Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    hahahah, bitch, shut your life
    Bitch puhleaz name a time when I was a sissy(other than kissing Apollo's ass in the Bargnani thread)?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• tooo lazy, not bout searching for your sissy times
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

tooo lazy, not bout searching for your sissy times
        Booooooooo!
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• well you ball like one..
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

well you ball like one..
            Ya, well a little birdie told me you play like a 14-yr old girl

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
              Ya, well a little birdie told me you play like a 14-yr old girl
              your tryin to say i dont ball hard

Comment

• People complain about how threads like this veer way off- topic and stuff. But, examine that this is page 20 of a thread about changing the name of the team.

Is there anything of value that can be added to the discussion after 3 pages of people saying yes or no and why?

Like it's not going to reach 20 pages and be purely about the OP. And in an offseason as quiet as this there ain't much fresh on-topic discussion to be had.

Things will veer more on-topic when the season starts and if they don't than you should complain about it since there will be fresh things to talk about. But in the dog days of the off-season what exactly are you expecting?

If you don't like the discussion here. Take a hiatus and come back in October.

Comment

• shout out to the haters

Comment

• We selected the name 20 years ago and now were complaining about. If I was voting back then I probably would of gone with the raptors.

My thoughts are It's just a name. I have no opinion on it because I've never paid it much attention. Honestly, I don't like that there's no logos anymore on a lot of jerseys.

It just says the name and it's coloured. There's no design. Stick some sort of logo on there.

Comment

• Re-branding actually in serious consideration?

Today I was experiencing the normal summer depression stuff and then all of a sudden I ran into this:
                      ----------------------------------------
                      A cut out from Smith's blog
                      ----------------------------------------
                      You folks are pretty good.

Way back when the notion of “re-branding” the Raptors came up, the Tall Foreheads at our place figured it’d be kind of cool to ask the readers to do the work for them.

Now, for some reason known only to the TFs (Tall Foreheads), they had me join a fashion designer and Amir Johnson in “judging” them and since I was pretty much the brown shoes at that black-tie affair, I should probably be absolved of all responsibility.

But you’ll get to see the fruits of our labour – and yours – later on today (not sure what time but it’s a print and video bonanza) and I will only tell you this:

Fewer of you wanted to change the name than I expected and a lot of you are really talented.

--------------------------------------

It's pretty cool that they are actually considering a re-branding movement ...

With Amir being one of the judges for the re-branding ... it ought to be pretty awesome.

What are your thoughts? Stay the same, re-brand as the Raptors or re-brand as the Huskies?

Comment

• Stay same or Huskies. Anything else is unacceptable.

Comment

• The Toronto Leiwekes?
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If they want another name that is hip right now and has nothing to do with Canada I sugest the Toronto "Selena Gomezes"

Comment

• Personally, I like Huskies. Toronto's colours are blue and white (with a bit of red thrown in for good measure, but not necessary), so it would be nice if all the teams would adopt those colours.

Modernize the colours, logo and uniforms so they don't look like a CIS team (looking at you 76ers and Jazz), and there you go. The Raptors don't really have a glowing history, so I wouldn't be opposed to a re-branding. The only problem is that you can't keep re-branding. This name has to stick and have a thread into the community that they can embrace.

Or the team just doesn't have to have a name. Just Toronto Basketball Club. Kinda like what they do outside of North America.

Comment

• This thread is alive again?

KEEP the name Raptors. Maybe re-design the jerseys a bit. But that's about it.

I want no part of any stupid name change.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X