GT: Raptors @ Hawks on TNT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    You should be able to correct any typos yourself... click the "Edit Post" button under your posted message to give it a try... :-)
    The typo was in the title, so it was non-editable, all good now

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
      Wait, can Canadian TV viewers watch the TNT broadcast or are we forced to listen to Matt talk about his tie?
      Would also like to know the answer to this. If we dont get the TNT feed that would be quite the kick in the you know whats.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        I believe we're stuck listening to Matt Devlin learn about the game of basketball while NBA TV Canada is forced to show some random re-run, but I may be wrong.
        This is GREAT news.

Comment

So J smoove just said hes really impressed with Toronto and all the talent it has over night. Could toronto be in the sweepstakes for his talents????

Comment

I was talking with my good friend Jay Satur yesterday. Here is what he said:

I'm a little disappointed, meaning I'll have to watch the game via streams.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

This sucks. Thank heaven for streams.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                So J smoove just said hes really impressed with Toronto and all the talent it has over night. Could toronto be in the sweepstakes for his talents????
                Bargnani for Josh Smith?

Seriously, if that happened I'd start a Colangelo cult, despite how much I can't stand the tool

*Oh, and just to know, source of quote?
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 16, 2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  Only if Atlanta would take DeRozan and Bargnani back in a S&T deal, assuming first that there's real mutual interest between him and the Raptors.

Personally I'm not a big Josh Smith fan. I think he's too much of a tweener, instead of a traditional post-up PF that the Raps need. I'd much rather Love, Millsap, Gasol or Boozer, as better fits with the Raptors Valanciunas/Gay/Lowry lineup.
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Apr 16, 2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Only if Atlanta would take DeRozan and Bargnani back in a S&T deal, assuming first that there's real mutual interest between him and the Raptors.
                    I would take Josh Smith over Boozer, Gasol, and Millsap any day of the week. Skill, talent, athleticism. He's got it all. Hopefully he keeps his mentality of staying away from the 3, and continuing to act like a professional on the court.

Comment

Gay, Lowry, Telfair and Smith are all from the same high school class 05'. Gay and Smith played on the same team in the McDonalds All-American game.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Gay, Lowry, Telfair and Smith are all from the same high school class 05'. Gay and Smith played on the same team in the McDonalds All-American game.
                        Let's just sign/trade for the entire 2006 draft class. Except for Andrea Bargnani.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          I just want to point out that if we win our last two...we will be 3 games out of a playoff spot....

4 is the number of games the refs blew for us
                          The season opener set the tone for the season......

Comment

Personally I'm not a big Josh Smith fan. I think he's too much of a tweener, instead of a traditional post-up PF that the Raps need. I'd much rather Love, Millsap, Gasol or Boozer, as better fits with the Raptors Valanciunas/Gay/Lowry lineup.
                            I'm also not the biggest Smith fan, but with Amir and JV on the roster, the way Amir has blossomed this year, I think it's ok to have Smith as long as you have a solid backup C. What I hate about Smith is his inconsistent attitude, and likely high salary demands. If we could get him at 12-13 million per for 3 years, I'd be ok with that. There is something very underrated to having Smith on this team, and that would be that having Smith AND Gay would give them 2 guys in the starting lineup who can guard LeBron. And with JV/Amir as well, it would give maybe the best kind of frontcourt to beat a team like the heat. JV is a good player at their biggest hole. Amir/Smith can guard Bosh. Smith/Gay/Fields can guard LeBron.

And again, as long as the main piece is Bargnani going back. (would I do it if they had to throw in Ross...?? I dunno, that would be really tough to swallow). IF it was something like just Bargnani and a couple of 1st round picks, yeah, I'd be doing a happy dance for a week. Who knows, maybe Atlanta wouldn't want to take back a lot of salary.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani for Josh Smith?

Seriously, if that happened I'd start a Colangelo cult, despite how much I can't stand the tool

*Oh, and just to know, source of quote?
                              This is the abridged part of the interview, it was just a mention and he reiterates "they play hard and are a talented team" I wouldnt read too much into it. lol

http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/2013/...IEWmov-2447552

However It seems Smith will be testing the free agency markets rather than be traded this summer he declined 45 mill to stay.

The Hawks did want to sign Josh Smith to a contract extension before the season started.

The figure shared with me this week: Atlanta's offer coming into the 2012-13 campaign was a three-year extension worth in excess of $45 million.
                              full story here.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2013/4...-atlanta-hawks

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

Fuck.

When will TSN realize we all hate Matt and Jack??

(Jack not as much, but still.)
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X