Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Taking Every Opportunity to Promote Toronto

This is what I like to hear and read.

Chris Bosh is supremely confident in his basketball ability and he's equally sure of himself as a salesman.

With incessant chatter about Bosh leaving the Raptors as a free agent this summer – although never from him – he said Friday he'd like a shot at attracting someone to Toronto.

"Come visit me for a weekend and then we'll talk later," he said when asked what his sales pitch would be.

But Bosh was coy when asked to describe that weekend. "Ah, go to the museums, go to the park, go out to eat, go get some shots up."

Bosh has been a big promoter of Toronto in the last couple of years and said earlier this season he feels "at home" when he comes back to his adopted hometown.

He just wishes it wasn't so hard to get major recognition for the team or the city. "It gets forgotten all the time, I don't think it's that much of a secret," he said "We don't have any national games in the States, we don't get as much attention as other teams do. I mean, we're rolling right now and I don't think anybody really knows it.
    Source - Click here

Thanks for posting this Doc. It's nice to read some positivity.

...Why do a lot of people down south choose to ignore CB's positive comments about the city?

Bosh ain't going nowhere!

Comment

"He just wishes it wasn't so hard to get major recognition for the team or the city. "It gets forgotten all the time, I don't think it's that much of a secret," he said "We don't have any national games in the States, we don't get as much attention as other teams do. I mean, we're rolling right now and I don't think anybody really knows it."

That's America for you CB :-\ Better get used to it.

Comment

Bosh is a classy guy, i would never expect him to bash the city, he does us proud.

Comment

This was good to read. I don't think Vince did this when he was there.

Comment

This is because Toronto actually is a kick ass city, better then most NBA cities...but american's just cant seem to grasp that

Comment

The only way Toronto will get respect is a good playoff run..well even then maybe not.

Comment

Good to hear this from Bosh. Maybe if we win a playoff series, the rest of the NBA will take notice, but i can understand why they are so hesitant to back us up.
                Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

The best I can take from this is that he actually likes spending his free time going to museums or just hanging out at the park and would try to help find someone else low-key like that to join him in T.O. The last paragraph has an opening sentence unquoted putting his following list of negatives about playing in T.O. into a sympathetic or regretful light. I would love Bosh to stay but I just don't see that much promoting going on here, only that he feels 'at home' in a place where he's lived for 6 years, great. We all saw his frustration with the crowd earlier this week against Sacramento. Are we taking him for granted? I can't speak to how different it would be for him playing in front of a Toronto or a Houston crowd for example.

Comment

The fact is that most NBA players love Toronto. They are all over the city during Caribbana. But they feel a loyalty to their country that is based on a lot of Patriotism and chest thumping from a very young age. You get a sense that part of them feels that if they openly say they'd love to play for Toronto that they would be viewed a traitor.

Comment

Working...
                    X