No announcement yet.

Alan Anderson vs the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's the percentages that most (including me) have more of an issue with.
    Now, AA has increased a little bit lately, shooting 44% in march, helped a lot by the Knicks game. But even with that hot streak, he's shooting just over 38% for the year vs DD at 43 LF at 46 and RG at 41 (45 career) or even TR at over 40.
    Not that any of these are amazing by any stretch ... But it took a big hot streak for AA to get close and he's still the worst.
    efG% are AA - .469, RG .429 (.48 career), DD .458, TR .477 .. AA looks better, TR the best.
    TS% AA .521, RG .524, DD .524, TR .488 ... all very simlar except TR looks worse due to bad FT shooting.
    This is depressing. I guess the moral of the story is AA is inefficient .. but not really that much more inefficient than our other 2/3s.
    The interesting thing is that AA is actually a decent 3 point shooter (and takes a fair number of 3s as a % of his total shots, which is smart). If he would just stop chucking all the twos, he could be a very good option as a spot up shooter / defender (ala Bruce Bowen .. altough obviously not really as good a shooter).
    On the flip side, RG and DD are historically TERRIBLE 3 pt shooters .. if they would focus on driving and getting to the hoop, their games would be better.
    TR has a little bit of both (which is why I like him so much). Should be a good pt shooter (hasnt shown it this year due to forcing a lot of bad 3s since he was gettin no mins), but can also get to the hoop.
    Last edited by mountio; Fri Mar 29, 2013, 12:42 PM. Reason: Added more stats. Answer more depressing

Comment

T Ross has a VC-like first step

Comment

Not sure how DC can justify 22mins in a blowout to AA and just15 for Ross. AA starting 4th quarter is a Ed stretcher too.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          I made this comment few days ago in Knicks game thread. It pretty much fits what I think regarding this thread so I'll just repost it here.
          I like your reference to the Spurs. They've got guys like Matt Bonner, Nando de Colo, Diaw, Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Tiago Splitter, and now Corey Joseph all contributing, in their own way, to a winning season.

Are these guys better than the Raps bench or options? Well...yeah...I guess.

But still, it shows you that good coaching can make all the difference. I think this Raps team would be 8th seed with an upgrade in coaching. Hopefully, Casey can put it together. Not sure the acumen is there.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
            I like your reference to the Spurs. They've got guys like Matt Bonner, Nando de Colo, Diaw, Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Tiago Splitter, and now Corey Joseph all contributing, in their own way, to a winning season.

Are these guys better than the Raps bench or options? Well...yeah...I guess.

But still, it shows you that good coaching can make all the difference. I think this Raps team would be 8th seed with an upgrade in coaching. Hopefully, Casey can put it together. Not sure the acumen is there.
            It shows you what a good system devised and taught by a good coach can do. I made this point in another thread.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post200851

How is it that the Spurs can routinely deal with the injuries and scheduled rest of their top players yet remain competitive even with the best? The system and coach.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              It shows you what a good system devised and taught by a good coach can do. I made this point in another thread.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post200851

How is it that the Spurs can routinely deal with the injuries and scheduled rest of their top players yet remain competitive even with the best? The system and coach.
              Good points.

Comment

Working...
              X