Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Anyone else surprised? I originally was until I took a look at his stats for this year, that combined with his injury history and age makes it a no brainer.

I don't have a source, but I remember reading somewhere he was complaining because he thought he deserved more money.

Nevertheless, a huge slap in the face, considering it's only a week and a half from the Playoffs.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

It is believed that he has had a falling out with Gregg Popovich.

His time has slowly been reduced and he has been made redundant. That's the way they run things in S.A.
      Gregg's way or no way.

Look for him to make a successful impact on another player roster next year. He's a good player, regardless of attitude. Gregg runs a fascist regime and everyone in the league already knows it. I'm sure Stephen Jackson would not have gone back, had he not been traded unwillingly.

Comment

S Jax is a talented head case. Had he accepted his reduced role, he might have taken home a championship ring, and still got to sign elsewhere in the off season where he would have a bigger role, and probably more money because of the "i just won a championship" effect.

Getting himself waived, not likely to up his stock.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...gregg-popovich

Confirmed today that the conflict between him and Popovich was the reason for the release. It looks like he was unwilling to accept the fact that Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green are better players than him.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

are there any other teams that would continue paying him 9.5 million a year? or is he actually worth that value?

Comment

Vaseline.

S-Jax has proven to have many problems. Those kinds of players usually get tossed aside as soon as their talent declines... Just like Francis, Marbury, Iverson and others... You can only act like a d-bag as long as your talent is of great value. The Spurs dumping him now should tell a lot; he's one misstep away from eating Vaseline on webcam.

Comment

Working...
              X