No announcement yet.

SGs: Who will not return next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the last 2 months DeMar has been shooting 52% hes picking his shots better just throwing that out there. I dont think you can say DeMar has no range when he hits almost everything but 3s.... a 3 point shot is good but if it isnt a part of his game why keep bringing it up? He should just keep refining what he is and be consistent about it.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      For the last 2 months DeMar has been shooting 52% hes picking his shots better just throwing that out there. I dont think you can say DeMar has no range when he hits almost everything but 3s.... a 3 point shot is good but if it isnt a part of his game why keep bringing it up? He should just keep refining what he is and be consistent about it.
      Range is kinda defined as being a good all-around shooter, like being good at both mid-range and 3-point shooting. Him only being able to only hit 20-footers isn't considered "range".

I agree with the last bit though. His 3-point shooting has been god awful over 4 years, and unless he hasn't been working on it, he should stick to becoming more consistent at the shot that he uses the most.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• If were talking about range; Demar is a shot gun.
        RANGE IS A NOTHER WORD FOR DISTANCE. STOOPID

Comment

For the last 2 months DeMar has been shooting 52% hes picking his shots better just throwing that out there. I dont think you can say DeMar has no range when he hits almost everything but 3s.... a 3 point shot is good but if it isnt a part of his game why keep bringing it up? He should just keep refining what he is and be consistent about it.
          You know stats are public and can be checked by anyone right? So why keep on posting nonsense, like DeMar shooting 52% for the last two months.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            You know stats are public and can be checked by anyone right? So why keep on posting nonsense, like DeMar shooting 52% for the last two months.
            Yep.

Over March and April Demar is shooting a combined 44% with an amazing 8%(!) from 3 - a total of 2 3pters made.

Just for reference in February he shot 43%, with a grand total of 4 3pters made at a rate of 25%.

I thought it was assumed that 'from range' meant 3pt range.

Even if we only look at 16-23fters, he is shooting 41%, which ties him for 13the among SGs (who play approx 30 min a game). At best he is around average at taking the most inefficient shot in the game.... thats his 'range'.

Why does it kept being brought up? Because ignoring it doesn't make it go away. How he plays is extremely inefficient, and he's not particularily good at it. Which becomes important when he is considered a core part of the team and has the 2nd highest usage on the team after Gay

Comment

Because it's basically essential for his position.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Wade shot sub-30 from 3 for a long time!
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• And MJ's 3P% for his first 4 years ranged from 13%-18%

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                    And MJ's 3P% for his first 4 years ranged from 13%-18%
                    Holy crap! You learn something new everyday!

Comment

• With Brandon Roy not expected to return next season, Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman said finding a "quality" shooting guard will be one of the team's top offseason priorities.

"That's something we'll really have to look around for," Adelman said before the team's game against Phoenix on Saturday night, April 13, at Target Center. "It's too hard to play point guards at that spot. Luke (Ridnour) is overmatched all the time playing bigger two-guards.We have to find a way to get more size there."

http://www.twincities.com/timberwolv...shopping-list?
                      Hmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Wade shot sub-30 from 3 for a long time!
                        Which is why is said "basically". The caveat being, if you're a shooting guard who is also a first ballot hall of famer, then no, 3pt shooting is not essential.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Hmmmmmmmmm
                          I saw that today. I still think I'd only trade Demar to Minny (obviously he would be the target) if it could be turned into some kind of trade for Kevin Love (again, I know how crazy that sounds). I don't like anythign else they have quite enough to be ok with a deal that would be something like Ridnour + filler(even if that's Williams).

Comment

• Demar and next years first round for Kevin Love!
                            Still have Bargs to trade for a back up PG.

Lowry/???
                            Ross/Anderson
                            Gay/Fields
                            Love/Acy
                            Val/Amir

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Demar and next years first round for Kevin Love!
                              Still have Bargs to trade for a back up PG.

Lowry/???
                              Ross/Anderson
                              Gay/Fields
                              Love/Acy
                              Val/Amir
                              If we lose this year's first round pick I don't think we are allowed to trade next years. You can't trade first round picks for two years running.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                If we lose this year's first round pick I don't think we are allowed to trade next years. You can't trade first round picks for two years running.
                                Oh really? I thought if we gave it away this year, it freed up next years pick to potentially be traded as well?

Would Demar AND Andrea for Love work?

Comment

Working...
                                X