Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    i'm pretty sure they just don't want to ax casey when they'd have to pay him, and this year is going to be a write off anyways. he's going to shape the roster a little bit and probably start making the big, franchise moves next year.
    I just feel like with all the talk of MLSE being big spenders, firing a coach with one year left on his deal wouldn't be such a big issue if Ujiri felt like he wasn't the right guy. I really don't think Casey's reputation is nearly as bad around the league as it is on these forums. I think if you give Casey a team built like the team he had in Dallas, he would be able to get them to contender status. That wasn't even all that talented a team, so coaching clearly played a big part in their success.

Comment

• Casey was a darling of the league before getting on a plane for Toronto. I don't know if he'll get another head coaching gig after this one. That's two strikes.

Comment

• Ujiri "We wont be talking playoffs till the 2018 season, we are doing a serious rebuild again no promises but playoffs definitely by 2024"

Raptor Fans YESSSSSS UJIRI UJIRI UJIRI!

BC: DAFUQ?

Comment

• Day of Reckoning approaches.

Comment

• Attention Raptor employees!

You may breathe in 48 hours if you are still permitted on the premises and have not been given a cardboard box.

Comment

• League sources say the Raptors have already conducted initial interviews with assistant coach hopefuls Nick Nurse of the Rio Grande Vipers of the D League, former Raptor and current Brooklyn assistant Popeye Jones and ex-NBAer Tyronn Lue. Whether those three have to be re-interviewed once Ujiri is on the job full-time remains to be seen but the future of the current staff is cloudier than it’s ever been
              Presumably, Casey picks his own staff.

I have no evidence to support this contention but I have felt for a few years now like the head coaches here were ill-served by the various groups of assistants. So, I wouldn't mind seeing some new blood on and behind the bench...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Presumably, Casey picks his own staff.

I have no evidence to support this contention but I have felt for a few years now like the head coaches here were ill-served by the various groups of assistants. So, I wouldn't mind seeing some new blood on and behind the bench...
                slaw you need to post more from now on.

Comment

• Press conference tomorrow at 11am EST

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    He's better than anyone who has ever coached the Raptors, so yeah, I'm a little surprised that suddenly we're going to get particular about coaches.
                    I couldn't agree more more. I mean it's like how the Denver Nuggets say that George Karl is absolute trash when they have absolutely no idea what a trashy coach really is. We've never had a highly respectable coach in the NBA before. He'll easily be the best coach we ever had, so we have no reason to be picky especially since it's hard enough for us to get a highly sought out coach!

Comment

• To be honest, it's actually really surprising how much Nuggets fans hate George Karl to the point where I even saw someone post this: "Masai, do us a solid and trade us Casey for George Karl… We’ll throw in Andre Miller." I would do that trade in a heartbeat!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        If Ujiri does keep Casey around for the season then he probably serves as his year 1 scapegoat.
                        Are you expecting the Raptors to fail next season?

It seems to me predicting failure is a tad premature, no?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          slaw you need to post more from now on.
                          You like his new avatar?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            You like his new avatar?
                            Does he have a new avatar?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Ron Jeremy?
                              Who the hell is Ron Jeremy? I've absolutely never ever heard of that guy before.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                Who the hell is Ron Jeremy? I've absolutely never ever heard of that guy before.
                                http://www.youtube.com/embed/CGa5ZOqvjNQ

You're welcome.
                                Last edited by Quirk; Mon Jun 3, 2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X