Greatest Active Rock Singer Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    They put out an album a couple of years ago. I haven't actually listened to that one yet (King of Limbs)...the last stuff of theirs I listened to was In Rainbows.

Also, just randomly looked him up, apparently currently released an album with a "supergroup" consisting of Yorke, Flea from RHCP, Nigel Godrich (also from Radiohead as a producer), Joey Waronker the drummer from Beck and R.E.M, and some Brazilian musician named Mauro Refosco who I don't know at all on percussions (probably amazing). They're calling themselves Atoms for Peace. So Yorke is a guy who'll always be in music I think, because it's just what he loves to do.

As for Bellamy, I've had the chance to see him live and he's a great performer all around.

*Unfortunately, neither really has the voice to call them the "best" singer, but they're both pretty good singers, being about as good as they can be with their voices.
    Yes, they are very talented. But, not the greatest.

I might have to check out this supergroup, supergroups are usually awesome for like one song. Haha
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Wayne Coyne is the best front man I have ever seen live. I would run over my wife to get to a Flaming Lips show. Only band that I would pay money to see live.

Trent Reznor would make my list as well. Dave Grohl is pretty charismatic even if he can't sing.

I have seen Muse twice. Bellamy is okay but he doesn't have the stage presence of a great front man. I always compare him to Freddy Mercury (Muse is basically Queen updated) and he doesn't compare favourably.

Comment

Jack Black is the greatest! He'd tell you so.

Comment

Working...
        X