GT: Raptors vs Bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    They're putting him in a neck brace according to Fan590.
    So that means he's going to hospital right now.

Precautions is precautions.

Comment

He's sitting up, but they're going to use a hardboard on the stretcher, so it all sounds precautionary. If someone here is a doctor and is listening to the broadcast there's probably enough to make an educated guess.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        So that means he's going to hospital right now.

Precautions is precautions.
        Definitely. Any neck incident you're going in for tests-- I've had my share of medical tests thanks to sports when I was young.

Comment

Lots of Lithuanians cheering for him. That should lift his spirits. Colangelo told the broadcast team of mike that it's whiplash and he's being taken in for tests.

Comment

Radio team did an excellent job reporting what was going on. Big thumbs up to them.

Comment

He's sitting up, but they're going to use a hardboard on the stretcher, so it all sounds precautionary. If someone here is a doctor and is listening to the broadcast there's probably enough to make an educated guess.
              He'll miss rest of the games I'm pretty sure. That injuries you see in car accidents very often. And pain/ stiffines/ tenderness develops only after 3-6 hours after actual injury happined. So no more JV this season I think

Comment

Lots of Lithuanians cheering for him. That should lift his spirits. Colangelo told the broadcast team of mike that it's whiplash and he's being taken in for tests.
                Exactly what I thought. He'll be fine, huh.

EDIT: I had similar injury to this, but my neck ligaments and tendons were severely damaged and I was out for about 3 months. But that was severely injured, while for JV doesn't looked like. He'll be okay,
                Last edited by rocwell; Tue Apr 9, 2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Scary JV moment hope its nothing serious. Nate Robinson is a great guard off the bench big game he brought them back that jump ball was silly it was out on Chicago. Lowry and DeRozan had very good games.

Comment

Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack 4m

RT @RaptorsMR: Valanciunas sustained a whiplash-type injury in final seconds. Taken to Rush Presbyterian Hospital for precautionary testing.
                    Shouldnt be too serious.

Comment

There's multiple Twitter sources confirming the hospital visit is just precautionary. Thank the lord.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I thought the Raps played pretty well except for a stretch in the 2nd. Demar, Gay and Ross were steady (Gay always gives me a couple of plays where I just shake my head), JV di okay except for fouls, but he played Mahamoud amnd Bozer pretty well I thought and showed a nice left handed hook, Luca and Anderson almost looked under control with their minutes.

Overall good game.

Comment

Should have mentioned Quincy for some nice play on both ends.

Comment

Comment

Sigh. Raptors almost lost this game in the 4th because AS USUAL Casey stuck too long with the reserves. But anyway, a 101-97 win over a team missing Noah, Rose, Gibson and Deng isn't all that impressive. This team has LONG ways to go.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                Sigh. Raptors almost lost this game in the 4th because AS USUAL Casey stuck too long with the reserves. But anyway, a 101-97 win over a team missing Noah, Rose, Gibson and Deng isn't all that impressive. This team has LONG ways to go.
                                Bulls team lacked talent tonight, but there's no denying they're a very good team because of coaching systems, and players that buy in. I'm shocked this team is even in the playoffs this comfortably without Rose.

It wasn't too impressive, but it was a good win against a better system and coach. I agree with Casey and him going back to sticking with subs far too long in the fourth quarter. He was actually fairly solid with his rotations otherwise. Maybe it's because Gay and JV were in foul trouble for the most part.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X