No announcement yet.

Repercussion of Kobe injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually see the Lakers doing better without Kobe. Nash can be Nash.. Dwight can be Dwight.. and if D'Antoni plays Phoenix style ball they can be dangerous.

The bigger question is would Gasol now become available? Or would they keep him knowing that Kobe is out for a year?

Comment

The game against GSW was so fixed NBA trying to get LAL into the playoffs 15-50 freethrows....... WTF last night I was just like.. wow sneezing is sending LA to the line right now what a joke. GSW were killing them.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        The game against GSW was so fixed NBA trying to get LAL into the playoffs 15-50 freethrows....... WTF last night I was just like.. wow sneezing is sending LA to the line right now what a joke. GSW were killing them.
        Yah I was tuning in and out of that game. Curry was going nuts! I'm glad David lee started heating up in the 3rd too. Always liked that guy. Overall I'm super happy that GS and its current lineup finally gets to see the playoffs.

The one shitty moment for me was right after kobe started hobbling before the free throws and gasol just looked at him with this horribly sad face being all "dude why are you still on the court?"
        Genuine concern was there and as much as I hate kobe, there's just no denying his spirit (and how dumb d'antoni is)

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          I actually see the Lakers doing better without Kobe. Nash can be Nash.. Dwight can be Dwight.. and if D'Antoni plays Phoenix style ball they can be dangerous.

The bigger question is would Gasol now become available? Or would they keep him knowing that Kobe is out for a year?
          They're not going to do better without kobe. The only reason theyre in playoff contention at all was because of kobe. He had to make up for everything the team lacked. I can't see 100 year old Nash trooping on or gasol staying on either.

Comment

that entire roster is done. it's going to be blown up after this season. there is no way kobe would let the organization end up in such a shit pile, just so he could over work and hurt himself again.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              They're not going to do better without kobe. The only reason theyre in playoff contention at all was because of kobe. He had to make up for everything the team lacked. I can't see 100 year old Nash trooping on or gasol staying on either.
              The Lakers will go into rebuild mode. They're likely in the lottery this year without Kobe and there are some decent late lottery players. They can go into tank mode next year for one of those great one and done players that are emerging from high school this year. They could do the unthinkable and amnesty Kobe and his 30 million salary, trade Gasol, etc. It will be interesting.

Comment

They would never Amnesty Kobe. That would be an outrage far greater than any team could absorb. Kobe is the Lakers.

The key for them is find sufficient cap space to get a stacked roster. Only Dwight Howard and MWP have sufficient value to stay in the team.

Pau, Nash, etc. They are all expendable.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                  They would never Amnesty Kobe. That would be an outrage far greater than any team could absorb. Kobe is the Lakers.

The key for them is find sufficient cap space to get a stacked roster. Only Dwight Howard and MWP have sufficient value to stay in the team.

Amnesty is likely if Kobe agrees to it. Think about it. He's not going to play next year anyway. He gets paid no matter what and Kobe comes back to the Lakers in 2014-15 to a new deal. Meanwhile the league's richest team has 30 million off the cap one year early.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    Sorry just to clarify but how is that rare for kobe? He always says whatever shit he wants. Secondly he certainly doesn't have a good reputation AT ALL. It's his skill that keeps him where he is. And his message didn't say shit besides being rightfully pissed about being hurt.
                    That's why I wrote "athletes".
                    I know, that's why I wrote "he just gained"
                    And his message was him being honest and "There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever."
                    Surprised you think this doesn't say a shit.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      Amnesty is likely if Kobe agrees to it. Think about it. He's not going to play next year anyway. He gets paid no matter what and Kobe comes back to the Lakers in 2014-15 to a new deal. Meanwhile the league's richest team has 30 million off the cap one year early.
                      He's already stated next season would be his last..
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

If LA wins the lottery without being a bottom-5 team, I will find it very difficult to ever watch the NBA again. Yes, it's statistically possible (it's a lottery) but there's no way I'd buy it.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post

Wilt Chamberlain - Kareem Abdul Jabar - Magic Johnson - Shaq

Thats just a sample of some of the greats that team has had.

The Lakers are the Lakers. Kobe Bryant is just a player on that team right now. Lakers fans would give him a good send off and have more respect for him than ever if he took an amnesty without a fuss.

I think its a good possibility. As great as Kobe is, he isn't what he used to be. And the Lakers had a significantly better record when he shot less. There is too much talent on that team to horde possessions. With Dwight looking like Dwight again, I'd wager they'll be comfortably in the playoffs next year.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                            Wilt Chamberlain - Kareem Abdul Jabar - Magic Johnson - Shaq

Thats just a sample of some of the greats that team has had.

The Lakers are the Lakers. Kobe Bryant is just a player on that team right now. Lakers fans would give him a good send off and have more respect for him than ever if he took an amnesty without a fuss.
                            Um no.

Unfortunately, the average Laker fan, or any NBA fan for that matter, is not as smart as this. If the Lakers were to amnesty Kobe right now, the city of Los Angeles would probably explode.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Um no.

Unfortunately, the average Laker fan, or any NBA fan for that matter, is not as smart as this. If the Lakers were to amnesty Kobe right now, the city of Los Angeles would probably explode.
                              would be fun to see

"Without Kobe next year the Lakers will likely miss out on the playoffs. "

Expect big trades next year form Lakers side. No way they are going to next season with this lineup.

Comment

1- Lakers are making the playoffs next year with or without Kobe, Nash And Howard led teams to the playoffs by themselves, Gasol could too, they wont be contenders but they'll be good enough for a 5-8 seed.

2-They will not amnesty Kobe because he wont be able to resign with the lakers for 3 years Making him retire somewhere else if he ever wants to play again. After what he's done for them they wont force him into retirement like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X