Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is everyone ready for the worst offseason ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- BC will be fired along with Coach Casey
    - T-Ross and Bargnani will be traded for a PF and backup PG (hopeful)
    - Lowry might be traded in the summer or beginning of next season
    - DeRozan might ask to be traded in the summer but likely he won't
    - Gay will be here and sign an extension in the summer
    - Val will be an allstar in his 3rd year and will play in the sophomore vs rookies game next year.
    - AA, Fields, Kleiza will remain on the roster until the deadline next year, yes AA will be offered another year service for the Raps
    - Telfair is gone along with Lucas III
    - We will buy a pick or trade and grab Marcus Smart to be our future PG

Comment

I am convinced Bryan Colangelo is gone this offseason. Did you see how fast Brian Burke went when new ownership stepped in? He didn't receive half the criticisms that Colangelo has gotten.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        I am convinced Bryan Colangelo is gone this offseason. Did you see how fast Brian Burke went when new ownership stepped in? He didn't receive half the criticisms that Colangelo has gotten.
        And yet he's been here longer...

Comment

In my opinion, the board was looking for a suit (ie, an executive) to run the show. Burke is a blue collar guy and when the board had a chance to make a move, they made it (even though it seemed to come at the most awkward of times). BC on the other hand is the perfect GM for the new owners. He knows how to talk to executives, and he doesn't embarrass them. Plus I believe Tanenbaum and BC are very close friends.

However the pressure of losing should get to the owners as playoffs mean extra cash. And money is more important than how good someone looks (well at least I hope it does). But saying that I would bet money that Colangelo is back for another year, unfortunately.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            In my opinion, the board was looking for a suit (ie, an executive) to run the show. Burke is a blue collar guy and when the board had a chance to make a move, they made it (even though it seemed to come at the most awkward of times). BC on the other hand is the perfect GM for the new owners. He knows how to talk to executives, and he doesn't embarrass them. Plus I believe Tanenbaum and BC are very close friends.

However the pressure of losing should get to the owners as playoffs mean extra cash. And money is more important than how good someone looks (well at least I hope it does). But saying that I would bet money that Colangelo is back for another year, unfortunately.
            Yeah, BC is a very different beast. He is a businessman, not just a bball guy. This is what bugs me about the situation. I do think in general ownership like him. While I, and many others, want him gone, I have a hard time seeing it happen, because even if they fire him in one of the next two summers as GM, would they also fire him as president?

I wouldn't be surprised by a new situation where a new GM is brought in and Colangelo maintains his title as president of the Raptors, not doing the grunt work of a GM, but still getting final say on proposals...which I suppose could be better than the current situation if the new GM is really good. I don't have high hopes for such an arrangement working, but it could, and more importantly(and frustrating) it could also buy Colangelo several more years in the organization....sigh....

Comment

Yeah but bc is a smooth talker and so far new brass has fallen for his style over substance..

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Yeah, BC is a very different beast. He is a businessman, not just a bball guy. This is what bugs me about the situation. I do think in general ownership like him. While I, and many others, want him gone, I have a hard time seeing it happen, because even if they fire him in one of the next two summers as GM, would they also fire him as president?

I wouldn't be surprised by a new situation where a new GM is brought in and Colangelo maintains his title as president of the Raptors, not doing the grunt work of a GM, but still getting final say on proposals...which I suppose could be better than the current situation if the new GM is really good. I don't have high hopes for such an arrangement working, but it could, and more importantly(and frustrating) it could also buy Colangelo several more years in the organization....sigh....
                When I first considered this idea, I was into it, but then it occurred to me that Stefanski would probably then be given the job as GM. Given the hatchet job that he did in Philly, I think this would be just as bad as having BC as GM. So to be safe, I'd rather just see a total house cleaning of management (except for Wayne Embry, he's cool).

The other thing is, I'm not sure that BC would be willing to swallow his pride and stay on as prez when it would be clear to everyone that ownership didn't have faith in him as a GM. I feel like he'd be more inclined to cut all ties and go looking for a different team to run into the ground. Let's just hope this is the case.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  When I first considered this idea, I was into it, but then it occurred to me that Stefanski would probably then be given the job as GM. Given the hatchet job that he did in Philly, I think this would be just as bad as having BC as GM. So to be safe, I'd rather just see a total house cleaning of management (except for Wayne Embry, he's cool).

The other thing is, I'm not sure that BC would be willing to swallow his pride and stay on as prez when it would be clear to everyone that ownership didn't have faith in him as a GM. I feel like he'd be more inclined to cut all ties and go looking for a different team to run into the ground. Let's just hope this is the case.
                  Yeah, I don't think it's a great idea either, but I do think it's a real possibility that ownership will consider.

Comment

BC will get till next season to make the playoffs same with Casey if they dont, I think its safe to say MLSE will being looking elsewhere for someone leading this franchise.

Comment

the best part of this off season will be jv destroying the summer league.
                      i hope he plays in it anyways

Comment

d749 wrote: View Post
                        He won't, he will play for NT this summer in Eurobasket
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

d749 wrote: View Post
                          I don't know what's good about that even if he does play. He's very obviously ready to take another step forward which really shouldn't necessitate reps against subpar competition in the summer. Summer league, even for just a few days or a week, also takes away time to work on things he needs to improve.

I would rather see him focus on improving his skills and body for the first few months, until he joins his national team. He'll get better reps against better competition in Eurobasket, especially since summer league isn't really oriented toward helping bigs get experience...it's like D-league level basketball, so guys just go trigger happy.

IMO, they should keep Jonas away from summer league, and instead use it to forcefeed Ross playing time and touches. Ross should be chucking 20 shots/game in summer league and playing as many minutes as he can handle. Jonas will get better work in on his own, or with big man coaches/camps, again, until he joins team Lietuva, where he should play a big role against strong competition.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            - patio season
                            - sun dress wedgie season
                            - watching asian chicks play volleyball at the beach season
                            - hanging out at eaton centre and watching chicks come in from the heat and get hit by the A/C thus causing hard nipples season
                            - outdoor concert season
                            - short shorts season

i cant wait for the offseason
                            Long time lurker here... been visiting this website for years now... and I just signed up to say that this man is my personal hero.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              - patio season
                              - sun dress wedgie season
                              - watching asian chicks play volleyball at the beach season
                              - hanging out at eaton centre and watching chicks come in from the heat and get hit by the A/C thus causing hard nipples season
                              - outdoor concert season
                              - short shorts season

i cant wait for the offseason
                              That is a great idea haha

Comment

enough about drummond, good thing we didnt draft him after this
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKeO27BtAPQ

Comment

Working...
                                X