Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kleiza & Gray picked up their player options

Unsurprising news.

Anyone have information about Linas status? Is he healthy or not?

Kleiza could be useful in making a deal happen. Teams will be looking at attempting to shed salary due to tax implications and his roughly 5 million dollar expiring deal could mean up to 15 million in tax relief to some teams.

In other words we might be able to save the amnesty for Bargs
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      Kleiza could be useful in making a deal happen. Teams will be looking at attempting to shed salary due to tax implications and his roughly 5 million dollar expiring deal could mean up to 15 million in tax relief to some teams.

In other words we might be able to save the amnesty for Bargs
      We're not going to amnesty Bargs. Why in the hell would we? It's been said a million times, and you being a mod there is no way you don't already know, but we don't get any cap space from amnestying bargs, we're just further away from the luxury tax. The only purpose it would serve is having us pay Bargs to play for someone else. I'd rather play him 15 minutes a game and get something for our money.

Comment

Bargs has value Klieza doesnt Bargs is still an asset to be used in something Raps organization isnt going to amnesty him.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Why in the hell would we?
          Just to be rid of him, and not have to take back anything terrible in order to do so.

It's been said a million times, and you being a mod there is no way you don't already know, but we don't get any cap space from amnestying bargs,
          Did I say it would free up cap space? Although it would for next summer (2014)

I'd rather play him 15 minutes a game and get something for our money.
          That's great. I'd rather play him no minutes and since its not my money I don't much care what they get for it.

This is off topic, but Bargs isn't even useful as an expiring contract this year. He's a 4 million dollar bench big getting paid 11 - 12.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            It's been said a million times, and you being a mod there is no way you don't already know
            He's Moderator of Raptors Republic not an Executive of the Toronto Raptors. As per a later post, obviously he knows but if he didn't, it's understandable.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
            X