No announcement yet.

Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be very disappointed if the team changes the name. Raptors is unique in the world of sporting names. If they want to be Canada's team, then they'll keep with the Red and White colour theme, but really this is all just window dressing for a bad team.

If they want to re-brand, start winning games. People in Canada aren't going to start being basketball fans to watch a mediocre (at best) team play. Become an integral part of Basketball Canada and the Steve Nash Youth program across the country. Every single child in the country should get some Raptors swag (even if its just the cheap towels with the logo) when they register for the SNY program in their community. They need to be a part of Canadians and not just the Toronto sports scene if they want to be Canada's team.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I will be very disappointed if the team changes the name. Raptors is unique in the world of sporting names. If they want to be Canada's team, then they'll keep with the Red and White colour theme, but really this is all just window dressing for a bad team.

If they want to re-brand, start winning games. People in Canada aren't going to start being basketball fans to watch a mediocre (at best) team play. Become an integral part of Basketball Canada and the Steve Nash Youth program across the country. Every single child in the country should get some Raptors swag (even if its just the cheap towels with the logo) when they register for the SNY program in their community. They need to be a part of Canadians and not just the Toronto sports scene if they want to be Canada's team.
      I agree.

The initial reasons for choosing the Raptors name was beyond stupid, but 18 years later, it's grown on me.

Besides, nobody is going to all-of-sudden start watching this team because they have a new logo and uniforms. Like others have said, winning cures all.

If MLSE wants Raptors fan across the country, give them a real reason to watch.

Comment

• Something like this is all they really need. I like that they got rid of the ugly basketball-bouncing dinosaur logo.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          Something like this is all they really need. I like that they got rid of the ugly basketball-bouncing dinosaur logo.
          Holy shit that looks sick! If you just add more detail to the Raptor and make it look more vicious then this would be the perfect new logo and jersey designs

Comment

• My Idea for the Toronto Huskies:

Comment

Something like this is all they really need. I like that they got rid of the ugly basketball-bouncing dinosaur logo.
              These look really sharp. Very impressed.

Comment

• Someone needs to do the Toronto Wolverines. I would but i don't have my laptop with me

Comment

• tsangstagangsta wrote: View Post
                  My Idea for the Toronto Huskies:

I used to be ok with the Huskies idea.....

-It's too similar to T'Wolves
                  -Worse than WOlverines for doubling with college teams
                  -No worthwhile history (the reason people frequently cite). One failed season is not history.

-AND most of all, I am absolutely against Huskies if it means bringing in a Blue and White jersey. I hate the idea of all teams sporting the same colours. That is so fucking unheard of in sports. Can we please have some distinction between our teams? Just because they all persistently suck/fail, doesn't mean they should all wear the same colours.

If you want the Raptors (or Huskies, or whoever they are) to be unique, and appeal to Canada, don't brand them the same way as the most hated sports team in Canada outside of Toronto.

*BTW I think the jersey/logo you slapped together is pretty awesome...Again, I just don't think it's the right direction for Toronto.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri May 24, 2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Awesome job dude! thats pretty awesome submit it to Sportsnet or something Huskies is the leading choice in the polls for the name. That logo is dope you have talent.

Comment

• I'm with whitemencan'tjump Wolverines ftw! If we're going to change it Wolverines or bust

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        I'm with whitemencan'tjump Wolverines ftw! If we're going to change it Wolverines or bust
                        I'd even be cool with Mammoths (I think @omgsomuchpotential's suggestion). They're extinct but at least they actually existed in Canada. They do not resemble any current team name/logo at all. They are an intriguing, powerful animal, and gigantic, so appropriate for a sport of giants.

Those are my 2 favorites...Wolverines and Mammoths

Comment

• Hmm Mammoths is ok too. If we're going prehistoric ice age, lets go Sabre tooth tigers

Comment

Take off the Canada flag and its great.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              Take off the Canada flag and its great.
                              I think everyone can get behind this. Canadian colours and images were never actually necessary. Lazy-ass marketing people. That's like the easiest answer to the "make this Canadian" statement...throw in some red and a maple leaf.

If they really want to make it Canada's team, what they really have to do is have a donut at Tim Horton's named after the Raptors (or any new team name). Might not be a bad idea to partner with Timmy Ho's on that for the 20th anniversary.

Comment

• This idea is sick. I'd be fine with leaving the name if it means we're switching to these uniforms...
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X