No announcement yet.

GT: Jose at Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fun to go on stats.nba.com and do splits of "last __ games" for JV and watch his steady progress

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      No one on Detroit can guard Derozan/Gay, it's just Gay and Derozan choose to guard themselves. TAKE IT TO THE RIM!
      I'm worried that the terrible, contested, off-balance shots are going to become a hard to drop habit for Gay and Derozan if Casey stays on as coach much longer. How often do we see either of them take an open jumper with their feet set, maybe once or twice a game? Did anyone see that possession where Derozan had to take a turnaround fadeaway three from 28 feet after standing still for 18 seconds trying to get Gay the ball? There are too many possessions lost to contested shots for this to be considered an NBA offense. At this point we have to wonder whether it's Casey or the wings at fault for the poor shots.

Comment

The bench has been wetting the bed for a long 2 months now thats why we lose games.....

They dont defend except Fields and they cant score.... awful.

Comment

Coaching is terrible, and quite frankly, as much as Ross seriously pissed me off tonight, and Derozan was shit as well, he didn't look to put them into places where they could be successful..

Defense was non-existent, which is so damn ironic because what kind of coach do we have? A defensive one!

The only positives in this game were Valanciunas, Acy, and Gay. What, is that our core now? Goodness.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

My thoughts:

- Valanciunas is going to be a big time player in this game.
            - Rudy played one of his best game as a Rap. He's capable of putting numbers like this every game. He's that talented.
            - Calderon outplayed Lowry. Not really surprising to me unlike most Raps fans who thinks that Lowry is a better PG than Jose. To me there's no argument. Jose > "healthy" Lowry. But go on keep making excuses.
            - DeRozan. Where should i start? the shots that this guy takes is ridiculously bad. I mean, WOW. His shot selection in the 4th(specially) singlehandedly killed the Raptors tonight. Someone reminds him he's not Kobe Bryant.
            - Ross i think hits the rookie wall.
            - Turnovers after timeout continues to be a problem. And to me that's on the coach.
            - The way the Raptors have played this year, i'll be SHOCKED if Colangelo and Casey is back next year. This team might not even win 30 games this season.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Gay and JV have big games. Raps still lose to one of the worst teams in the NBA.

But it's fine. Guaranteed playoffs next year. This team is awesome. Right on track. Everything is fine. Just need training camp. Players to gel. Get over injuries. Look at the shiny keys. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                Gay and JV have big games. Raps still lose to one of the worst teams in the NBA.

But it's fine. Guaranteed playoffs next year. This team is awesome. Right on track. Everything is fine. Just need training camp. Players to gel. Get over injuries. Look at the shiny keys. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
                They jingle too!!!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

First they need to attach this to their shiny keys if they want to achieve anything....
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    My thoughts:

- Valanciunas is going to be a big time player in this game.
                    - Rudy played one of his best game as a Rap. He's capable of putting numbers like this every game. He's that talented.
                    - Calderon outplayed Lowry. Not really surprising to me unlike most Raps fans who thinks that Lowry is a better PG than Jose. To me there's no argument. Jose > "healthy" Lowry. But go on keep making excuses.
                    - DeRozan. Where should i start? the shots that this guy takes is ridiculously bad. I mean, WOW. His shot selection in the 4th(specially) singlehandedly killed the Raptors tonight. Someone reminds him he's not Kobe Bryant.
                    - Ross i think hits the rookie wall.
                    - Turnovers after timeout continues to be a problem. And to me that's on the coach.
                    - The way the Raptors have played this year, i'll be SHOCKED if Colangelo and Casey is back next year. This team might not even win 30 games this season.
                    Last year Kyle Lowry averaged 21Pts, 4.5Ast, 3.0Rebs, .600 FG and .100 3FG vs Calderon

His not playing to his strength.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Last year Kyle Lowry averaged 21Pts, 4.5Ast, 3.0Rebs, .600 FG and .100 3FG vs Calderon

His not playing to his strength.
                      You mean against the Raptors...

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        You mean against the Raptors...
                        One in the same
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          One in the same
                          Not really if you want to make it personal. Against Calderon he averaged 16,5 pts and 3,5 ast. But regardless, I think it's hard to draw conclusions just from stats based on one or two games especially without considering the stats of the other player. On the other hand, Calderon is gone so I don't really understand why people (like me now) still want to compare them.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            Not really if you want to make it personal. Against Calderon he averaged 16,5 pts and 3,5 ast. But regardless, I think it's hard to draw conclusions just from stats based on one or two games especially without considering the stats of the other player. On the other hand, Calderon is gone so I don't really understand why people (like me now) still want to compare them.
                            I've accepted Jose is gone. Trex hasn't. Btw Jose had 12.5 and 9.5 on .500 shooting.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I still think a return one day would be good for both sides, but that is very likely not next season.

Jose is a class act and a smart guy. He will not be sentimental in free agency, even if he considers Toronto. He'll be one of the more pursued PGs this off-season because teams will be offering all kinds of different opportunities, and I'm sure many will be better than whatever Toronto can offer in terms of money, role, and chance to win.

Comment

If I was Jose I wouldn't come back until BC is gone if that opportunity ever happened anyway. Guy spent so much time and resources trying to replace Jose over the years rather than actually shoring up the actual problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X