Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Lowry for this year's #12 overall selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You are right.

I have not seen a lot of college ball this year.

Not sure how a 6'2" SG excels in the NBA. I don't think he has PG skills to even be called combo.

I see millions in his future made in Europe.
    Agreed. They LOVE shooters overseas.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Still, all my point is if we aren't going to get a draft pick Curry would be a good compensation if he goes un-drafted. It's low risk also. Not like the guy can't develop point guard handles, he's shown that he has some already. Plus he averaged 17ppg this season.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/.../gamelog/2013/

Pretty nice game log. But whatever, it probably won't happen.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Still, all my point is if we aren't going to get a draft pick Curry would be a good compensation if he goes un-drafted. It's low risk also. Not like the guy can't develop point guard handles, he's shown that he has some already. Plus he averaged 17ppg this season.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/.../gamelog/2013/

Pretty nice game log. But whatever, it probably won't happen.
        2 of his top 5 scoring games came in the national tourney. That's pretty impressive.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

It's not like we don't have the money or the space on the team for him.

Comment

If you can shoot you can make it in the NBA.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Andy Rautins!
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                I still have a chance

Comment

No, like I said when this deal was announced I'd much rather we overpay for Dragic and keep our draft pick rather than get Lowry. Lowry has done nothing to change my opinion. He's not that great and he proved his court vision and decision making isn't that amazing.

Comment

He had a pretty bad season compared to how he played in Houston but I don't think we should write the guy off just yet. This offseason should probably (I hope) do him some good. Just as it should for everyone.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      No, like I said when this deal was announced I'd much rather we overpay for Dragic and keep our draft pick rather than get Lowry. Lowry has done nothing to change my opinion. He's not that great and he proved his court vision and decision making isn't that amazing.
                      +1 I think Lowry is slightly better than Dragic -- but I wish we had given Fields contract to Lin or Dragic. We would of had the pick, we would of had a starting PG, we wouldn't have Fields contract (the Nash gamble would of be another case of Jermaine O'Neal anyways) and we probably wouldn't of made a desperation play for Gay.

Comment

Doug Smith's blog mentioned that BC, Stefanski and the rest of the team are at the combine and have spoken with Shabazz Mohammed. Now if he was available with the 12th pick I may reconsider the Lowry trade. There has been mention of Shabazz' stock dropping due to attitude problem, and also about lieing about his age, so perhaps he could drop to 12 or even lower. I don't know much about him, but he seems like a natural scorer.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Doug Smith's blog mentioned that BC, Stefanski and the rest of the team are at the combine and have spoken with Shabazz Mohammed. Now if he was available with the 12th pick I may reconsider the Lowry trade. There has been mention of Shabazz' stock dropping due to attitude problem, and also about lieing about his age, so perhaps he could drop to 12 or even lower. I don't know much about him, but he seems like a natural scorer.
                          6'6" but plays mostly SF. Decent jumpshooter and pretty good rebounder for his size, and can also post up the odd time. He has a really weak right hand though, which can make him kinda predictable in isolation.

That's just from me watching Bruins games over the course of the year.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            It's extremely unlikely he's going to fall out of the top 5.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              It's extremely unlikely he's going to fall out of the top 5.
                              Most mock drafts have him around the #10 spot right now for what it's worth.

Comment

Sullinger was drafted 21st, and PJ3 28th.. and they were both expected to be in the top 10 too. Draft stocks can drop rapidly for a variety of reasons, and him lying about his age could be a big deal for a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                                X