Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig wrote: View Post
    Oh man what a glorious day.
    Sadly, just for Raptors fans.

#PrayForOklahoma

Comment

• Tough spot

We need to remember that Ujiri got off to a great start with the Melo trade in Denver. If he comes here he won't have that kind of asset to move. Toronto is a tougher gig.

bobbybutler wrote: View Post
      Koufos- Ujiri trade
      Faried- Ujiri pick
      Gallinari- Ujiri trade
      Iguodala- Ujiri trade
      Lawson
      McGee- Ujiri trade
      Chandler- Ujiri trade
      Brewer- Ujiri trade
      Fournier- Ujiri pick
      Miller- Ujiri trade
      No doubt he's a hot commodity. I'm curious how he could possibly turn the Raptors around quickly. If he can get decent value for Bargnani right now I'd be amazed.

Comment

• Larry Bird is the guy they SHOULD pursue.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Larry Bird is the guy they SHOULD pursue.
          Bird retired from the Indiana gig citing health problems. What makes you think he'd want to come back now?

Comment

• Basketball operations is separate from other business functions like marketing, corporate partnerships, etc. Bryan Colangelo's knack for BS'ing can go well in marketing and he strikes me as someone who excels in the boardroom with his confident boardroom bullsh!t. No shame in moving on to a different position with the company and I actually think he would be useful as an executive behind the scenes, taking care of some business function -- whether its corporate sales, marketing & ticket sales, community relations, media relations, finance -- for the ever expanding juggernaut that is the MLSE.

I'm happy that the Raptors can get a fresh GM with different ideas and philosophy && BC should be happy that he only needs to BS the board room -- & not the fans. I wish him well in his new role.
            Last edited by torch19; Mon May 20, 2013, 11:02 PM.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
              Phil Jackson is proud of you, young zen master!

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you when you wrote that Primer's question was unfair (or loaded).
              Thanks very much Sir.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                No shame in moving on to a different position with the company and I actually think he would be useful as an executive behind the scenes, taking care of some business function -- whether its corporate sales, marketing & ticket sales, community relations, media relations, finance -- for the ever expanding juggernaut that is the MLSE.
                I was actually surprised about his reported move to another position in the Organisation. Knowing his ego, it seems uncharacteristic. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Larry Bird is the guy they SHOULD pursue.
                  The same one who said Jerry Sloan and Phil Jackson in Toronto would be totally unrealistic.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Sadly, just for Raptors fans.

#PrayForOklahoma
                    What are you talking about?

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                      What are you talking about?
                      They are dealing with some pretty bad tornadoes right now, lots of houses destroyed and people hurt.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
                        They are dealing with some pretty bad tornadoes right now, lots of houses destroyed and people hurt.
                        This is even a massive understatement.
                        Some of the destruction in Oklahoma has been some of the most horrific things I've ever seen.

It literally ripped down a Hospital and two Elementary schools in the same town.

Comment

• Via RealGM, Grange is reporting that Colangelo will stay on as President. New GM will report to Lieweke.

I have no idea what is going on here.....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Via RealGM, Grange is reporting that Colangelo will stay on as President. New GM will report to Lieweke.

I have no idea what is going on here.....
                            As president of what?
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Leiweke conference call on NBATV Canada right now.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                                As president of what?
                                Of the Raps

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ors-president/

Comment

Working...
                                X