Tor - cha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor - cha

We have a core lineups of Lowry, DeRozan, Gay, Amir, and Val. Have them start and play a full 82 games next year, I think we are heading into the right direction with a minor tweak, we need a backup PG, SG, PF, C, whom we can address through trade or FA

Toronto trade Andrea Bargnani + Terrence Ross + draft rights to Tomislav Zubcic for Ben Gordan + Ramon Sessions + Portland's Pick
    Toronto draft Kelly Olynyk or Gorgui Dieng with the Portland's pick
    Raps resign John Lucas III
    Raps signs Mareese Speights to a 2 years 6 million contract
    Raps signs pry Luigi "Gigi" Datome from the Italian league to be our 3rd stringer SF
    The last two roster: 3rd stringer SG and C will pick from Raps Camp invites, possibly left over FAs, D-League, or undraftees

Raps Lineups
    Lowry/Sessions/Lucas
    DeRozan/Gordon/SG
    Gay/Fields/Datome
    Amir/Olynyk or Dieng/Acy
    Val/Speights/C

Lowry and Sessions will go head to head for the starting PG position but Lowry will edge Sessions if we have a coach change, if we stick with Casey, I suspect Lowry will come off the bench.

Comment

Backup SG - I'd rather keep Ross than trade for Gordon

Backup C - Gray will likely use his player option, which means he's coming back

Backup PG & starting/backup PF are the 2 most pressing needs:

Option #1 (easy way)
      - I'd rather just use the combination of Bargnani & MLE (possibly both via Bargnani trade) to address the backup PF (or possibly starting PF, with Amir going to 2nd unit) & backup PG spots

C: Valanciunas, Gray (player option)
      PF: Johnson, ???, Acy
      SF: Gay, Fields
      SG: DeRozan, Ross
      PG: Lowry, ???, Lucas (team option)

Option #2 (hard way)
      - use Bargnani to address the backup PG spot and/or backup SF spot
      - trade DeRozan for starting PF (Amir moves to 2nd unit)
      - MLE could be used to address any spot still left vacant after first two trades

C: Valanciunas, Gray (player option)
      PF: ???, Johnson, Acy
      SF: Gay, ???
      SG: Fields, Ross
      PG: Lowry, ???, Lucas (team option)

The remaining 3 spots can be filled using minimum wage veterans and/or young prospects, signed via free agency. Leaving 1 or 2 roster spots open could be beneficial for facilitating potential trades throughout the season, since only 13 spots are required to be filled.
      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Apr 18, 2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X