No announcement yet.

GT: Raptors vs Timberwolves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how often JV keeps his blocks in play.

Comment

Wow T Ross o my Lord!

Comment

The rim has a bruise after that one.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Rubio is a fantastic PG no joke this kid omg makes his teammates so much better. However not a fan of his huge flopping...

Comment

I have to say, this is a game that was actually pretty well coached by Casey.

Comment

Even the out of timeout plays weren't as bad as usual. And his sub patterns made sense.

Comment

Too bad Rubio missed the second, I was looking forward to a sweet game winner

Comment

Jonas had a pretty solid game. Rebounds are low, but it wasn't for a lack of activity. Just couldn't seem to get his hands on them.

Comment

Gay and Demar had almost identical lines...fitting since they both scored in the post all night.

Comment

I know we've seen the redundancy in Gay/Derozan, but this was a game where you could argue you need to two wing players that can score regardless of how, and the way.

Demar took advantage of the smaller player tonight, and he was aggressive at the end of the game. Rudy was a lot more impressive, because he took Cunningham and Kirilenko to school, and those two are about as lengthy players as Gay is, not to mention Kirilenko is one of the better defenders in the NBA, and has been in the last decade.

You know what I'd love to hear/see? Rudy and Demar come into next season, and vow they will stay put, and do their work in the post/inside, similar to what Wade and James did last season. These two are obviously very, very effective with their backs to the basket, or working their game within the mid-range, not from the outside.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        I know we've seen the redundancy in Gay/Derozan, but this was a game where you could argue you need to two wing players that can score regardless of how, and the way.

Demar took advantage of the smaller player tonight, and he was aggressive at the end of the game. Rudy was a lot more impressive, because he took Cunningham and Kirilenko to school, and those two are about as lengthy players as Gay is, not to mention Kirilenko is one of the better defenders in the NBA, and has been in the last decade.

You know what I'd love to hear/see? Rudy and Demar come into next season, and vow they will stay put, and do their work in the post/inside, similar to what Wade and James did last season. These two are obviously very, very effective with their backs to the basket, or working their game within the mid-range, not from the outside.
                        Though I somehow doubt we'll see that. I just hope Demar can add that corner 3. Otherwise it's hard to see a long-term fit with both. We'll see though. Gay has to shoot better too. Shooting could still generally be a big problem....sigh

Comment

The problem is Demar has struggled to be effective against pesky/strong defenders. Tonight Kirilenko was busy with Gay, so Demar's toughest opponent was Budinger, who has decent size but is not a great defender. He also got to eat up Ridnour.

Gay just needs to decide to do this more. He can be effective against anyone when he initiates a lot of his game in the post. He was killing Kirilenko at times, and that's not an easy task.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            The problem is Demar has struggled to be effective against pesky/strong defenders. Tonight Kirilenko was busy with Gay, so Demar's toughest opponent was Budinger, who has decent size but is not a great defender. He also got to eat up Ridnour.

Gay just needs to decide to do this more. He can be effective against anyone when he initiates a lot of his game in the post. He was killing Kirilenko at times, and that's not an easy task.
                            Rudy Gay's shooting from the outside has improved in the last couple, and I personally think Demar's mid-ranged game is enough for him to get by on the post, with the ever odd outside shot; see Dwayne Wade.

I think the key things Gay and Derozan NEED to improve on BOTH as a duo is:

- ball-handling
                            - strength
                            - mentality to stay inside

With that, they'll be able to actually work against teams that have two capable wing defenders i.e Memphis, Miami, Boston.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              Rudy Gay's shooting from the outside has improved in the last couple, and I personally think Demar's mid-ranged game is enough for him to get by on the post, with the ever odd outside shot; see Dwayne Wade.

I think the key things Gay and Derozan NEED to improve on BOTH as a duo is:

- ball-handling
                              - strength
                              - mentality to stay inside

With that, they'll be able to actually work against teams that have two capable wing defenders i.e Memphis, Miami, Boston.
                              Still though, with JV and Amir on the floor, that's 4 of your players mostly effective working from inside the 3 pt line. That's not easy to work with in terms of creating space.

*Minnesota's team D was/is quite poor.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Apr 5, 2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Nice to see Ross nail an open 3 tonight man loved DeMars game tonight. When JV can hit back against bigs like Peko he will be so dangerous on every given night.

To repeat what ive been saying all season since the trade the tandem of Gay, DeRozan and Ross on the wings is going to be special.

Comment

Working...
                                X