Toronto gets:
    1. Jordan Farmar
    2. Adam Morrison
    3. Josh Powell

L.A. gets:
    1. Jose Calderon
    2. POB

Why it works for Toronto:
    Yes, yes, Jose's been great off the bench and has developed great chemistry with the 2nd unit but when the playoffs come, teams will not need to worry about back-to-backs and will play with a tight 8 man rotation. Well, what does this have to do with Jose? Well, when the playoffs come, teams tend to tighten up their defense and this usually means a non-aggressive Jose Calderon. As past years show, come playoff time, Jose is ineffective and for this reason, Toronto needs to trade him. With this trade, Toronto will get 8 mil off the books and have some money to tinker with come July 1st.

Why it works for L.A.:
    The Lakers have been looking to shore up their point guard position all year. While Jose might not be the best defender in the NBA, he certainly will improve the Lakers point guard position.

joestudent78 wrote: View Post
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzfulqa

Toronto gets:
    1. Jordan Farmar
    2. Adam Morrison
    3. Josh Powell

L.A. gets:
    1. Jose Calderon
    2. POB

Why it works for Toronto:
    Yes, yes, Jose's been great off the bench and has developed great chemistry with the 2nd unit but when the playoffs come, teams will not need to worry about back-to-backs and will play with a tight 8 man rotation. Well, what does this have to do with Jose? Well, when the playoffs come, teams tend to tighten up their defense and this usually means a non-aggressive Jose Calderon. As past years show, come playoff time, Jose is ineffective and for this reason, Toronto needs to trade him. With this trade, Toronto will get 8 mil off the books and have some money to tinker with come July 1st.

Why it works for L.A.:
    The Lakers have been looking to shore up their point guard position all year. While Jose might not be the best defender in the NBA, he certainly will improve the Lakers point guard position.
    I have one question to you; Why would he be a liability in the playoffs for the Raptors and not one for the Lakers. Correct if I'm wrong the Lakers will qulify to the playoffs? and I dont assume they will pay his heffty salary without giving him minutes?

Comment

This assumes Calderon is still coming off the bench and there are no injuries to Jack...

Comment

Why would anyone believe the Raps want to dump Calderon AVERAGE point guard salary for the Lakers garbage?

If the Raps can't dramatically improve their roster, there is no way they give what Calderon brings to the team!
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

joestudent78 wrote: View Post
          http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzfulqa
          Well, what does this have to do with Jose? Well, when the playoffs come, teams tend to tighten up their defense and this usually means a non-aggressive Jose Calderon. As past years show, come playoff time, Jose is ineffective and for this reason, Toronto needs to trade him.
          Jose has played in two playoff series. In the first one, against New Jersey, he increased both his scoring and assist numbers from the regular season. In the second series, against Orlando, his 3 point shooting increased (to nearly 50%), while his scoring and assist numbers decreased slightly. If you want to get into PER, in both playoffs, his PER increased from the regular season.

Now, going on watching him play, I remember him playing so well against New Jersey that he ended up playing the end up games, not Ford, which pissed Ford off. Against Orlando, he had one bad game, two really good games and a couple of average ones. I remember how well he shot from three.

So exactly what history are you going on, here?

By the way, if I show that you are wrong here, does that mean you will be every single time?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

This trade has been floating around the dumber circles of fans since Jose was injured and I'll say it for the last time...NO WAY this gets done. Jose for bench depth is not an upgrade for the raps who have too much bench depth as it is. This trade makes the lakers way better which is one of the many reasons not to do it.

Here is a trade that makes more sense...
            They should trade Jose for a used pair of Kobe's game shorts so they could isolate his nutsack sweat and use it to clone a whole team of Kobe's.
            limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

why his nutsack sweat? you could have just said jock strap.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

This trade totally under-values Jose....
                "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                  Why would anyone believe the Raps want to dump Calderon AVERAGE point guard salary for the Lakers garbage?

If the Raps can't dramatically improve their roster, there is no way they give what Calderon brings to the team!
                  Wth are you talking about?
                  Calderon's salary is signifcantly higher than the league average (which was around $5.3 million I believe).

Comment

Jose, Turk for Jamison & James(6.5Mill Expirer)

Jose, Turk for Jamison & James(6.5Mill Expirer)

Washington gets two playmakers who are trouble free & even in a rebuilding stage can solidify the roster even with young players and they can also come off the bench when the younger players get better...(PROBABLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUT ONE CAN HOPE)

Toronto gets a SF/PF that can score without the ball & rebound with the leagues best & a backup PG in Mike James!!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ylyfx4r
                    Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

It doesn't work, the lakers aren't retarded, they want defense at PG. steve nash, chris paul, deron williams, tony parker, chauncey billups, this is what they face in the western conference, fisher is old and gets burned. farmar is farmar. i dont think they need calderon to add any offence to that line-up.

Comment

what the difference between fisher and calderon? calderon can distribute the ball and better offensive player which therefore improve the lakers offensively unlike fisher. Defensive wise...it will be the same and the triangle defense will help calderon hide his defensive liability.

Comment

Working...
                        X