Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I heard
      doug Smith on Tim and Sid at like the begginging of the week say a deal would be done by the end of friday..
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Remember the time that Pritchard signed Hedo to an offer sheet and BC outbidded him?

THEY COULD WORK TOGETHER!
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

This good news. Earlier this week this dude was saying that there was no way Denver would lose Ujiri.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Yep. His first major decision (i.e. to get rid of Colangelo) resulted in him.... not really being able to get rid of Colangelo. He was clearly forced to acquiesce to other's wishes by keeping BC on in any capacity. Just listen to the guy..... This does not necessarily bode well.

Remember, BC said a lot of the same things 7 years ago. Give the new ownership group a couple of years and let's see what they do with a new management team in charge of the Raps. Leiweke talks a great game. So did a lot of guys.
              im pretty sure nobody actually remembers "the talk", only the actions. and when colangelo came in, we made playoffs twice (granted in a garbage eastern conference).

and i still dont understand your fascination with colangelo's new position. hes gone. hes not doing anything for the roster. why do you still care?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                This good news. Earlier this week this dude was saying that there was no way Denver would lose Ujiri.
                LOL....anything for a re-tweet

Comment

• Looks like the offer has been upped to $3M per for Ujiri. That's... a lot of money. He'll be making more than some of the players!
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Did Leiweke hold on to BC's ear while speaking with Ujiri at the meeting? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• Lets hope this is final by Monday cause right now Raps are standing still, need the new GM to get in get situated and start looking at the roster and what he wants to do.... Cause after this head coach needs to be addressed.... Seriously cant stress the importance of this new GM coming in fast.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Looks like the offer has been upped to $3M per for Ujiri. That's... a lot of money. He'll be making more than some of the players!
                        Wasn't BC paid $5M when he came from Phoenix?

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I really do not want Ujiri.

Firstly, you've got the connection with Colangelo which I don't like. If you are keeping Colangelo around, keep him out of the basketball side of things as you have said.

Secondly, his contracts are very generous and that reminds me of a certain someone. Gallinari, Chandler, McGee/Nene, Afflalo, offer sheet to Mbah a Moute.

Thirdly, Solomon Alabi. Although his affinity for Nigerian players might help get a guy I've always wanted in a Raps uniform: Al-Farouq Aminu.

He does has strengths though, I am trying to be objective here:

1) trades: certainly creative (AI) and opportunistic (2nd rd pick/Carroll for Fernandez/Brewer) and calculated (Afflalo resigning and trade, same with Nene) and maximize assets (Felton turned in to Miller and Hamilton).

2) draft: Finding quality players in the low 20's is impressive - he has done it twice in Faried and Fournier.

Here is his full resume in Denver:

http://hoopshype.com/general_managers/masai_ujiri.htm
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri May 24, 2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• "MIAMI -- The Toronto Raptors have asked permission to interview Pacers general manager Kevin Pritchard to head up their basketball operations, league sources told CBSSports.com on Friday."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...evin-pritchard

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              The more I think about it, the more I really do not want Ujiri.

Firstly, you've got the connection with Colangelo which I don't like. If you are keeping Colangelo around, keep him out of the basketball side of things as you have said.

Secondly, his contracts are very generous and that reminds me of a certain someone. Gallinari, Chandler, McGee/Nene, Afflalo, offer sheet to Mbah a Moute.

Thirdly, Solomon Alabi. Although his affinity for Nigerian players might help get a guy I've always wanted in a Raps uniform: Al-Farouq Aminu.

He does has strengths though, I am trying to be objective here:

1) trades: certainly creative (AI) and opportunistic (2nd rd pick/Carroll for Fernandez/Brewer) and calculated (Afflalo resigning and trade, same with Nene) and maximize assets (Felton turned in to Miller and Hamilton).

2) draft: Finding quality players in the low 20's is impressive - he has done it twice in Faried and Fournier.

Here is his full resume in Denver:

http://hoopshype.com/general_managers/masai_ujiri.htm

Well maybe the bold is unfounded speculative bullshit on the part of an anonymous forum poster:

Masai Ujiri
                              General manager, Denver Nuggets

The reigning league executive of the year, Ujiri served under Colangelo as the Raptors’ director of director of global scouting and then assistant general manager. He took over the Nuggets in 2010, and handled the trade of Carmelo Anthony, who wanted out of Denver, deftly. He also signed Aaron Afflalo and Nene to expensive contract extensions and traded them in short order, something that might be necessary with the Raptors, given their surplus of long-term commitments to players. Despite his relationship with Colangelo, he reportedly disagreed often with the Raptors GM, just as Stefanski did, while working under him. Ujiri is not under contract with the Nuggets for next season.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...as-raptors-gm/

Comment

• "Despite his relationship with Colangelo, he reportedly disagreed often with the Raptors GM, just as Stefanski did, while working under him."

Best news I've heard in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X