Rudy Gay starting at the 4 realistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    I'd be more agreeable with the small lineup if the Raps actually used it to their advantage. This team starts Lowry, Derozan, Gay and Johnson, all of whom excel in the open court, yet, the Raps' Pace is 24th in the NBA. Despite the fact that the offense is fairly efficient (14th overall in ORTG), I can't help but wonder what would happen if this team got out and ran or at least made quicker decisions in the half court.

If they did go small, I'd rather see JV on the floor with that lineup than Amir. I think that next year we are going to see a very different, much improved Valanciunas who can probably pretty much hold down the fort inside by himself for stretches.
    At the moment JV isnt as good a defender nor as athletic as Amir to benefit and he is a foul magnet he isnt ready. I agree with the other points though, Raps have what it takes to blow teams out of the building but the defense to offense part is flawed a lot of them look lost running the floor sometimes...

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      the last couple of games where we went small with our best offensive asessts on the floor in Lowry, Ross, DeMar, Gay, Johnson
      were some of our best basketball all season. The line up should definitely be played at some point every game.
      Mostly because it's arguably our most talented lineup on the team, and not to mention we've used it because the opposing teams go small.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

If there playing small ball with the other team sure. Otherwise hell no. I am not sure why people like moving players from there natural positions to other positions. Play to a players strengths.
        @RavNation

Comment

YYZ wrote: View Post
          If there playing small ball with the other team sure. Otherwise hell no. I am not sure why people like moving players from there natural positions to other positions. Play to a players strengths.
          Positions are just labels. Look at the NCAA for countless examples of teams using 2 or 3 guards or 2 centers. A player's strength can be augmented by getting him a favourable match-up, which sometimes means moving players away from the traditional roles. Same as a point forward like Lamar Odom, or a big point like Magic Johnson, sometimes size/length is the only advantage you need.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
          X