7 Derozan Trades that can help the raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I'd love the first one if we could somehow get rid of Bargs as well.

Maybe throw in Bargs, and try to get an insurance guard back, like Burks or Randy Foye.
    I would love #1 to happen. If it ever were to happen, I'd really like to see Bargnani (and a 2nd round pick if necessary) sent to Minnesota for Williams & Ridnour.

Those 2 moves (and Kleiza being amnestied) would leave this lineup under contract:

C: Valanciunas, Gray (player option)
    PF: Millsap, Johnson, Acy
    SF: Gay, Williams
    SG: Fields, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Ridnour, Lucas (team option)

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I would love #1 to happen. If it ever were to happen, I'd really like to see Bargnani (and a 2nd round pick if necessary) sent to Minnesota for Williams & Ridnour.

Those 2 moves (and Kleiza being amnestied) would leave this lineup under contract:

C: Valanciunas, Gray (player option)
      PF: Millsap, Johnson, Acy
      SF: Gay, Williams
      SG: Fields, Ross
      PG: Lowry, Ridnour, Lucas (team option)
      I'd have to admit, that looks incredible. Back that up with a veteran wing, shooter and or defender, we'll be set!
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Until this year Aaron Afflalo has always been a very good three point shooter and d and may fit the roster better than Demar, another issue is the third big man. Although Andrew Nicholson is 6'9, he has a 7'4 wingspan and is 240 leading me to believe he could play center if needed. He seems like he will be a good quality player in the future. With Rudy being a similar skill set to Derozan, and Derozan being a more ideal trade chip, why not trade Demar and perhaps Allen Anderson or Acy for those two players, nicholson seems to be more promising than Acy and could play back up center too. This kind of deal would leave the raptors with a starting line up (provided that Ross doesn't surprise everybody and become unreal over the summer) of: Lowry, Afflalo, Gay, Johnson, Valanciunas. With the development of Valanciunas, Toronto would have a balanced line up of offense and defense. In 32 games in college (I know it's not the nba) Nicholson shot over 40 percent from three in 1.7 attempts a game. IF he was able to step out and hit 33ish percent on the nba three ball or higher then Toronto also has their shooting big man. If Anderson gets traded rather than Acy, Toronto has somebody they can pair with say Landry Fields for a better backup pg and then filler wing back up with Ross getting the majority of back up wing minutes.
        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Working...
        X