Raptors Expected To Pursue Carl Landry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Expected To Pursue Carl Landry

The Toronto Raptors are expected to pursue Carl Landry this offseason if he opts out of his contract with the Golden State Warriors, according to a source.

The Raptors will seek a veteran power forward this summer.

Amir Johnson has had a breakout season for Toronto at the power forward position and are also looking for a resolution to the Andrea Bargnani situation.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports
    @RavNation

I would love a PF rotation of Amir and Landry. I have always been a big fan of Landry and wanted the Raps to pursue him earlier.

Comment

I've been pretty much saying this for weeks....Trade market aside, Landry will likely be target #1 at PF if he opts out. He won't be as sought as the bigger names, and the MLE would still be a payraise to him.

Comment

I am down for Carl Landry. Hes a brute with a box game thats what we need. I wonder if we have anything that GSW would want though... They love 3s so maybe they will bite on Bargnani lol.

Comment

Im not sure what i should think about this.
          I just looked at Landry's game logs and he's pretty much like Amir.
          If they do pursue him, does it mean theyre sticking with Amir as a starter? Yikes.

I was hoping they go after either Boozer or David West.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            I am down for Carl Landry. Hes a brute with a box game thats what we need. I wonder if we have anything that GSW would want though... They love 3s so maybe they will bite on Bargnani lol.
            The point is to sign him if he opts out. I very much doubt he's a trade candidate.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
              Im not sure what i should think about this.
              I just looked at Landry's game logs and he's pretty much like Amir.
              If they do pursue him, does it mean theyre sticking with Amir as a starter? Yikes.

I was hoping they go after either Boozer or David West.
              And I think the point is that Landry will be a FA target.....as in someone they can sign without a trade. Boozer, West...anybody that would make more than the mid-level is not an option to sign. I'm sure management will try to acquire a better PF if possible through a trade, but if that fails, Landry is a solid option.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                And I think the point is that Landry will be a FA target.....as in someone they can sign without a trade. Boozer, West...anybody that would make more than the mid-level is not an option to sign. I'm sure management will try to acquire a better PF if possible through a trade, but if that fails, Landry is a solid option.
                Oh I see. MLE is 3-5mil? So if they get Landry, theyd probably try and trade Amir?

Comment

Great.

A soon-to-be-30 year old reserve undersized (or average at best) PF who averages 11/6 and likely looking for his last big pay day is the prime off season target?

That is my initial thought. Not sure if thinking a bit more will change it.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani sign and trade could be an option. GSW have been rumoured to have interest in the past.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Great.

A soon-to-be-30 year old reserve undersized (or average at best) PF who averages 11/6 and likely looking for his last big pay day is the prime off season target?

That is my initial thought. Not sure if thinking a bit more will change it.
                      It does look like that on the surface.

But I'm not a GM so i really dont know what BC sees that i dont.

Comment

Raptors first order of business is shopping and then moving Bargnani for whatevers best so Im pretty sure it would be a Sign and trade for Carl Landry. If hes just like Amir (which is true) isnt necessarily a bad thing when Amir is out there his hustle and defense provides some of our best minutes on the court is doubling up such a bad thing?

If Boozer is still dangling BC should take that deal.

Comment

Carly Landry is the dream small-ball PF.

Though I had it in my mind we needed someone taller and more offensively capable in the post..
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I don't think Landry would be a significant improvement at starting PF over Johnson. With the Raps depth on the wings, they still have Gay to be a small-ball PF. Given his age and likely salary demands, I really don't see this as anything more than a lateral move at best.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I don't think Landry would be a significant improvement at starting PF over Johnson. With the Raps depth on the wings, they still have Gay to be a small-ball PF. Given his age and likely salary demands, I really don't see this as anything more than a lateral move at best.
                              I don't think the idea would be to improve over Johnson....I think, that again if a trade is not possible to get a true upgrade, Landry affords at least the same kind of different look they'd want in that upgrade: A more offensive oriented player who can score a bit in the post. Obviously guys like West, Boozer, Gasol are all better players, but there have to be non-trade options to fall back on. Landry is a pretty solid fallback position if they fail to get someone else but can get him.

Comment

Working...
                              X