YOU for uploading every raptor game for so many years davka and sportscene )
                              I am getting tired of the loosing seasons and the last few years I had to argue and defend Amir because I really like and appreciate his game. Up until this season to a degree at least.Now more people say "Amir is great and he deserves his contract" - the same people who were bashing by the start of this season.
                              Anyway it is cruel to be a Raptors fan but we all are and I think there are many non Canadian fans which is great and shows this team is liked everywhere.

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
                                Believe it or not I started watching more of the games with interest when Mike James was our starting PG
                                This team sucked but I liked it. After Parker arrived I was hooked for life. Where I live the games are almost always around 2 - 2:30 AM. It isn't very easy to watch them live so I download the games and watch them the next day (THANK YOU for uploading every raptor game for so many years davka and sportscene )
                                I am getting tired of the loosing seasons and the last few years I had to argue and defend Amir because I really like and appreciate his game. Up until this season to a degree at least.Now more people say "Amir is great and he deserves his contract" - the same people who were bashing by the start of this season.
                                Anyway it is cruel to be a Raptors fan but we all are and I think there are many non Canadian fans which is great and shows this team is liked everywhere.
                                I dont believe you.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X