Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Names of players traded to Raps while injured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names of players traded to Raps while injured?

Can any of you guys remember how many more players have been traded to the Raps, only to find out that they were actually injured prior to being traded here? Just this year so far there was Fields, Gay, Telfair. Past if I'm not mistaken, there was O'Neil, Turk, who else?

With all the money being spent on scouting reports, could no one figure out that these guys had medical issues before signing them to all that money? If Gay was playing early pre-season with goggles, he obviously knew he had issues with his eyes, why not look for a special pair sooner? Unless he truly wanted out of Memphis and with his bad shooting possibly coming to light, why will the no pick up his option? SMART play Gay, Very smart play.

So now our Canadian Medicare system I guess is going to help him out? how does that work anyway with professional athletes?

Kyle was also injured coming in this year also!

Comment

Gay probably has super premium platinum health insurance paid for by the Raptors.

So any eye surgery will be covered by that.

As for goggles, I think the bazillionaire can afford a couple of hundred bucks to get a pair made.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
        Can any of you guys remember how many more players have been traded to the Raps, only to find out that they were actually injured prior to being traded here? Just this year so far there was Fields, Gay, Telfair. Past if I'm not mistaken, there was O'Neil, Turk, who else?

With all the money being spent on scouting reports, could no one figure out that these guys had medical issues before signing them to all that money? If Gay was playing early pre-season with goggles, he obviously knew he had issues with his eyes, why not look for a special pair sooner? Unless he truly wanted out of Memphis and with his bad shooting possibly coming to light, why will the no pick up his option? SMART play Gay, Very smart play.

So now our Canadian Medicare system I guess is going to help him out? how does that work anyway with professional athletes?
        It doesn't. Any non-naturalized or permanent resident is ineligible for OHIP coverage. They would be charged the rates that an American hospital might charge. Even a new permanent resident is ineligible for OHIP coverage until they have lived in Canada with a fixed address for the first 3 months.

So in short, we ain't paying squat for their medical expenses...other than the bloated bloated contracts we seem to offer these guys.
        i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Once players discover the amazing nightlife of toronto, they find ways to become injured.
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

just kidding of course, hehehe
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
            X