Lotto time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Oladipo will def be Tony Allen 2.0. Freakish defensive presence but useless on offense. Not sure I'd take him top 3 in the draft though.
    disagree. oladipo shot 60% from the field and 44% from 3, which are percentages tony allen has never approached. on the flip side, no one is tony allen on defense and oladipo won't be either.

comparison i saw in a chat the other day is iguodala, which i think works better.
    Last edited by chris; Mon May 20, 2013, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
      I don't wanna win. This draft is weak, let's get rid of the OKC debt once and for all. At the very least we'll get our ability to trade 1st round picks back.
      i don't understand this viewpoint unless you're sure the new GM will tear everything down and tank hard next year. if we go into the season with this core where do you think we'll be picking? i'd guess 10 to 16... would you rather have that than 1 to 3 this year?

i wouldn't. i'd take trey burke 1, 2, or 3, and then i'd do cartwheels and feel truly optimistic about this franchise for the first time in more than ten years. think his floor is borderline all star. reminds me of ty lawson if ty lawson was a better point guard. a little bigger but less explosive.

i also like oladipo and porter but think they're poor fits with our roster as it currently stands, and wouldn't be very excited about noel unless we flipped him for a future top five pick.
      Last edited by chris; Mon May 20, 2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Anthony Bennett has been invited to the draft Lottery tomorrow.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Burke at the third pick.

1 or 2 I would look to trade down.

Another option would be what does attaching bargnani to the pick do for you?

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            I think if we win (not bloody likely) It may be in our best interest to trade down..... or at least look at that possibility.
            +1 agree. if we win we can trade down and send bargs out in the package.

Comment

Will the draft lottery be televised?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

There is a link up for the lottery on first row sports.

http://www.firstrow1.eu/sport/basketball.html

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  So I know we have a 0.7 chance of winning the lottery. If there was ever chance for the raptors to win into the top 3 it would be the weakest draft in years. My question fur y'all if we did who would you pick with 1, 2 and 3 pick.

With 1 pick I would have to go with Noel. A front court of him and JV is just too tempting for me. I know his injuries and weighted in at 206 lbs but, he has the most potential. I feel like are team is in position to wait for him. We really don't need a productive rookie this year. He could take the whole year off a la Derrick Rose.

For the other 2 picks I would go with Victor Oladipo. I have developed a serious man crush on this dude. I'm a huge DD support so you know it would take a lot for me to support a would be successor of his. I just feel like he would be a perfect fit next to Rudy. Hands down the best defensive player in this draft. His motor doesn't stop and be has a crazy work ethic. Really smart got his degree in three years. Did I mention that his an athletic freak! Measure out 6'4.25" in shoes with a 6'9.25" and a 42 inch max vert. He got better every year in college. At worst he will be Tony Allen but, he is currently already a better offensively player that TA. I know it's crazy for the raptors to draft another wing player but, with a new GM I can see him taking care of our wings issue. There is just too much money there and to many assets not to use them. I'm done with my rant.

Can some tell if any team has ever won the lottery with a 0.7 chance or less?
                  If the Raptors won the first pick in the draft I would probably trade down to the second or third pick and go with McLemore. His shooting ability is sorely needed on the Raptors and he theoretically should compliment Gay better than both DeRozan and Oladipo.

If we were picking based on potential only and not based on need then I would go with Noel first, and then either Oladipo or McLemore. I get this feeling though that the best player in this draft may not even be from the top 5.

Comment

So BC, despite being removed from basketball side of things, is still representing the club at the draft lottery....What the hell...?

Comment

Yeah, that has to be pretty embarassing for him with news out, of him being releived of GM duties? I'm surprised they didn't go with Casey or Amir or just about anyone else to save him the indiginity. At times like this I wonder what the message MLSE is sending to fans and the rest of the league.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, that has to be pretty embarassing for him with news out, of him being releived of GM duties? I'm surprised they didn't go with Casey or Amir or just about anyone else to save him the indiginity. At times like this I wonder what the message MLSE is sending to fans and the rest of the league.
                        Yeah...shaking my head because of that....

Comment

Hes not GM but hes still with MLSE not embarrassing in my opinion BC is still stacking cash lol. BCs current contract wasnt picked up or extended he isnt officially out of the GM seat till June 30th right?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            If the Raptors won the first pick in the draft I would probably trade down to the second or third pick and go with McLemore. His shooting ability is sorely needed on the Raptors and he theoretically should compliment Gay better than both DeRozan and Oladipo.

If we were picking based on potential only and not based on need then I would go with Noel first, and then either Oladipo or McLemore. I get this feeling though that the best player in this draft may not even be from the top 5.
                            How can you explains drafting another 2 guard? Yes McLemore is a good shooter but, you could argue that the only thing he does better. I think the last thing we need is another rookie on the wing. I'm actually starting to hope that we don't win lotto now. If we do I hope we take Bennett. His the most NBA ready player but, I wonder if being a top3 pick in his hometown would be too much for the kid.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              Hes not GM but hes still with MLSE not embarrassing in my opinion BC is still stacking cash lol. BCs current contract wasnt picked up or extended he isnt officially out of the GM seat till June 30th right?
                              True, it's called being professional. If BC is one thing it's professional.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is anyone else absolutely terrified that we'll "win" a top 3 pick?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X