Canadian mens basketball team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    I think Canada has a chance to medal in 2016. Assuming all the top players play.

2020 is the year where we'll battle the US for gold.
    I have doubts about 2016.. Maybe 2020.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      I have doubts about 2016.. Maybe 2020.
      Like i said. If the top players play(Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson, Joseph, and Nicholson). They have a chance.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just got back from the Canada vs Jamaica game and wow, Canada is gonna be solid next Olympics. They had no Wiggins, Olynyk, or Bennett and still won. Andrew Nicholson has really extended his range to just inside the 3 point line, Cory Joseph didn't score much but left everyone in Jamaica with broken ankles. Thompson was decent but got bullied by Samardo Samuels which is sad to say. Jay Triano's nephew Brady Heslip isn't bad either. He got player of the game and got everyone standing after hitting a bunch of 3's. Canada may not be able to beat the US but they're looking good going forward. I'd say Samardo Samuels was good and deserves another look in the NBA but he tried to fight Nicholson and was chirping his former teammate Thompson all night so fuck him.

Comment

Also I found it fucking hilarious than Jamaica's sponsor is KFC and every jersey has the KFC logo on it.

Comment

I watched the game and it was ugly. There were some bright spots, and many key players were missing from that game and will suit up Saturday in teh re-match. Look for Jermaine Andersona and Carl English to have a big impact in Saturday's game.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I didn't watch the game. The result was underwhelming but I have faith in Triano and his ability to coach in international competition. If the roster can pull it together on defense and the boards they should be in every game in Venezuela.

As a footnote, Tristan Thompson and Somardo Samuels were team mates in high school at Finlay Prep and again in the McDonald's All American game, and again with the Cavs the year before last. He plays in Italy now.

Comment

Anyways, i'm pretty sure Tristan Thompson is left handed. Why is he shooting with his right hand yesterday? the announcers didn't say anything about injuries.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Anyways, i'm pretty sure Tristan Thompson is left handed. Why is he shooting with his right hand yesterday? the announcers didn't say anything about injuries.
                  I saw an interview with Kyrie, he said TT was really working on his right handed shot. Don't really know what the logic behind it is though...
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    I saw an interview with Kyrie, he said TT was really working on his right handed shot. Don't really know what the logic behind it is though...
                    It's a friendly game, means nothing in standings, and the only way to actually test a new tactic is to use it in a game situation.

Comment

• Another close game with Jamaica. I did not see the game but I am wondering if I should be concerned about the national team squeaking out a win against a tiny island nation that likes cricket and soccer way more than hoops.

Jamaica is the first opponent in Venezuela.

Comment

• This team doesn't have hige exoectations. So no
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• It was a home game, too. FIBA ranks the top 82 teams. Malaysia is tied for no. 69 and Bahrain checks in at 75. Jamaica doesn't make the list.

Comment

• Jamaica, while not ranked very high at this point, is a team on the rise. Their roster has quit a few players with NBA experience, and benefits from players being born in Canada and the US to Jamaican parents. Pat Ewing Junior, Samardo Samuels, Jerome Jordan are a few of the names that will be with the team this year....and you may have heard of the guy who helped them qualify for the FIBA Americas championship, Roy Hibbert. Hibbert wont be with the team this year, but it does show they have some talent to draw on.

That being said, Canada used these two games to try out different combinations of players and to settle on a final roster. We never saw what would be a top 8-9 man rotation, our top shooting guard, Carl English, did not play, and our veteran PG played very limited minutes in the second game only. The is a tune up tournament right before the Americas championship, and those games will be a better gauge of where this team will be.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Hibbert wants to play for team USA in 2016 but FIBA rules make it unlikely.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...cant-have-him/

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                Hibbert wants to play for team USA in 2016 but FIBA rules make it unlikely.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...cant-have-him/
                                "unlikely" is a stretch, can't see it happening at all.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X