Zach Randolph anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Randolph anyone?

I love this guys game and would be pumped if there was a way to get him in a Raps uniform. If we could get him, would you want him on the Raptors?

Hypothetical: Raps trade Bargs and Fields (or perhaps another piece) to the Lakers for Pau Gasol in the offseason. I like this trade for the Raps. We rid ourselves of Bargs uselessness and troublesome contract, as well as Landry's troublesome (arguable) contract. We get a large expiring contract in return, with little change in overall payroll. The Lakers get two decent pieces in return, they are both fairly young with some upside. Fields can be a good role player off the bench, and Bargs can be a spacing backup for Dwight if he resigns with LA. I'm not sure if LA would like this trade, but it seems that Gasol's future there is coming to an end. A Bargs/Howard frontline might be good for them too as Bargs could spot up behind the arc, drawing out his defender and giving Howard more room to work. He could certainly fill that role better than Gasol, and the Lakers might be one of the few teams that can actually get something out of Bargs.

Next year, we start shopping Pau to Memphis for Randolph to see if they are interested. I know Memphis got shafted when they traded Pau to the Lakers, and they may very well be interested in pairing him with his brother. We can complete this trade (if all parties are happy) during the season, at the deadline, or in the 2014 offseason via sign and trade. We get a great PF who is re-united with Gay and Lowry and Memphis gets a great PF to pair with his brother Marc. I'm not sure if Memphis would see value in this, but to me it would seem that they really wouldn't be losing anything here. Of course, if Memphis isn't interested we still have a large expiring contract to move at next years deadline and cap room to play with in the offseason.

So, thoughts on acquiring Randolph? Via this route or any other?

Won't happen :/
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Won't happen :/
      Good insight.

Comment

Yea sorry for being snob (today I'm lazy )
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

A deal centered around Bargs and Gasol, is a big part of this trade. If that kind of trade was available I think I would have already been done. I figure the lakers would rather keep gasol for one more year and let him walk as a free agent in order to get their cap situation down. As far as Randolph goes, yes he's good, but he and Gay never did do much together in memphis. Not really sure why we want to re create a team that never made it to a conference finals.

Lastly, I can't see Memphis wanting Gasol or Randolph except to maybe sell tickets. Also, why would LA want bargs and filler when they could just trade gasol for randolph straight up? I mean if Randolph Gasol works, I don't see why a Howard/Randolph would work either.

Second lastly, Randolph is older and doesn't fit into the age group. I'd rather get a guy whose a little younger.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

That's what I wanted to put. No one wants Bargnani. If Memphis wants Pau Gasol they can deal directly with LA.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

What glue are you sniffing

Everything you typed in will never ever ever ever happen

Comment

I understand that any contract can be moved. Then there's Andrea Bargnani's. AB7 = Roberto Luongo. A deal that involves Zach, Pau and Andrea is Cheech and Chong stuff man!
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I know everyone wants Bargnani gone, like yesterday ... and maybe he in fact gets shipped in the offseason, BUT talk about dealing low on an asset.

Even the biggest Bargs haters would have to admit that he is better than the multi-injured, 12.7PPG season we just witnessed. Greater value would come from giving him a few months to put up numbers ... but as we saw, he doesn't do well in a reserve role - perhaps starting him just to add value is too steep a price for our organization.

My dream sequence for a year or two has been a Demar and Bargs deal for KLove ... but at current values, that is just a pipe dream ... As in, smoking the pipe.
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    I understand that any contract can be moved. Then there's Andrea Bargnani's. AB7 = Roberto Luongo. A deal that involves Zach, Pau and Andrea is Cheech and Chong stuff man!
                    +1, won't happen...

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                      I know everyone wants Bargnani gone, like yesterday ... and maybe he in fact gets shipped in the offseason, BUT talk about dealing low on an asset.

Even the biggest Bargs haters would have to admit that he is better than the multi-injured, 12.7PPG season we just witnessed. Greater value would come from giving him a few months to put up numbers ... but as we saw, he doesn't do well in a reserve role - perhaps starting him just to add value is too steep a price for our organization.

My dream sequence for a year or two has been a Demar and Bargs deal for KLove ... but at current values, that is just a pipe dream ... As in, smoking the pipe.
                      DeRozan & Bargnani & 1st round pick (if pick goes to OKC this year) for Love & Ridnour... my pipe dream as well!

Comment

A dream I know. I'm not sure anybody would want Bargs at this point, we may be stuck with him until his contract is expiring. I don't want Pau either, but thought maybe this scenario might be possible based on previous rumours. I'll ensure I don't create posts after I smoke in the future lol

Comment

The proposed idea may be difficult(not impossible) but there are ways to acquire Randolph if the Raps. really want him. Acquiring Pau first is unnecessary if Pau is not the Guy they want. That being said, I think we should do the trade for Pau and stop there.
                          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I'm not high on Randolph, Gasol, Boozer or Jefferson, mainly because of their age. I'd prefer the Raps target a younger PF that will be able to grow with the team's young core over the next few seasons, especially if DeRozan is going to be included in the trade. Guys like Love or Millsap are definitely much higher on my list of potential PF targets.

Comment

The Lakers have been rumoured to be uninterested in taking on any additional salary past 2014 as they want their books to be as clean as possible to being rebuilding around Howard in the Post-Kobe era. And even if that weren't true, I know the Lakers could find a better deal for Gasol (especially since he's expiring) than a bunch of crap (Bargnani/Fields) from one of the worst teams in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X