Lotto time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Is anyone else absolutely terrified that we'll "win" a top 3 pick?
    I am. A very tiny (and stupid) part of me still believes that a crazy scenario will give us the #1 pick next year, ala Chicago with Rose. Mediocre season leaving us out of the playoffs but with a microscopic chance of winning the lottery. And then BOOM, home kid "magically" lands in Toronto.

This scenario goes to the trash tonight if we move up to one of the first 3 picks : the NBA won't rig the whole thing twice for us.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Is anyone else absolutely terrified that we'll "win" a top 3 pick?
      A top 3 pick would be fantastic any year. Seriously, a top three pick this year should trump a likely mid first round pick next year, that is assuming the new GM does not blow it up.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Will the draft lottery be televised?
        It always is

Comment

We need NBA to rig it and give toronto a top 3 pick they cost us the playoffs come on pay back time........

Comment

I would GLADLY lose a draft pick this year over missing out on one in the next few years. A top 3 pick this year probably wouldn't even be in the lotto next year.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
              I am. A very tiny (and stupid) part of me still believes that a crazy scenario will give us the #1 pick next year, ala Chicago with Rose. Mediocre season leaving us out of the playoffs but with a microscopic chance of winning the lottery. And then BOOM, home kid "magically" lands in Toronto.

This scenario goes to the trash tonight if we move up to one of the first 3 picks : the NBA won't rig the whole thing twice for us.
              It's funny that the hometown kid was invited to the lottery last minute yesterday lol.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                How can you explains drafting another 2 guard? Yes McLemore is a good shooter but, you could argue that the only thing he does better. I think the last thing we need is another rookie on the wing. I'm actually starting to hope that we don't win lotto now. If we do I hope we take Bennett. His the most NBA ready player but, I wonder if being a top3 pick in his hometown would be too much for the kid.
                Simply, McLemore should theoretically compliment Gay better than DeMar would. If McLemore can play a Klay Thompson role and be a knockdown shooter then we may have more options on ofense. Right now it's a lot of iso plays with Gay and DD and they have nobody to kick it out to. Also that means DD becomes a more tradable asset which may help us if can package he and Bargnani to land Gasol or another PF.

The second bolded comment doesn't make much sense to me since anyone we draft would be a rookie. I think if I had a choice of having a rookie at the front court or back court I would go with the back court since the front court players are relied on so heavily for defense. Also, JV only has one year under his belt so would you prefer to have to unexperienced bigs in the front court?

Comment

Mclemore is no better than T Ross. Dude choked so hard during march madness
                  He tried comparing himself to Ray Allen, Dude isn't even close to Ray Allen in terms of shooting ablity

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Simply, McLemore should theoretically compliment Gay better than DeMar would. If McLemore can play a Klay Thompson role and be a knockdown shooter then we may have more options on ofense. Right now it's a lot of iso plays with Gay and DD and they have nobody to kick it out to. Also that means DD becomes a more tradable asset which may help us if can package he and Bargnani to land Gasol or another PF.

The second bolded comment doesn't make much sense to me since anyone we draft would be a rookie. I think if I had a choice of having a rookie at the front court or back court I would go with the back court since the front court players are relied on so heavily for defense. Also, JV only has one year under his belt so would you prefer to have to unexperienced bigs in the front court?
                    I would rather a more NBA ready player. The consensus is that Bennett is the most NBA ready player. I just would want a rookie in the most dangerous position in the league.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Bennett might have the strength and jump shot to be NBA ready, but he's absolutely lost on defense. I like him, but i wouldn't want to draft him.

As far as "NBA ready" goes, i'd say Mclemore, Muhhammad and Porter are the best. I'd roll with any of those dudes.

edit: i pray we don't win a top 3 pick tho
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        I would rather a more NBA ready player. The consensus is that Bennett is the most NBA ready player. I just would want a rookie in the most dangerous position in the league.
                        I'm cheering hard for Bennett to have a good career, but height scares me a bit. Few guys have the ability to shine when they are under sized...Barkley and Z-Bo are the ones that come to mind. Still it would be great to see a home town kid having success in the L.

Any chance you got the lowdown on his measurements from the combine? I'd be interested in seeing hou he measured up.

Comment

Bennett did not get measured at Chicago. I'm not sure he was there for interviews.

Comment

They don't need to win it to win:

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            The lowest percentage to ever win the lottery was the Magic in 1993. They had a 1.52% chance. Ended up picking Chris Webber.
                            phez wrote: View Post
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery

2011 Clippers 2.8%
                            2008 Bulls 1.7%
                            1993 Maging 1.5%
                            They don't need to win it to keep the pick.

Do you have the numbers on the worst chance team to win a top three pick?

Comment

I'm calling it now, Raptors will win tonight's lottery and get a top 3 pick #luckofthisteam
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Everyone should be hoping that they win it, are you kidding me?

Comment

Working...
                                X