Repercussion of Kobe injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repercussion of Kobe injury

He suffered, what most believe, a torn achilles in tonight's game vs. the Warriors. Got right back up and made two free throws while barely standing.

If this is the way we see him end his career, it's disastrous. Love him or hate him, he's one of the all-time greats, and you have to respect how he's gone into every game with passion, and given everything he's got over the past 17 years.

Typical recovery time for this injury is 8 months-1 year. He's already stated that next season would be his last. Hopefully this isn't his last game.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

no it's not.

But industry standard for this type of injury is 1 year.
    The comment that is made in the league is that a player that has suffered from this type of injury, never comes back the same.

I have access to the US feed and he was crying before the interview. No confirmation, but his eyes were definitely wet.
    He feels like there is no achilles, so this is going to be a long road to recovery.
    He tried to put weight on it and he knew right away.

Mike D'antoni is a POS coach that doesn't give a damn about the players on his roster.
    His post-game interview didn't even mention once, not even once voice a sincere concern for Kobe's well being. He only spoke about how he would move on, and that the rest of the team needed to step up. I'm sorry but what a sack of shit.
    Last edited by drunkmunky; Sat Apr 13, 2013, 01:45 AM.

Comment

This is all on D'Antoni. Fucking ridiculous.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Repercussion of Kobe injury

I have a sinking feeling about this. Not because of the injury itself, though its really a shame, but more because of the effect its going to have. Without Kobe next year the Lakers will likely miss out on the playoffs. And guess what, suddenly the perennially contending Lakers have a draft pick the ONE year that franchise changing talent in Wiggins—and maybe Parker—is available. I have a horrible feeling the NBA won't be able to resist gifting the Lakers the number one pick.

I cant think of anything worse...
        Last edited by Valantime; Sat Apr 13, 2013, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Valantime wrote: View Post
          I have a sinking feeling about this. Not because of the injury itself, though its really a shame, but more because of the effect its going to have. Without Kobe next year the Lakers will likely miss out on the playoffs. And guess what, suddenly the perennially contending Lakers have a draft pick the ONE year that franchise changing talent in Wiggins—and maybe Parker—is available. I have a horrible feeling the NBA won't be able to resist gifting the Lakers the number one pick.

I cant think of anything worse...
          I will murder someone if Wiggins gets drafted by the Lakers. Anywhere but the Lakers, ANYWHERE!

Comment

I never liked Kobe but i feel for him. D'Antoni is a fucking dick if he actually did that

Comment

Unfair blame on D'antoni. Kobe respects him, Kobe would not come off the court, I doubt if D'antoni had done so, he would NOT be happy, although most would take that over the current situation.

Kobe even said himself he'll be back in the interview. I doubt next year is his last year.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ill quit. just quit. EVERYTHING

Comment

I grew up hating Kobe, not for any particular fault, just because it is common to hate a guy who destroys your team. I honestly hated him after the 81 game. But, as I got older, I liked him more and more, because who doesn't like watching history in the making? Three peats and scoring titles, and the closest thing to MJ. I am seriously bummed out about this injury. Haven't been this bugged by an injury since Garbo.

Comment

So I just hope he gets a chance to end his career in a better way.

Comment

From the man himself.

https://www.facebook.com/Kobe/posts/10151563315250419

This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??
                      I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that
                      was. Maybe this is how my book
                      ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me...Then again maybe not! It's 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I'm wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what's the purpose of social media if I won't bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.
                      One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.
                      "If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer.
                      I know it's a long post but I'm Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.
                      Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.
                      Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always.
                      Mamba Out

Comment

Quite rare to see that from rich athletes, he just got my respect and good reputation.
                        Though he's paid for that, but still I believe he's honest in this message.
                        Last edited by RandomGuy; Sat Apr 13, 2013, 10:00 AM.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          Unfair blame on D'antoni. Kobe respects him, Kobe would not come off the court, I doubt if D'antoni had done so, he would NOT be happy, although most would take that over the current situation.

Kobe even said himself he'll be back in the interview. I doubt next year is his last year.
                          I think it's totally fair to blame idiot d'antoni. This isn't one of those rocky II movie moments where you leave your near-dead friend in the ring to be beat to death, just because he didn't want to give up. It isn't as romantic in real life.

I hate kobe and think he's an asshole. I was hoping GS would help knock them out of the playoffs. But he certainly didn't deserve this.

Players don't come back the same after a torn Achilles. If he still wants to play next year in a battered 36 year old body it's probably not going to be pretty.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                            Quite rare to see that from rich athletes, he just got my respect and good reputation.
                            Though he's paid for that, but still I believe he's honest in this message.
                            Sorry just to clarify but how is that rare for kobe? He always says whatever shit he wants. Secondly he certainly doesn't have a good reputation AT ALL. It's his skill that keeps him where he is. And his message didn't say shit besides being rightfully pissed about being hurt.

Comment

and the winner of the 2014 NBA draft is......... The Los Angeles Lakers crowd: Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!

Comment

Working...
                              X