Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic plan: keep the same starting 5

So, here's my plan.

First, keep the same starting 5. Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Amir Johnson and Jonas Valanciunas.

Aaron Gray picks up his player option. Linas doesn't, because he's a gentleman (...).

Raps pick up team option on Kyle Lowry.

Alan Anderson is back on a veteran minimum contract.

John Lucas is back since he's under contract.

Quincy Acy is traded for a future second round pick.

Valanciunas/?????/Gray
    Johnson/Bargnani/?????
    Gay/Fields/?????
    DeRozan/Ross/Anderson
    Lowry/?????/Lucas

Now we HAVE TO get rid of Bargnani. Amnesty.

We need a backups at the 5, 4, and 1 spot.

Timofey Mozgov, Carl Landry and Eric Maynor. I think our main target this summer should be Carl Landry.

Valanciunas/Mozgov/Gray
    Johnson/Landry
    Gay/Fields
    DeRozan/Ross/Anderson
    Lowry/Maynor/Lucas

Bring in Tomislav Zubcic as a prospect, just like Acy this year.

Sign our 2013 second round draft pick to complete the roster. It could be a G/F to a F/C.

Valanciunas/Mozgov/Gray
    Johnson/Landry/Rookie
    Gay/Fields/Zubcic
    DeRozan/Ross/Anderson
    Lowry/Maynor/Lucas

This is not a championship caliber team. But this is a better team than this year's team. Improving each and every year should be the main goal.

What do you guys think?

2013 2nd round pick was traded to Memphis is the Gay trade.

I don't see the point of re-signing Anderson to be a 5th wing, considering the playing time that should go to all 4 of the other wings on the roster (they're all younger, better and full of much more potential), nor do I expect him to sign for that little.

I expect Kleiza to pickup his option and then get amnestied, to get a free $4.6M jackpot, before heading back to Europe to get paid again.

I would much rather trade DeRozan & Bargnani for a better starting PF than Landry (ie: Millsap), letting Johnson slip into the backup PF / 3rd big role.

For me, the bottom line is that I don't like the current starting lineup. Gay and DeRozan are too similar, which is especially bad when they're similar at being high-volume, low-efficiency scorers who can't hit a 3pt shot consistently or play a lick of perimeter defense. The starting lineup has no 'glue' guy who can have success playing off the ball. Johnson isn't much of a low-post scoring threat (ie: drawing double-teams consistently to open up lanes for penetration and/or open 3pt looks for teammates), especially when he decides to be a 16-18' jump-shooter (that was my biggest frustration with Bosh, when he would go away from playing in the post).

Comment

Are we having any pick?

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/da5gj?u...oronto-raptors

Comment

I know it don't sound so good, but I think bagrs should play a little longer in toronto... his value is at an all-time low had we traded him at the beginning of last year we probably could've landed a much better player in return, maybe pau gasol... Ithink if we let bargs rebuild his value (we all know he can score) we will also get a feel of how jv,bargs,gay,DD,and lowry mesh together..also for our backup point guard, why are we using telfair when we can probably get a guy like arenas, and fillour roster with vets the will mentor our young player.. for next year id like to see:

Lowry/arenas/lucas
          Derozan/ross/(how bout iverson)
          Gay/fields/kleiza(unless traded)
          Bargs/amir/acy
          Jv/free agent/gray..
          Give this team a full training camp,

Comment

We amnesty Kleiza and bringing Gigi Datome

Comment

Working...
            X