Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetically if we get top 3 pick who would you draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Don't believe the Casey spin on this.

Talent is what matters.

For a team in a tight financial situation, rookie contracts are exactly what is needed: talented players on cheap contracts.
    This. People just don't seem to get it, no matter how many times you've tried to spell it out. Stockpiling talent on cheap contracts gives you the best possible flexibility to become successful.

But it almost doesn't matter what the Raps situation is, there's always a contingent of fans that buy into the "we've got a great core to build around" spin that MLSE spews out, year-in, year-out. Unfortunately, perennially fighting for the 8th playoff spot and getting it maybe 1/3rd of the time would make most fans ecstatic. The bar for the TO sports fan is just so damn low.

Comment

This is our ?th year fighting for that 8th spot?

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
        This is our ?th year fighting for that 8th spot?
        Who's fighting for that 8th spot? We certainly aren't. It's our ?th year dreaming about that 8th spot.

Comment

I would look to trade down with another team and get a lower pick plus another asset.

The experience Toronto has cannot be emphasized enough among the starters. DeRozan is no longer an inexperienced chump - nor is he about to be paid like one. There are a lot of successful teams with young talent among the starters and playing big minutes. TALENT is more important than anything else..... with a coach who believes in the ability of the player, of course.
          Thats fair .. a lower pick this year plus maybe a middle of the road type pick in the 2014 draft .. I could get behind that type of deal. Very counter to the type of deal that BC typically does .. but stranger things have happened ..

Comment

Nerlens Noel if he declares. Just the kind of Athletic long PF we need

Comment

I would look to trade down with another team and get a lower pick plus another asset.

The experience Toronto has cannot be emphasized enough among the starters. DeRozan is no longer an inexperienced chump - nor is he about to be paid like one. There are a lot of successful teams with young talent among the starters and playing big minutes. TALENT is more important than anything else..... with a coach who believes in the ability of the player, of course.
              I don't think the Raptors would be able to convince a team to trade up and relinquish another asset when everyone pretty much seems to agree that this draft is weak especially near the top of the draft.

If teams are weary of losing cap space then drafting in the top 3 could be bad considering those guys get more guaranteed money and are probably not going to be game changers in the league.

I would do it to if it was an option but I don't think it will be.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                I don't think the Raptors would be able to convince a team to trade up and relinquish another asset when everyone pretty much seems to agree that this draft is weak especially near the top of the draft.

If teams are weary of losing cap space then drafting in the top 3 could be bad considering those guys get more guaranteed money and are probably not going to be game changers in the league.

Good points.

One of the things I thought about was the expense of a top 3 pick - that would be an issue for other teams as well.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                  you know what would be great? If we could unload ALL our shit contracts (bargnani,fields,kleiza,..)on a small market team with capspace this summer (like the utah jazz) with the pick. That way, the small market team get's talent they wouldn't be able to attract in free agency, and we get out of an ugly financial situation.

We do not need a rookie at this point, and already have players to build around.
                  In what universe are Bargs, Fields and Kleiza considered talent for a small market team? No team is taking our awful players with awful contracts. Quantity doesn't hide the quality. Never gonna happen.
                  There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Im not so sure about that. Someone like us (who otherwise would pick at, say 10-15th, could very well trade up for a top 3 pick if it cost them, say, a future first rounder that they dont think will be very valuable next year (not because the draft isnt strong, but because they think their pick will be low).

In fact, if BC could somehow trade with himself, this is exactly the type of deal he would love to take the other side of .. so I dont think its crazy that others might too

Comment

Interesting perspective:

Sam Amico: Another NBA scout said, "Most GMs wish they could sit out this draft. Problem is, nobody else is gonna want their picks." Twitter

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Comment

I am steering clear of Zeller like the plauge... Dunno why i just think hes most over rated player in the draft and is gunna be a huge bust in nba. There are a very small handful of players i like which i have named more or less, march madness will give us all a look at a lot of these players and be able to critique them more.

i keep hearing about otto out of Georgetown someone wanna describe him to me? I've looked on mock draft sites for their perspective but they are so wrong a lot of the time.. for example last year they said Bradley Beal was most similar to Ray Allen....... LOL

Comment

Interesting perspective:
                          I find this funny to all the people who made fun of the Lowry deal. Giving up what will most likely be around 10-12 pick in a terrible draft for a starting (part struggling but still.) PG... i'd still take that deal any day.

Comment

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                            I find this funny to all the people who made fun of the Lowry deal. Giving up what will most likely be around 10-12 pick in a terrible draft for a starting (part struggling but still.) PG... i'd still take that deal any day.
                            Myck Kabongo would likely be still on the board around 10-12. Not hyping the guy because he's Canadian but he's a very exciting young PG to watch with tremendous upside.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Myck Kabongo would likely be still on the board around 10-12. Not hyping the guy because he's Canadian but he's a very exciting young PG to watch with tremendous upside.
                              From what I've been reading unless Kabongo does something exceptional at the pre-draft camps/combine he'll be on the board for a lot longer than #12.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                                From what I've been reading unless Kabongo does something exceptional at the pre-draft camps/combine he'll be on the board for a lot longer than #12.
                                #10-12 of the second round might do it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X