Top 10 greatest Raptors of all time??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    top 10 desperate attempts at filling the C position...

1. Zan Tabak
    2. Oliver Miller
    3. Eric Montross
    4. Sean Marks
    5. Carlos Rogers
    6. Rafael Araujo
    7. Patrick O'Bryant
    8. Garth Joseph
    9. Robert Archibald
    10. Nate Huffman

....there aren't enough spaces, this list could be longer

*Sorry, not the list that was asked for, but I couldn't resist.
    You forgot Hakeem.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Yeah, this list should really only be 3 names long....
      i have no idea who the other two would be... Zan Tabak, and........... ?

Comment

Honourable Mention - TJ Ford. How can i forget about him??

Anyhow, Top 7 is pretty easy. 8-10 is pretty tough. Maybe i should just change the title to "Top 7 Greatest Raptors of All Time?" lol
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Vince Carter is at the very top for me, lots of NBA players/people really got into the NBA/Basketball/Raptors because of him.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Vince Carter is at the very top for me, lots of NBA players/people really got into the NBA/Basketball/Raptors because of him.
            in all seriousness... there really is no doubt, despite all the hurt butts he left in Toronto (mine included). VC at his peak is so far ahead of anybody else who could potentially be on the list.. the reality is a top 10 greatest raptors of all time list should go:

1. VC
            2. TBD
            3. TBD
            4. TBD
            5. TBD
            6. TBD
            7. TBD
            8. TBD
            9. TBD
            10. Jorge Garbajosa

the lack of GREATNESS in our franchise is overwhelming

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              in all seriousness... there really is no doubt, despite all the hurt butts he left in Toronto (mine included). VC at his peak is so far ahead of anybody else who could potentially be on the list.. the reality is a top 10 greatest raptors of all time list should go:

1. VC
              2. TBD
              3. TBD
              4. TBD
              5. TBD
              6. TBD
              7. TBD
              8. TBD
              9. TBD
              10. Jorge Garbajosa

the lack of GREATNESS in our franchise is overwhelming
              I would definitely include Bosh, Parker, and Calderon in that list. I wasn't following the team until BC arrived to be honest with you.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                i have no idea who the other two would be... Zan Tabak, and........... ?
                Alexander Radovic (spelling)
                i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  I would definitely include Bosh, Parker, and Calderon in that list. I wasn't following the team until BC arrived to be honest with you.
                  i stress the word GREAT.

Jose is good. REALLY REALLY good. but the best that "good" can be, still isn't GREAT.

I left the eight "To Be Determined" spots between VC and Garbs because Garbs was the best player on that Atlantic division championship team BY FAR... but it was a championship in horribly weak division... without him, the lesser talented players on the team weren't even able to pretend to be competitive

the optimist in me says we'll eventually have a championship in a competitive division some day, and those spots are reserved for them.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                    1. Jerome Williams
                    2. Charles Oakley
                    3. Jose Calderon
                    4. Jorge Garbajosa
                    5. Mugsy Bogues
                    6. Alvin Williams
                    7. Reggie Evans
                    8. Popeye Jones
                    9. Keon Clark
                    10. Oliver Miller and Matt Bonner (tie)
                    I limited my list only to players that actually wanted to be in Toronto.

Comment

Here are the greats you excluded:

Oakley should be in there, I say 3 seasons is clearly enough to establish yourself. After all, when we whine about a lack of tough defense we often site the 'Oakley' years.

Keon Clark should always get a honourable mention, just because.

Anthony Parker, because no one knew who he was, and then we did, and we're all better people for having him spent time here.

Chris Childs - A.K.A. - Little Mugger - He makes my 'not so' honourable mention. If he isn't out there stabbing someone, well, I guess that's a good thing for whomever.

GarJo, not Garbo, Garjo - 2 games people, that was it. Wow.

Doug Christie might be a little higher in my list. If someone says Tracey Murray, I get punchy.

Voshon Leonard and Milt Palacio are being ignored on this thread....that's a bummer haha.
                      i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        1. Vince Carter
                        2. Chris Bosh
                        3. Damon Stoudamire
                        4. Jose Calderon
                        5. Antonio Davis
                        6. Morris Peterson
                        7. Doug Christie
                        8. Andrea Bargnani
                        9. Alvin Williams
                        10. DeMar DeRozan

Thoughts?

Note: I didn't include McGrady, Oakley and Camby because they weren't around very long.

Also, I think Rudy Gay and Jonas Valanciunas will on the top 5 list one day.
                        Thats the worst top 10 list i've ever seen. No JYD!?

Comment

Donyell Marshall? didn't he set the 3pt record with the raps

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Thats the worst top 10 list i've ever seen. No JYD!?

JYD's a role player. And no he's not better than any of the 10 guys that i listed.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

When I think "great Raptors" I think not only skilled players on the court, but impactful from a franchise perspective too.

I really think finding 10 legit options is a stretch for such a young franchise. Here are the guys I would include on any "great Raptors" list:

1. Damon Stoudamire - Mighty Mouse introduced the basketball world to the Raptors and Toronto
                              2. Vince Carter - Vinsanity brought Raptors basketball to a whole new level
                              3. Chris Bosh - CB4 ended the Raptors' post-VC dark ages
                              4. Morris Peterson - Mr. Raptor had the heart, hustle and skill, should have been the first 'lifer'

I think there's a significant drop to whoever would qualify for #5 on that list. Alvin Williams, Jose Calderon, Doug Christie and JYD are the guys who jump out as being in the next tier, but I don't think any of them deserve to be mentioned with those 4.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                JYD's a role player. And no he's not better than any of the 10 guys that i listed.
                                When i think greatest i think guys who played their hearts out and gave it 200% everynight. You have freaking andrea bargnani in your top 10. What has he accomplished? absolutely nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X