Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ujiri cleaning out everything not nailed down

As per Woj, Stefanski is out as Asst GM. Masai already starting his housecleaning. I like it.

@WojYahooNBA: In Masai Ujiri's first move, Ed Stefanski -- who held the GM title in Toronto -- has been let go, league sources tell Y! Sports.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

• RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
      As per Woj, Stefanski is out as Asst GM. Masai already starting his housecleaning. I like it.

@WojYahooNBA: In Masai Ujiri's first move, Ed Stefanski -- who held the GM title in Toronto -- has been let go, league sources tell Y! Sports.
      What? Why do they get things wrong about Toronto even in tweets? Stefanski had some ludicrous title like exec-VP for bball operations. BC had the title of GM since the day he got here.

Comment

• He was co-GM wasn't he?

Anyways, I think Ujiri is gonna clean house. I hope he keeps Mchennie though.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Yeah he didn't correct it in a later tweet or anything, but I'm assuming he overlooked the Asst. part. But that may be a hopeful assumption on my part...

@clericalbeats

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            He was co-GM wasn't he?

Anyways, I think Ujiri is gonna clean house. I hope he keeps Mchennie though.

I think he will. Also think he'll keep the analytics crew. His style.

@clericalbeats

Comment

• For a guy who isnt even in Toronto yet he is working fast I love it!

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to hear who he replaces him with.

Side note: Colangelo must be pretty miserable right now. Every slash Ujiri makes will be a reminder of all the bad moves Colangelo has made. I don't think he'll be in Toronto any longer than necessary.

Comment

• Yeah, also it should be noted that Stefanski probably didn't want to stay. He took a demotion coming to Toronto since he was the GM in Philly. I'm pretty sure he was hoping to get the GM job after BC. He'll probably go looking for a situation where he's either GM, or like in Toronto, 2nd in command so he's one step away from being in control.

Comment

• I heard Clipps are going after Jeff Van Gundy. I like George Karl but I dont want him coaching the Raps I'd rather keep Casey just hire some better ast around him.

Comment

• Kevin O'Neil, Sam Mitchell, Dwayne Casey... If Casey goes, and I think he will, I want the next coach to be established. No offense to Chauncey Billups but that's big talk for someone who's never coached and is criticizing a highly experience, highly accomplished head coach. Based on how Denver has played since Karl has led the team he's doing something right.

Comment

• Au revoir Stefanski!

He'll be hired by other team soon, that's for sure.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Anyone hear about a Ujiri press conference? Monday? I would have thought they would have organized something by now.
                          he will definitely have a presser but no one has reported time/date yet.

Comment

• He's only made it out of the first round 8 of 22 times he's gone to the playoffs.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              If Leiweke needed advice from anyone that we're not just a piece away, they hired the wrong man.
                              elaborate?
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                                He's only made it out of the first round 8 of 22 times he's gone to the playoffs.
                                Have his teams been more talented than his opponents, or less talented? It's not just the coach. considering that the coach has to play with players the GM gets, and the GM is limited by how much the owners are willing to spend, I would say coach is in the lower half of the "influencers" in any teams eventual success or failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X