The DOUBLE DRAGONS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laughing hard!
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Nintendo had a surprisingly large budget for producing TV shows and the like... I'm starting to think they bought their way into my nostalgia ... which I suppose I'm fine with.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yeah, the play is solid. The position thing is a good point, but it's easily fixed by overlapping feet instead of arms. If their feet cross each other and they're connected at the hip, they don't have to lock arms. If the defender pushes through them hard, it's going to be a very blatant foul knocking them off their position, because their is literally no legal space for him to go between them. Really, as long as they're hip-to-hip it should be fine.

So many bad video game movies, especially tacky 80s/90s ones. Have you seen the Wizard? With Fred Savage? And it's basically a movie-length commercial for Nintendo in North America?

Screw that, I loved The Wizard as a kid. Video game genius kid on the run, the power glove scene, the Super Mario 3 Tournament! It was super cheesy, but it was awesome as a kids movie, which tend to all be a bit cheesy.

Comment

Here's a play I've been thinking of. Lowry plants himself in the lane and teammates use him to vault up for dunks or rebounds. Basically use sturdy Lowry and plant a hand on his shoulder to propel yourself up into the air.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Nintendo had a surprisingly large budget for producing TV shows and the like... I'm starting to think they bought their way into my nostalgia ... which I suppose I'm fine with.
            not all that surprising.. you have to remember, in the 90s they pretty much cornered the market in video gaming.. the term "Nintendo" almost was at the point of being used as a synonymous term for video games the same way "band aid" is used for adhesive bandages

The Sega Master System did alright for itself, but they were a distant second place... and really, were more well known for their actual arcade games at the time

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              not all that surprising.. you have to remember, in the 90s they pretty much cornered the market in video gaming.. the term "Nintendo" almost was at the point of being used as a synonymous term for video games the same way "band aid" is used for adhesive bandages

The Sega Master System did alright for itself, but they were a distant second place... and really, were more well known for their actual arcade games at the time
              And now Nintendo is dead. Their new consoles are complete trash

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Screw that, I loved The Wizard as a kid. Video game genius kid on the run, the power glove scene, the Super Mario 3 Tournament! It was super cheesy, but it was awesome as a kids movie, which tend to all be a bit cheesy.
                Yeah, but have you rewatched since being a kid?? I mean, you can still like it for all the same reasons, but the shameless promotion is crazy. They showcase a bunch of different games, the old Nintendo Power Glove, Nindendo Power magazine, talk about secrets in different games....it's hilariously bad in a way.

And it just wouldn't be a movie from that era without Christian Slater...

Comment

this discussion seems to have taken a different course
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    And now Nintendo is dead. Their new consoles are complete trash
                    not really, on your first point. totally agree on your second though.

Nintendo always does well enough to stay afloat. They're always attributed as the "console for kids" or whatever... but the reality is, they're the cheaper alternative.

They've followed this model for awhile now. They released the Wii long before the PS3 and Xbox 360 came out.. and when they did come out, Nintendo seriously cut their prices... so cheaper system with bigger game library vs new system with limited library

They did the same thing with the NDS when the Vita came out

They'll do the same with Wii U

I'm not a big fan of their stuff... but what they do works in the sense that they aren't struggling... in Asia, their main market, they'll remain firmly at #2

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      Sure, but now the whole league knows it. I can just imagine what great coaches like Popovich and Spoelstra will do once they get a hold of it. Credit to Casey, no question - truly innovative. Pretty sure the league wil have to ban it in the offseason - no way David Stern wants his pretty little NBA looking like Aussie Rules. Maybe we could see it in this year's playoffs - that would be awesome & controversial.
                      The Spurs have actually been running plays with that double screen thing for years. They just don't have their players hug each other while they do it.

What's amazing is that it works to perfection...and then Demar doesn't take the shot...I mean, why even run it? This team just finds more and more ways to anger me...
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        The Spurs have actually been running plays with that double screen thing for years. They just don't have their players hug each other while they do it.

What's amazing is that it works to perfection...and then Demar doesn't take the shot...I mean, why even run it? This team just finds more and more ways to anger me...
                        Good point. lol. The Raps are getting quite the reputation. First Barbosa and Reggie Evans holding hands and now JV and Amir making like Riverdance.

Comment

Working...
                        X