Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetically if we get top 3 pick who would you draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetically if we get top 3 pick who would you draft?

I'm curious mainly for the reason I'm bored and love march madness. If we got a top 3 pick who would you draft? or what would you do with the pick. If i had my choice id trade away any of the picks. There has only been 3 players so far (pre march madness) that have really caught my eye and i would like to see in raps uniform. 1 Nerlends Noel, 2 Anthony Bennet (not just he's canadian.) 3 Trey Burke.

When drafting im thinking of our needs, another C (prob not best idea having two young C's), backup PF and PG (future and backup.) Noel is great defender and raw offensively, would be nice and there are mins available for him to develop at PF and C. I love Bennet's energy and athleticism would fit in perfectly here obviously would be instant fan favourite. Trey Burke i'm not really sure what it is i can just see his skills translating to the NBA and i dont see that in many players in this years draft. March madness always showcases all the young studs and we will all have better grasp of who we like but i'm curious pre madness as well.

Thoughts?

If we got a top 3 pick I would not like to draft a backup C or PG with it I would want starting talent with the potential to be an all star. but yeah I would look for a PF and have a Bennet and Amir combination also I would look at Ollynk (whatever his name is lol) or a PG so then we could play either him or Lowry off the bench and hopefully trade Lowry for something useful.

Comment

Noel, Oladipo or Bennett.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Muhammad
        Bennett
        Zeller

In that order.

I still can't believe we traded a potential lottery pick for an unproven, career backup PG in Kyle Lowry. *shakes head*

Btw, remember after the Washington game when i said i'd trade Lowry and Ross for Wall? Wall that time was struggling so obviously i got a lot of NO answer LOL. Now that Wall is playing like John Wall. What do you guys think? still wouldn't do it? LOL
        Last edited by The Great One; Sun Mar 17, 2013, 02:08 AM.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Muhammad
          Bennett
          Zeller

In that order.

I still can't believe we traded a potential lottery pick for an unproven, career backup PG in Kyle Lowry. *shakes head*

Btw, remember after the Washington game when i said i'd trade Lowry and Ross for Wall? Wall that time was struggling so obviously i got a lot of NO answer LOL. Now that Wall is playing like John Wall. What do you guys think? still wouldn't do it? LOL
          there is no way the Wizards would accept that

Comment

JackfromNZ wrote: View Post
            there is no way the Wizards would accept that
            That's what i've been saying but Raps fans in this forum were saying they wouldn't trade Ross + Lowry for Wall. Hilarious.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I would look to trade it.

This is a shit year to have a top 3 pick.

Reminds me of 2006.

That is not to say this is a shit draft just that the talent from a top three pick compared to a 8-10 pick is not that much of a stretch.

Guys I like in this draft are:

Otto Porter
              Trey Burke
              Ben McLemore
              Victor Oladipo

Cody Zeller's 6'8" wingspan and minimal athleticism is a major concern to me.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I would look to trade it.

This is a shit year to have a top 3 pick.

Reminds me of 2006.

That is not to say this is a shit draft just that the talent from a top three pick compared to a 8-10 pick is not that much of a stretch.

Guys I like in this draft are:

Otto Porter
                Trey Burke
                Ben McLemore
                Victor Oladipo

Cody Zeller's 6'8" wingspan and minimal athleticism is a major concern to me.
                you know what would be great? If we could unload ALL our shit contracts (bargnani,fields,kleiza,..)on a small market team with capspace this summer (like the utah jazz) with the pick. That way, the small market team get's talent they wouldn't be able to attract in free agency, and we get out of an ugly financial situation.

We do not need a rookie at this point, and already have players to build around.
                Last edited by akashsingh; Sun Mar 17, 2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                  you know what would be great? If we could unload ALL our shit contracts (bargnani,fields,kleiza,..)on a small market team with capspace this summer (like the utah jazz) with the pick. That way, the small market team get's talent they wouldn't be able to attract in free agency, and we get out of an ugly financial situation.

We do not need a rookie at this point, and already have players to build around.
                  Don't believe the Casey spin on this.

Talent is what matters.

For a team in a tight financial situation, rookie contracts are exactly what is needed: talented players on cheap contracts.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Don't believe the Casey spin on this.

Talent is what matters.

For a team in a tight financial situation, rookie contracts are exactly what is needed: talented players on cheap contracts.
                    Agree 100% with this (that the casey spin is totally overblown on needing vets). Our team with have Gay (8 years), Amir (7 I think) and DD (5) playing heavy minutes in addition to lowry (7) - these are hardly inexperienced players.

However, not sure I agree with your previous post on trading the pick. Not because I think its a great draft, more because of your last point here - given our lack of financial flexibility, young, talented players on cheap contracts are really the only way for this team to improve. I guess if someone was willing to trade a rookie from this year (or a 2014 first rounder from a bad team) - then Id think about trading it .. but not sure it makes sense for a middle of the road vetern (ie someone Lowry-esque, which is likely what we would be looking at)

For the record, I would go with Noel, Smart and Bennett in that order. Given this draft doesnt have a standout talent, Id go with anything but wing players (sounds weird to say that after needing them for so long).

Oh ya .. and I wouldnt touch Zeller with a ten foot pole under any circumstance.
                    Last edited by mountio; Sun Mar 17, 2013, 09:54 AM. Reason: Zeller sucks .. forgot that

Comment

If we get a top 3 pick, are we even allowed to trade it?

Comment

Bennett is brutal on defense, makes Bargnani seem like a lock down defender. The opposition always looks to isolate on whomever Bennett is guarding, posting up with a big, or blowing by off the dribble by a small forward.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          That's what i've been saying but Raps fans in this forum were saying they wouldn't trade Ross + Lowry for Wall. Hilarious.
                          I STILL think its a stupid idea.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            If we get a top 3 pick, are we even allowed to trade it?
                            That is a good question.

I believe yes but the Raptors would have to make the pick on behalf of the other team and trade consummated after.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                              Agree 100% with this (that the casey spin is totally overblown on needing vets). Our team with have Gay (8 years), Amir (7 I think) and DD (5) playing heavy minutes in addition to lowry (7) - these are hardly inexperienced players.

However, not sure I agree with your previous post on trading the pick. Not because I think its a great draft, more because of your last point here - given our lack of financial flexibility, young, talented players on cheap contracts are really the only way for this team to improve. I guess if someone was willing to trade a rookie from this year (or a 2014 first rounder from a bad team) - then Id think about trading it .. but not sure it makes sense for a middle of the road vetern (ie someone Lowry-esque, which is likely what we would be looking at)

For the record, I would go with Noel, Smart and Bennett in that order. Given this draft doesnt have a standout talent, Id go with anything but wing players (sounds weird to say that after needing them for so long).

Oh ya .. and I wouldnt touch Zeller with a ten foot pole under any circumstance.
                              I would look to trade down with another team and get a lower pick plus another asset.

The experience Toronto has cannot be emphasized enough among the starters. DeRozan is no longer an inexperienced chump - nor is he about to be paid like one. There are a lot of successful teams with young talent among the starters and playing big minutes. TALENT is more important than anything else..... with a coach who believes in the ability of the player, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X