Tweak, Sweep or Tw-eep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweak, Sweep or Tw-eep

Putting aside his salary, Gay's acquisition has not spelt a mind-boggling improvement but nevertheless some improvement is apparent. The question I'm asking is:- for the Raptors to be significant next season, does the roster need minor tweaking, a sweeping change(replace majority of the players, GM and Coach) or a bit of both(not minor nor major)?

Personally I think the team needs to add a starting PF, a solid back up PG and a new Coach. I guess it could be called a tweak. What are your opinions? Please name names if you have them in mind. Note that tanking is also an option considering it's now only a matter of time before it becomes official that OKC will use our pick in 2013.
    TWEAK(minor changes)
    51.28%
    SWEEP(major changes)
    15.38%
    TW-EEP(minor nor major)
    23.08%
    TANK
    10.26%
    Attitude Is A Choice.

I think the team would have done a lot better standings wise if Casey wasn't such a blithering dunderhead late in games, but the team still needs serious changes.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Personally, I think we have the pieces to be a borderline-to-good playoff team, like Lowry, DeRozan and Rudy. JV and Ross seem to be formidable young guys that we can continue to develop. And Amir can be counted as a solid piece; his hustle is matched by no one on this team. I think we just need a more consistent bench, and maybe a starting PF since most people on this forum prefer Amir as a third big. Coaching change is most likely considered major, but I haven't really made my decision on whether or not I like DC.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Bench is our problem, all bench should be swept, with exceptions of Ross and Telfair imo. Casey's causing headache sometimes as well.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          Bench is our problem, all bench should be swept, with exceptions of Ross and Telfair imo. Casey's causing headache sometimes as well.
          The main players off the Bench Bargnani(terrible slump) and Ross(Rookie problems) are not performing to potential. Fields the other significant bench player has been good when on court but hasn't played very much due to injuries. I agree. Along with acquiring a good back up PG, bench needs to be improved.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Tweaks are all that we need until we get a good training camp in and see what we have in our rookies. A head coaching change and maybe one or two mid level additions then see how we look.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Sorry...Raptors would need a major overhaul to be significant next season and that won't happen this offseason. they are just gonna hope and pray that their younger players improve next year (mainly JV and Ross, and possibly Derozan).

Raps are a team with no real identity. They try to be a perimeter team despite being a below average outside shooting team. Gotta learn to take it to the hole with their athleticism. It's a mindset at this point that needs to be tweaked in order to improve.

Comment

we need a vet. center to mentor jonas (Gasol?) we need to move on from bargs!...we need someone to hack BC's Phone & remove AA & his agent from BC'S contact list!..we need to replace DC with either SVG or Mike Brown... we need a PF to either start or backup Amir...we need Rudy to shoot all summer long till his percentage gets better..We need Lowry to be Lowry...lastly if all the above doesnt happen FIRE BC!

Comment

I said TWEAK because improving the starting PF is the only significant improvement that I think needs to be made. Backup PG and backup C could be addressed, but they will be for limited playing time, so I don't consider them major moves.

STARTERS
                  C: Valanciunas
                  PF: ?
                  SF: Gay
                  SG: DeRozan
                  PG: Lowry

2ND UNIT
                  Big: Johnson
                  Wing: Ross, Fields
                  PG: ?

Comment

I said SWEEP. The teams needs a new GM. In my opinion that is a major change.. I won't be satisfied until we have someone new running the show regardless if we get a starting caliber PF and a backup PG.

Comment

I say tweak. Need two bigs a pf and a C and backup pg if we arent happy with telfair all though i really dont know if there's anything available worth getting. Biggest thing for me is saying goodbye to bargs one way or another.

Comment

Am I delusional to think that the raptors are building like the pacers. Honestly more focus on defense and somebody having a legitimate 3 ball after Lowry would make this team soooo good. This means Derozan and Gay have to improve a good chunk over the summer. Not to mention, a change in one of the assistant coaches to bring along an offensive mind could really turn this club into something special. I feel Casey should just preach defence, and leave the offence to someone else. Other than that I feel certain players have to be discarded most notably Bargs. Though I love the idea of a stretch 4, I feel like he's got no passion to the game anymore. Its what happens with 8 years of hate and multiple failed seasons. A packaged deal with him and Anderson could land a late lottery pick and some fillers.

I want Milsap so badly on this team, a legitimate jump-shooter with crazy rebounding skills. Just drooling.... Possibly a 2nd or 3rd seed if the improvements above are taken over the summer and JV develops better defense and post moves.
                        "If thats what you say bruh"- Russel Westbrook

Comment

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                          I say tweak. Need two bigs a pf and a C and backup pg if we arent happy with telfair all though i really dont know if there's anything available worth getting. Biggest thing for me is saying goodbye to bargs one way or another.
                          This is the answer

Our team will be ABOVE AVERAGE talent-wise by next year. We just need a coach who will play the best players and best groups of players....shouldn't be hard to find right?

Comment

respectdmadman wrote: View Post
                            Am I delusional to think that the raptors are building like the pacers. Honestly more focus on defense and somebody having a legitimate 3 ball after Lowry would make this team soooo good. This means Derozan and Gay have to improve a good chunk over the summer. Not to mention, a change in one of the assistant coaches to bring along an offensive mind could really turn this club into something special. I feel Casey should just preach defence, and leave the offence to someone else. Other than that I feel certain players have to be discarded most notably Bargs. Though I love the idea of a stretch 4, I feel like he's got no passion to the game anymore. Its what happens with 8 years of hate and multiple failed seasons. A packaged deal with him and Anderson could land a late lottery pick and some fillers.

I want Milsap so badly on this team, a legitimate jump-shooter with crazy rebounding skills. Just drooling.... Possibly a 2nd or 3rd seed if the improvements above are taken over the summer and JV develops better defense and post moves.

The odds of Gay improving any "chunks" at this point is unlikely. He has been in the league long enough and is technically entering his prime.

I also think the odds of Demar becoming a 40%+ 3PT shooter is extremely unlikely.

Milsap would be great on the team, like another Amir who can shoot, but the solution has to come from Ross being more of a consistent shooter during the year.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I said TWEAK because improving the starting PF is the only significant improvement that I think needs to be made. Backup PG and backup C could be addressed, but they will be for limited playing time, so I don't consider them major moves.

STARTERS
                              C: Valanciunas
                              PF: ?
                              SF: Gay
                              SG: DeRozan
                              PG: Lowry

2ND UNIT
                              Big: Johnson

Wing: Ross, Fields
                              PG: ?
                              You don't think that Amir has proven he can start on this team? Or is it that we need another 4 and we can't afford to go out and get a 4 that's worse than amir to come off the bench (i.e. speights, brandon bass, glen davis, etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X