Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going into the offseason things raptors need to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Decline Colangelos option for next year
    2. Throw $ and the team Prez title at Ujiri (his contract up this year I think), Steve Kerr, Warkentien, or someone else with a start from scratch mandate.
    3. Keep Casey (win or lose) (preferably lose)
    4. Trade Gay, Lowry, and Amir to the Lakers for Gasol and World Peace
    5. Trade Bargs and Derozan to NYK for Amare (Hopefully get a 1st rounder in the deal)
    6. Buyout all of the above players before they even think about getting on a plane to Toronto. (Maybe save a little $ in the process, won't save any cap room though.)
    7. Amnesty Kleiza
    8. Fill out the roster with the D-Leagues biggest chuckers and defensive sieves.
    9. Let the losing begin.
    10. Pray for the lottery balls to fall our way.

I like this because we get rid of all of Colangelo's crappy contracts (if we can find a taker for Fields I would be all for that too). Let a proper rebuild begin with hopefully more competent management, heading into a draft year which is supposed to be good. I admire the optimism of those around here who voted tweak in the recent poll, but this is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. I am pessimistic and say this every year, but I am guessing a year from now, this team will not have improved significantly and the organization will just have given Colangelo more time to screw things up.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Aaron Craft just hit a game winning three for the Buckeyes.

I'm surprised that Craft is 79th on Ford's big board because Aaron Craft is a very good player. A great defender. Smart with the ball, a great leader. He's a 1st round talent in my opinion. And i'm definitely with the OP here, i would love to see him in a Raps uni as well. I think he could challenge Lowry for the starting job.

As for what the Raps need to do in the offseason:

1. Fire Casey
      2. Trade AB and make sure you get SOMETHING in return. If not, keep him.
      3. Raptors need a pure shooter and i don't think they could afford Kyle Korver so i would sign the next best thing, Luke Babbitt.
      4. Veterans bigs. Elton Brand is my first choice here. If NY don't re-sign Martin i would love to see Kmart here as well.
      5. Amnesty Kleiza.
      Kleiza is going to get amnestied and won't play this season anymore. Saw it in the news.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        Kleiza is going to get amnestied and won't play this season anymore. Saw it in the news.
        Source?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Source?
          http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...ns-are-in.html
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

lol
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
                1. Decline Colangelos option for next year
                2. Throw $ and the team Prez title at Ujiri (his contract up this year I think), Steve Kerr, Warkentien, or someone else with a start from scratch mandate.
                3. Keep Casey (win or lose) (preferably lose)
                4. Trade Gay, Lowry, and Amir to the Lakers for Gasol and World Peace
                5. Trade Bargs and Derozan to NYK for Amare (Hopefully get a 1st rounder in the deal)
                6. Buyout all of the above players before they even think about getting on a plane to Toronto. (Maybe save a little $ in the process, won't save any cap room though.)
                7. Amnesty Kleiza
                8. Fill out the roster with the D-Leagues biggest chuckers and defensive sieves.
                9. Let the losing begin.
                10. Pray for the lottery balls to fall our way.

I like this because we get rid of all of Colangelo's crappy contracts (if we can find a taker for Fields I would be all for that too). Let a proper rebuild begin with hopefully more competent management, heading into a draft year which is supposed to be good. I admire the optimism of those around here who voted tweak in the recent poll, but this is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. I am pessimistic and say this every year, but I am guessing a year from now, this team will not have improved significantly and the organization will just have given Colangelo more time to screw things up.
                This is full of some of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  This is full of some of the worst ideas I've ever heard.
                  pretty sure he was trolling. lol

Comment

Not exactly.

The worst idea I can imagine is picking up Colangelo's option for another year, finishing 10th in the conference, drafting late in the lottery, resigning Lowry and Gay for something like 30 million per year combined, and being stuck with this roster as Colangelo has built it.

I would like someone new to take a wrecking ball to this team, start from scratch, and take a shot at getting an elite talent in the draft to build around. If its true they could have traded Derozan, JV, and a pick for Harden, they should have done it. Who knows how serious the negotiations were at the time.

It isnt trolling to speak up with an unpopular opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X