SGs: Who will not return next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    If we lose this year's first round pick I don't think we are allowed to trade next years. You can't trade first round picks for two years running.
    I believe that applies to FUTURE 1st round picks of consecutive years. Once a trade is affected, as it will be in this year's draft, the clock is reset.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
      I believe that applies to FUTURE 1st round picks of consecutive years. Once a trade is affected, as it will be in this year's draft, the clock is reset.
      You are right (source).

Comment

And MJ's 3P% for his first 4 years ranged from 13%-18%
        MJ was also a highly-touted prospect, was drafted third in his class, and was dominant in the league after his first season.

DeMar is none of that.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• nice to hear mckechnie say that he thinks landrys shooting will come back. he will be a great option off the bench when he can shoot

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            MJ was also a highly-touted prospect, was drafted third in his class, and was dominant in the league after his first season.

DeMar is none of that.
            Thanks for blessing me with your enlightenment, but the point wasn't that DeMar is MJ. The point was in response to the 3 pt shot being "essential to the position". Another example provided was DWade, but ya got no objection to that one? In either case, they are also good examples of how players who work continue to develop beyond what they show in their 4th year, contrary to a common local refrain that "what you see in DD is what he will be, boohoo".

Comment

Thanks for blessing me with your enlightenment, but the point wasn't that DeMar is MJ. The point was in response to the 3 pt shot being "essential to the position". Another example provided was DWade, but ya got no objection to that one? In either case, they are also good examples of how players who work continue to develop beyond what they show in their 4th year, contrary to a common local refrain that "what you see in DD is what he will be, boohoo".
              And the guys you mentioned are also some of the best defenders in the history of their position. They can and did play a pseudo PG position (had ball handling and passing skills), while shooting excellent %s in general

If Derozan could do any of those things, his lack of 3pt shooting wouldn't be a concern.

Unfortunately he doesn't....

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                Oh really? I thought if we gave it away this year, it freed up next years pick to potentially be traded as well?

Would Demar AND Andrea for Love work?
                That was something more like I was thinking...Crazy? Yes. But if Minny, a smaller market team, doesn't think they can win in the next couple of years and keep Love happy, they may trade him now. Love also has some injury concerns, so they do have to think about keeping a good team around Rubio as well.

I think the deal would be something like
                Andrea + Demar + 2014 1st rd pick (only top 3 protected) for Love + Ridnour.....
                Things that might have to be added to make it work....I think they would want to unload Roy's contract, even if he's set to retire. And if they want a PG, we could pick up Lucas' option and trade him to be their end of bench PG.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I saw that today. I still think I'd only trade Demar to Minny (obviously he would be the target) if it could be turned into some kind of trade for Kevin Love (again, I know how crazy that sounds). I don't like anythign else they have quite enough to be ok with a deal that would be something like Ridnour + filler(even if that's Williams).
                  If their lottery pick is on the table, I would be listening.

I definitely agree a backup PG and Williams is not enough.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    If their lottery pick is on the table, I would be listening.

I definitely agree a backup PG and Williams is not enough.
                    Yeah, if an all-star isn't coming back for Demar, I wouldn't want to trade him, but to consider it at all, a lottery pick would be the start off point. Demar is quite a valuable asset, and if he doesn't bring back either an obvious talent upgrade (and again, I mean OBVIOUS), he better bring back at least one high potential and possibly long-term asset. I still wouldn't like to, but at least it could then be said that the move is not just a band-aid deal.

*I know some people will say Williams is such an asset...but man, I have been consistently unimpressed with the way he plays, even when he produces. He doesn't play hard, and he's got Kleiza syndrome defensively where he can't seem to guard either of the positions he's supposed to be able to play. It's so sad because he clearly has the talent.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 15, 2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X