Lowry, is really bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    Im not sure how you can say demar cant create for himself when so many people complain thats all he can do is iso... And JV someone has to pass him the ball in the post but he seems to be creating to me?
    That is the irony with DD.

Since the Gay trade he has been put in many ISO situations but it does not appear he is doing anything. I'd love to see a breakdown of his ISO stats..... anyone?

Where DD is most effective is running the Rip Hamilton style game....and that takes a lot of help from teammates.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      If you base this statement strictly off the 2 on 1 where Lowry threw the horrible lob pass to Gay, then yes.

But one play is hardly reasonable.

I don't think he is playing really bad but he is also not playing really good either.

He is playing like an ex-con on probation.... unable to do what he wants and always looking over his shoulder.
      Well said. There has to be a happy medium between getting teammates involved and attacking and shooting ....Casey has probably tied his hands too much.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        That is the irony with DD.

Since the Gay trade he has been put in many ISO situations but it does not appear he is doing anything. I'd love to see a breakdown of his ISO stats..... anyone?

Where DD is most effective is running the Rip Hamilton style game....and that takes a lot of help from teammates.
        Don't forget the back to the basket. He's definitely good at working from the low to mid ranged area, not from the perimeter.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lowry is playing fine and if anything needs the ball in his hands more often. Demar and Rudy who both quality scorers are not good facilitators yet have the ball in there hands more then the best play maker on the floor.

Like Matt mention Demar is best on the move coming off screens like Rip or like Reuben said low to mid range (working on smaller guards). Why have him facing up outside the 3 point arc or going 1 on 1 taking the dreadful long 2's. Same things apply for Rudy accept he has a much better ability to face up the Demar. Although both players attempted 23 shots last night (shot over 50%) they both only had 1 trip to the free throw line. Add to that 4 combined assists and you can see that it's simply one on one basketball being played. This is fine when their hot like last night but off shooting nights or better defenders and it's obvious why our offense has dry spells. I'm all for DD and Gay taking the shots but not a fan of them setting the play up leave that to Lowry.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            DeMar and Rudy can create for themselves JV and Amir cant.
            Rudy yes, DeMar can't. DeMar is at his best on the move coming off screens, catch and shoot. Post up. 1 on 1 is not his game.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

When Lowry was first traded for I thought the exuberance towards him was over the top. Now that he has been here for a while, and battled Jose like all PGs in a Raps uniform seem to, I think the distaste for him is too much aswell.

The discussion surrounding him reminds me alot of TJ Ford. They both have played very well while in a Raps uniform but some still seem to think they are 'bad' despite putting up good numbers.

Player: Lowry (12/13) - Ford (07/08)

WS/48 .132 - .130
              PER ----17.5 - 20.3
              WP/48 .192 -.112
              Ast% --33.7 - 44.4 (Jose has never even had an assist% this high in any season!)

These guys aren't bad, and they aren't 'back up' calibre players. They just aren't the 'top 5x PG' (or insert qualifier here) people believed they would or should be, and they never were any better than the PG this team always had over the years.

Comment

Lowry seems as if he is not sure what he should be doing on the floor, although most of the guys look that way. But if your PG is disenfranchised (not sure if thats the right word), it trickles over to the rest of the team. He doesn't seem comfortable with his role (whatever that is) and it really has a negative affect on the team overall. And the unclear offensive role has no doubt affected his defense, and we need his defense. Gay and DeRozan should be getting more kick outs from Lowry penetrations, but we depend too much on the ISO play with our wings. Amir could get some easy baskets if they'd run the pick and roll more often, and why not run a pick and roll or screen with Gay? Dude needs to be involved more in creating the offense.

Comment

We could have had a better PG In Dragic without giving up a first round pick. It still pisses me off to this day.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    We could have had a better PG In Dragic without giving up a first round pick. It still pisses me off to this day.
                    That assumes he'd sign here over Phoenix.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Rudy yes, DeMar can't. DeMar is at his best on the move coming off screens, catch and shoot. Post up. 1 on 1 is not his game.
                      This is true, unless Demar can develop his ball-handling further, which I doubt he won't.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        Like Matt52 stated, that's only assuming he signs here, but yes, I would have rather taken a run at Dragic over BOTH Lowry/Nash FIRST.

Comment

Working...
                        X