Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooooh. Ujiri? the guy that forced Colangelo to trade for Solomon Alibi? definitely a great talent evaluator. How'd that work out anyhow?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Oooooh. Ujiri? the guy that forced Colangelo to trade for Solomon Alibi? definitely a great talent evaluator. How'd that work out anyhow?
      Lol I could see him picking Oladipo with a top 3 pick.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KEEP Colangelo. Let him finish what he started here.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

KEEP Colangelo. Let him finish what he started here.
          I keep hearing this. Could you explain why this matters?

Comment

• There's enough there to tease Massai for sure, but the one thing that he has done in Denver that has to be respected is create a clear organizational philosophy in Denver. With no true star he has brought in a team that takes advantage of the high altitude with their personnel. That's miles ahead of BC. I don't see all those African players in Denver so the quips over that stuff looks silly. He's good, knows the staff, and knows the city.

My issue is that like BC Massai is fully capable of building a playoff team but can he take the next step and build a team with the intent to win a title? There's a difference for sure.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
              I'm not sure I want this Ujiri guy. I fear that it's going to be the Colangelo situation all over again..
              Well, he is Colangelo's protege so...yeah you might be right.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                ...can he take the next step and build a team with the intent to win a title? There's a difference for sure.
                You could argue there are only 4 of these in the whole league. Quite frankly, my minimum requirement is somewhat below a team that can win the title.

Let's see the Raps get into the playoffs, then maybe make it into the second round, then maybe get to the conference final before we demand to see a team winning the title.

Comment

I'm not sure I want this Ujiri guy. I fear that it's going to be the Colangelo situation all over again..
                  Have you followed Denver at all? Do some research, he is not Colangelo, not even close.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    You could argue there are only 4 of these in the whole league. Quite frankly, my minimum requirement is somewhat below a team that can win the title.

Let's see the Raps get into the playoffs, then maybe make it into the second round, then maybe get to the conference final before we demand to see a team winning the title.
                    yeah just to see a team that is capable of having a .500+ season would be nice. To be able to watch the season and know that you will see more wins than loses would be nice after the past 5 years.

I would want them to be competitive in the playoffs or it's all for naught but the season is where the bulk of our entertainment comes from.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Have you followed Denver at all? Do some research, he is not Colangelo, not even close.
                      If one followed what Ujiri has done in Denver, he'd find that he's been GM for two years, took them to the play offs both years, winning Executive of the year once. Impressive indeed. If one had followed Phoenix before Colangelo came to Toronto, he would have found that Colangelo took Phoenix to the play offs in 8 of 9 years he was at the helm winning Executive of the year once. Even more impressive.

The point is neither one of them are bad executives. I'm not against hiring Ujiri but I'm not against retaining Colangelo either. By not trading Bosh when he should have, he dug a hole(the last 3 years) which he seems to have recovered from. I say, give him a final chance.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

KEEP Colangelo. Let him finish what he started here.
                        Colangelo doesn't know what he started though... He had no plan. He "starts" something new every season. That's his problem.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                          If one followed what Ujiri has done in Denver, he'd find that he's been GM for two years, took them to the play offs both years, winning Executive of the year once. Impressive indeed. If one had followed Phoenix before Colangelo came to Toronto, he would have found that Colangelo took Phoenix to the play offs in 8 of 9 years he was at the helm winning Executive of the year once. Even more impressive.

The point is neither one of them are bad executives. I'm not against hiring Ujiri but I'm not against retaining Colangelo either. By not trading Bosh when he should have, he dug a hole(the last 3 years) which he seems to have recovered from. I say, give him a final chance.
                          BC can have his career resurgence somewhere else. They didn't bring in Leiweke to have him sit on his hands. It's time to get a fresh face at GM, BC's time has run in Toronto.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            BC can have his career resurgence somewhere else. They didn't bring in Leiweke to have him sit on his hands. It's time to get a fresh face at GM, BC's time has run in Toronto.
                            You want rid of Colangelo that bad that your basically willing to let him build another team into a winner..?
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

You want rid of Colangelo that bad that your basically willing to let him build another team into a winner..?
                              What makes you think he can build any team into a winner? Are you advocating keeping Colangelo just so other teams can't hire him?

Colangelo has run his course in Toronto, and it was a rather disappointing run. All of the replacements mentioned would be big upgrades over BC, so I don't see why you're so hesitant to let him go.

Comment

• You guys give Massai too much credit. He walked into a playoff team. A team with a superstar that wanted to leave to the deepest team in the league at the time(NYK). Trade wasn't brilliant it was just obvious. I will give him credit for the Iggy trade but, what did that get him 1st round exist.

If Massai gets this job he will just be walking into another perfect situation. With an already assembled playoff team.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X