Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    DeRozan for the 13 is just disrespectful.I hope Ujiri turns Bargnani and Fields into something.

You guys aren't seeing the forest through the trees. A direct trade for the 13th pick is insulting. The resulting flexibility of all the moves together combined with getting a good young point guard is not insulting.

Matt posted a very good idea and people focused singularly on one part.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      You have to get something proven back for DD. No point of trading a young asset for another young asset. Especially with a track record like DD.
      Short of amnesty we will have to give up SOMETHING in order to jettison Bargnani. We have six contracts with some value, four of which have real value. If you think you can get rid of Bargs without amnesty or giving up one of the players below you should start your career as a GM somewhere, because you are clearly gifted

Jonas Valanciunas = Rookie Deal
      Terrence Ross = Rookie Deal
      Amir Johnson = High Value Role Player
      Kyle Lowry = Expiring
      Linas Kleiza = Expiring
      DeMar DeRozan = moderately overpriced
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

My moves

Rudy Gay & Terrence Ross to GSW for Andris Biedrins and Richard Jefferson = 20 million expiring

DeMar DeRozan/Aaron Gray to Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler/ 25th pick = 8 million expiring

Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson/Landry Fields to LAL for Steve Blake and Pau Gasol = 23 million expiring

Cash/Quincy Acy to Dallas for the 13th pick

Two picks / 53 Million in expiring contracts and a core of Eric Bledsoe and Jonas Valanciunas to properly build around.

okay...I'm gonna wake up now

ohh...addendum... draft Shroeder at 13 and Karasev at 25 and amnesty Kleiza...I'm a fuckin genius
        Last edited by thead; Sat Jun 1, 2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Massai might be Interested in Dennis seeing that his from Nigerian decent.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I heard Hennigan of the Magic is interested in Ben McLemore because he's of American descent.

Comment

The guy that really intrigues me in this draft is Dario Saric. Read a lot of great things about him.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                The guy that really intrigues me in this draft is Dario Saric. Read a lot of great things about him.
                Yeah, he has ridiculous upside. I don't think he's quick enough to guard NBA SFs, but I think you develop him as a PF in the NBA. With his mix of size, skill, and versatility, he reminds me a lot of forwards like Kukoc and Garnett.

Comment

Well if he's that good, Why not snatch him with the 13th pick? we need another PF anyway

Comment

Not huge on Dario, seems kind of unathletic. He's talented sure, but i'm wary of slow footed stretch 4s for some reason.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Well if he's that good, Why not snatch him with the 13th pick? we need another PF anyway
                      Who do you give up then? as much as i like Saric i'm not trading Gay or DeRozan for him. Not trading Ross either(ok maybe). I will be shocked if Amir gets moved for the 13th overall pick. Lowry? Mavs need a PG. But who's going to play PG for the Raptors?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Who do you give up then? as much as i like Saric i'm not trading Gay or DeRozan for him. Not trading Ross either(ok maybe). I will be shocked if Amir gets moved for the 13th overall pick. Lowry? Mavs need a PG. But who's going to play PG for the Raptors?
                        If you really want the pick and you're that high on him, you part with Ross or Amir. THose are the only pieces Dallas is going to want...or maybe Lowry. I somehow doubt they want to absorb DD's contract as they are trying to rebuild on the fly. My guess is they only want to add one major contract this offseason (Howard ideally), and then retain strong value deals and cheap deals. Ross and Amir are both great value.

I'm not suggesting they should do this, but that's probably what it takes. *I know I wouldn't do this.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jun 1, 2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Saric is going to need a team where he is a good fit and/or a coach who knows how to use him and develop him. Otherwise he's going to bust. He's been a big talent for so long, but especially his shooting still isn't good enough to be of value right now because it would mean he needs the ball in his hands to be effective, which kinda sounds like that "ball"-guy without the shooting. Still, lots of upside, but he needs the right surroundings to get groomed.

Comment

Chris Mannix: Mavericks continuing to shop the No. 13 pick to preserve cap space for this summer. Several execs say they are not asking for much, either Twitter @ChrisMannixSI
                            Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#TwVZdIlXG5T01zgr.99

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Chris Mannix: Mavericks continuing to shop the No. 13 pick to preserve cap space for this summer. Several execs say they are not asking for much, either Twitter @ChrisMannixSI
                              Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#TwVZdIlXG5T01zgr.99
                              Not asking too much means what? Acy + cash?

If that is true then Ujiri should really think and trade for that pick. Saric, Adetokoubo, Schroeder, Noguiera and heck Muhammad could be available at 13. Lots of good players with high upside.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Not asking too much means what? Acy + cash?

If that is true then Ujiri should really think and trade for that pick. Saric, Adetokoubo, Schroeder, Noguiera and heck Muhammad could be available at 13. Lots of good players with high upside.
                                No way Dallas not asking for much... They have to find someone who can take Marion's contract... Cuban is genius, he wants to make Mavs tittle contender again.

Comment

Working...
                                X