Pick Up Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick Up Basketball

Hey guys. I'm looking to get a regular game going over the course of the summer.

Just seeing who is interested. I'm located right down town near Yonge & Bloor.

Looking for people who are adults or close enough to adults that they wont cry when I foul them :P

I would say my skill level is somewhere around a guy that could play backup minutes on a Fanshawe College like school team....about 40 lbs ago.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

thead wrote: View Post
    Hey guys. I'm looking to get a regular game going over the course of the summer.

Just seeing who is interested. I'm located right down town near Yonge & Bloor.

Looking for people who are adults or close enough to adults that they wont cry when I foul them :P

I would say my skill level is somewhere around a guy that could play backup minutes on a Fanshawe College like school team....about 40 lbs ago.
    I'm up at Yonge and Eglinton and there is a GREAT community center just West of Yonge on Eglinton.
    Has some solid pick up games. Usually quite a few guys there playing too. I try to go at least once a week.

Also a couple out door courts around, but you don't get as good competition.
    Also not sure if there is anything around Yonge and Bloor? You know?

Comment

Not too familiar with the bball community in TO yet. I stopped playing about three years ago...(see ankle picture) But I'm getting fat(ter) now and something needs to be done about it. I'm good for outdoor or indoor. What nights are the games (I may need to run for a few weeks before I'm up to much competition.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

What's the charge?

Comment

If you guys fly down to Vancouver, or buy me a ticket to Toronto, I'm down.

You wouldn't have to worry about me crying, if anything, the way I play offensively (Lowry-like/Alvin Williams-like), a point guard in the paint, I'll make you cry.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Not too familiar with the bball community in TO yet. I stopped playing about three years ago...(see ankle picture) But I'm getting fat(ter) now and something needs to be done about it. I'm good for outdoor or indoor. What nights are the games (I may need to run for a few weeks before I'm up to much competition.
            They change the schedule up every season, and I haven't been yet this summer since I actually just changed jobs. So its been pretty crazy. But I'll get the schedule and let you know. I'm needing to get back on the court myself.

What's the charge?
            $2 a Run.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Also a couple out door courts around, but you don't get as good competition.
              Also not sure if there is anything around Yonge and Bloor? You know?
              There's a small outdoor court at Jesse Ketchum Public School right at Bay & Davenport.. it's an EASY walk from Yonge and Bloor... just go west from the Canadian Tire on Davenport, and the it's across the street right when it intersects with Bay

you might have to fight off some hipsters playing in their lumberjack shirts though.

Comment

http://www.hoopdome.com/

They should have something.

Comment

Working...
                X