Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to celebrate!. He'll fit in business side role, for sure.

Comment

• I don't mind this.. I think it's a way for MLSE to keep Bryan on the payroll until he finds another basketball role somewhere else in the league.

Comment

• http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/05/c...h-raptors.html

Comment

• I agree with decision. He made sure of Raptors being active in charities and community. He'll fit in this role. Thank god he's out of basketball operations!

Comment

• Didn't Burke get a similar deal from MLSE? Allowing him to stay on as an executive at MLSE but that only lasted a few months. I would be surprised if Bryan was still in Toronto by this time next year.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              I think the Melo situation was good enough of an indicator to see he has a good eye for talent, and can get the best out of any situation. To summarize, Afflalo to Iguodala is amazing, seriously. One player (Melo) turning into multiple assets, and drafted well in their recent past positions.

If Ujiri was handed the Bargnani situation, I'd have no concern on what type of players/contracts/assets we are receiving.
              Exactly. Ujiri is the kind of guy that could turn Bargs into a few role players and a late draft pick.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                By stating a hypothetical situation, I was trying to help you see what caused the confusion. I'm trying to be helpful not difficult.
                I see from your comment above you were in favor of keeping BC. Are you upset now that he's been officially removed from the GM role? Now that he's out of the way, who do you want them to hire to replace BC as GM?

-Getting you back on track

Comment

• Sounds like a placeholder until BC gets a new GM gig somewhere else. Thankfully it's non basketball related so no more worrying about BC messing things up. We can blame the new GM for all future mistakes.

Comment

• JasonS wrote: View Post
                    Don't go for it MLSE...go after another GM, i have an ominous feeling about this.

Ujiri made made some fairly good trades but Denver as it is now are a pseudo-contending team that are aesthetically pleasing to watch. I want someone who will build through the draft and ditch Bargs, Lowry and Gay.
                    What Ujiri did with Denver was pretty damn amazing in my opinion. If Gallinari was healthy it could easily be Denver in the Western Conference finals. You blow it up guys are getting ridiculous. How many #1 draft picks do we need to be able to beat Miami? With your plan maybe we can contend when Lebron retires in 10 years.....

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Are you upset now that he's been officially removed from the GM role?
                      Upset are those who can't accept.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Why can't this team just let go of guys? First Triano, and now Colangelo?

Why do we need him in the business aspect of this team?
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          Why can't this team just let go of guys? First Triano, and now Colangelo?

Why do we need him in the business aspect of this team?
                          It depends on how MLSE decided his future. Most likely by voting, that means he convinced someone that he's still have something to offer to this org. It's simple.

And why do we need him in the business aspect... well, he was the face in this team for the past years, he worked with charities and community, but I feel the same way like you do. I don't go back to my girlfriend if I break up with her.

Comment

• We did let Triano go. He's an assistant for Portland now...

Comment

• WTF is this? Maybe Lieweke likes the smell of BC's lotion. Maybe it's a precondition to Ujiri coming on board...he seems to have a soft spot for BC (gave him his first big break). But a non basketball role? Hmmm...exec. asst. to Leiweke? ...they can exchange corporate buzzwords. I am looking forward to hearing them spin this move.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                We did let Triano go. He's an assistant for Portland now...
                                Yes, but originally he stayed as the vice-head of pro scouting.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X