Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Watch Thread-Canada Wins first Gold on Canadian Soil!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention we'll see if long track great Wotherspoon still has enough left in the tank for the men's 500m race today. The only event which I believe has eluded his great career as an Olympian.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      And more to come today Forty!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the snowboard cross is making its debut today where we have medal hopefuls on both the men's and women's teams.
      Yup! The snowboard cross starts at 5:30 pm Eastern time I think. Robert Fagan FTW! We're fourth in the medal standings right now, we should have a couple more by the end of the day.

Comment

Erik Guay is skiing right now for Canada.

Comment

Shit ... 2nd place right now just behind Bode Miller.

Comment

Canada is 4 for 4 in advancing to the quarterfinals in snowboard cross! Yeah baby I smell some medals!

Comment

Mike Robertson wins Silver in the snowboard cross! Well done!

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                Mike Robertson wins Silver in the snowboard cross! Well done!
                That was awesome, but man its too bad he couldn't of held his lead on Wescott. That would of been awesome because no one projected Robertson to make the final.

Comment

Another GOLD! Maelle Ricker took it home in the Ladies' Snowboard Cross. I didn't get to see much of the Torino games and I don't remember this event at all, but damn, what an exciting sport!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Another GOLD! Maelle Ricker took it home in the Ladies' Snowboard Cross. I didn't get to see much of the Torino games and I don't remember this event at all, but damn, what an exciting sport!
                    Yup. Snowboard cross is pretty exciting. Canada now stands 5th in the medal count with two gold, two silver and one bronze. Maelle Ricker was awesome! Gold baby gold!

Comment

Fuck ya, shit ya , hell ya .... anyone else pumped for the big game tonight?

The Americans are already flappin' their gums today with their talk about how much they hate the Canadians.

Do American players dislike the Canadians?

"Absolutely," said defenseman Jack Johnson of the Los Angeles Kings, who offered to fly out his three Team USA teammates to see his appearance in Opening Ceremonies but didn't extend the same courtesy to Team Canada's Drew Doughty of the Kings.

"It was a small plane. There was only room for a few," said Johnson, who hasn't spoken to Doughty in Vancouver.
                      "I hate them," said Ryan Kesler, U.S. center and a player for the Vancouver Canucks. "It's a big rivalry. I wouldn't say I hate them; you have respect for the other team, Canadians expect to win the gold and anything less is not good enough. It's going to be fun to try and knock them off."

Fun, but emotionally draining. Think about what's on the line when the teams meet: Medal round seeding and a bye; bragging rights between teammates, players, fans and families; defending home ice or seeking to embarrass the home team on it; avenging old losses, settling old scores and, for the Americans, seeking a level of respect in the eyes of the hockey world that only a win against the Canadians can provide.

They're fueled by that underdog desire for validation. If there's hatred in either locker room, as Kesler indicated, it's in the U.S. room.

"It's a big word. I don't hate people," said Team Canada goalie Martin Brodeur with a chuckle. "I think it's hockey. They're going to want to take something away from us, and we have to have that attitude to be ready for it and match what they're going to bring and then surpass it.

"If we know that they're hating us, we need to hate back, I guess."
                      Source - Click here

Comment

I'll be honest I'm not a fan of hockey at all-don't dislike it-just couldn't care less. But this game has piqued my interest. What with it being played during the Olympics on our soil and all the trash the Americans are saying about "hating" us. I'm definitely gonna watch this game. I love any opportunity to watch the Canadian teams stick it to the Americant's!

Fuck 'em!!

I'm pulling out my red ass Canadian toque and putting back a few cold Canadians during tonights game! We got this one.

Comment

Wow. Canada sucks. BOOOOOOOO Sad loss tonight. Put loungo in
                          Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

I'm still bleeding and hurt from last night. Ryan Miller showed why he's not only the best goalie in the NHL right now, but probably the best in the world too. WOW ... simply amazing. Kudos to him.

Comment

^^^

Yep I know. He is doing really good for my fantasy hockey team as well

Comment

Canada beats Russia and Canada grabs the Gold and Silver in Womens Bobsliegh. Good day today

Comment

Working...
                                X