No announcement yet.

Raptors Re-Branding: Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you not like Raptors? If mascots were real life animals. Our Raptor would kill every other mascot therefore making us the superior team. That's how i look at things

Comment

the Tits. Until they show us otherwise.

Comment

Seriously though. Huskies or nothing.

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
          Seriously though. Huskies or nothing.
          The Toronto Nothings. I like it

Comment

I always thought we should be called the Toronto Towers, except I kind of wanted us to call our some-day NFL team that. Ask anyone outside Toronto what we're known for. Any non-snarky (or non-jealous) answer will include the CN Tower.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              Ahahahahaha !!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                How can you not like Raptors? If mascots were real life animals. Our Raptor would kill every other mascot therefore making us the superior team. That's how i look at things
                Haha yeah, I also think about that sometimes. The Celtics would get fucking bodied.

Comment

I like the name 'Raptors', but I don't really care if they change it or not. What matters to me is the atrocious colour scheme. That bloomy red we use burns my eyes.

Comment

Don't change the name and logo. Kevin Durant supported the Raptors cause of it!

Comment

jshchn wrote: View Post
                      Don't change the name and logo. Kevin Durant supported the Raptors cause of it!
                      Kevin Durant, and anyone of his age, supported the Raptors because of Vince Carter. He could've made a team called the Squirrels popular.

Seriously, I understand some people are attached, but it's a terrible name.

Oh, and the velociraptor is not some crazy vicious hunter like in Jurassic Park. Think more along the lines of a turkey with big claws...or a flightless hawk. Probably wouldn't try to attack a bigger animal, because it'd be too risky.

Comment

bring back these bad boys and go big on the team philosophy and the
                        Raptor as a dinosaur who hunts and kills as a pack. Get the kids and the hipsters into basketball.

Comment

Just bring back the pinstripes in general

Comment

agentRC4 wrote: View Post
                            bring back these bad boys and go big on the team philosophy and the
                            Raptor as a dinosaur who hunts and kills as a pack.
                            Sigh...movies are movies, not reality.

Although many isolated fossils of Velociraptor have been found in Mongolia, none were closely associated with any other individuals. Therefore, while Velociraptor is commonly depicted as a pack hunter, as in Jurassic Park, there is only limited fossil evidence to support this theory for dromaeosaurids in general, and none specific to Velociraptor itself. The pack hunting theory was based on a discovery of several specimens of Deinonychus found around the remains of a Tenontosaurus. No other group of dromaeosaurids has been found in close association.
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velociraptor
                            I checked what the original source was for this section and it's legit.

Comment

I'd be really pissed if they change the name 'Raptors.' It's a UNIQUE name, a bad ass name. And it's been their name for 20 years.

I'm also a big fan of their current logo(claw). And i don't have a problem with the jerseys either. I wouldn't mind bringing the purple back though.

The branding that this team needs to change is the product ON THE COURT. That's it.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Just stay away from the WNBA, we got nothin on the Houston Comets.

Comment

Working...
                                X