Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas Valanciunas or Enes Kanter? (Poll added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feet85 wrote: View Post
    Jonas Rookie year: 8.9 ppg 6.0 rpg and 1.3 bpg as well as 56% fg Enes rookie year: 4.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 0.3 bpg and 50% fg.... The answer is clear and it's JV
    Minutes?
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
      Speaking of impossible scenarios, Raps should also trade JV for Wiggins if that opportunity presented itself.
      If I understand your post correctly, in your opinion trading JV/Bargnani for EK/Millsap is the same as trading JV for Wiggins. Not that anybody wouldn't do that(JV for Wiggins) IF the opportunity was there BUT how can you even begin to compare the two scenarios as being similar?

Matt thinking it's VERY possible is very supportive and thanks Matt for that.

The way I see it, let me state the difference between the two scenarios. One is Very much possible and the other is Very much impossible. That said though, you're entitled to your opinion.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
        If I understand your post correctly, in your opinion trading JV/Bargnani for EK/Millsap is the same as trading JV for Wiggins. Not that anybody wouldn't do that(JV for Wiggins) IF the opportunity was there BUT how can you even begin to compare the two scenarios as being similar?

Matt thinking it's VERY possible is very supportive and thanks Matt for that.

The way I see it, let me state the difference between the two scenarios. One is Very much possible and the other is Very much impossible. That said though, you're entitled to your opinion.
        I didn't mean any direspect, perhaps my analogy wasn't a very good one. Maybe JV/Bargs for EK/Millsap isn't impossible, it's just very unlikely to happen IMO.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
          I didn't mean any direspect, perhaps my analogy wasn't a very good one. Maybe JV/Bargs for EK/Millsap isn't impossible, it's just very unlikely to happen IMO.
          No hard feelings Sir. Your replacement of the word 'unlikely' instead of 'impossible' is noted.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Jv's per 36 min: 13.5 ppg and 9.0 rpg, Ek per 36 min: 12.5 ppg and 10.7 rpg I still like JV but it's close now that i looked more into EK's game
            #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Jv's per 36 min: 13.5 ppg and 9.0 rpg, Ek per 36 min: 12.5 ppg and 10.7 rpg I still like JV but it's close now that i looked more into EK's game
              I agree, it is very close. Hopefully we get to see more of Kanter's game next season, if Jefferson or Millsap gets dealt.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Very good Solomon Alabi.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I can't believe I'm the only one who picked "fairly even" Haha.
                  Enes' 23/22 game, in only his Second Start, this past year was an impressive feat; and one Jonas would be happy to replicate.

Your numbers for Enes aren't actually correct though.
                  You took his Rebounding numbers from this year (12/13), but his Scoring numbers from last year (11/12).

Enes' Rookie Numbers Per 36 - 12.5pts & 11.5rpg & 0.9blocks (his numbers this year are 16.9, 10.2 & 1.1)
                  Jonas Rookie Numbers Per 36 - 13.5pts & 9.0rpb & 1.9block (I could see all 3 cats going up in his Sophomore year)

Looking at these, its fairly obvious Jonas holds the Defensive advantage over Enes is fairly obvious. This is why I'd pick Jonas. Age isn't a factor as they were born 18 days apart. Lol

*All Stats c/o BasketballReference.com
                  Last edited by Joey; Wed May 1, 2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I thought the telling stat that had been left out so far would be FT%. Very important for a big man down the stretch (or in the first quarter if you're D12). I was surprised to see that they were about even. The homer in me would have thought that was JV's edge

Comment

I don't know enough about Kanter to vote here, but I clicked "view results" so I could see the hilarious, homer-tastic overvaluing of JV... I was not disappointed.

But really, why are we even putting this poll up? People here would rather have JV than James freakin Harden.

This poll means nothing except that Raps fans are in love with JV. If we are trying to measure just how much JV is beloved/overvalued on this forum, a more interesting poll would be "who would you rather have?" JV vs Dwight, or JV vs Bosh, or JV vs Dirk. I still think people would vote JV over thse proven all-nba talents.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
                        I don't know enough about Kanter to vote here, but I clicked "view results" so I could see the hilarious, homer-tastic overvaluing of JV... I was not disappointed.

But really, why are we even putting this poll up? People here would rather have JV than James freakin Harden.

This poll means nothing except that Raps fans are in love with JV. If we are trying to measure just how much JV is beloved/overvalued on this forum, a more interesting poll would be "who would you rather have?" JV vs Dwight, or JV vs Bosh, or JV vs Dirk. I still think people would vote JV over thse proven all-nba talents.
                        Generally I agree with you, because I am such a person who essentially will not trade JV away.

But that aside, and I haven't even voted here (until now) because I don't think it's much of a debate.

I like Kanter. He has very good skills near the bucket and a nice touch in general. Every time I see him play though, he looks a little lazy and slow all around. Scoring and rebounding will never be a problem for him, but I question so-called intangibles, as well as physical aspects that combined with motor, give JV a huge advantage. I see Kanter being an Al Jefferson type player at best....good post scorer and rebounder....but a pretty mediocre defender, who doesn't have great length or speed.

JV just has many more tools all around, when you also consider the physical and intangible advantages. JV has the skill set, and body-type, to play so many different styles. He is an aggressive player at all times, and he tries hard on D, having made noticeable improvements within the season.

So basically, if you assume both players would put up something like 20 and 10 (in a best case scenario), then I take JV, because he'll do more other things that both do and don't show up in the boxscore.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu May 2, 2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

So you would take Dirk over Valanciunas and think we're homers if we disagree... That's laughable and I'll assume you know why.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            So you would take Dirk over Valanciunas and think we're homers if we disagree... That's laughable and I'll assume you know why.
                            I dare you to name 5 players you would trade JV to acquire.

Comment

I dare you to name 5 players you would trade JV to acquire.
                              LOL, would you really trade a 20 year old legit center in JV for a soon-to-be 35 year old Dirk? Are you high?

Comment

I would trade JV with no hesitation to acquire any of the three non-established stars below. Would you Soft Euro?

John Wall
                                DeMarcus Cousins
                                Anthony Davis

I like JV but I don't see the superstar in him.

Comment

Working...
                                X